Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Gibbs' Presser/S. Taylor Shooting (Final Thoughts)

JimmiJo

I just saw this on SI.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/26/bc.fbn.redskins.taylors.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

"The attack on Taylor came eight days after another invasion was reported at his home. According to police records, someone pried open a front window, rifled through his drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed...

...Sharpstein, however, said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened at night by loud noises in the home and that Taylor had grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one of which missed and one that hit Taylor, the attorney said.

"It was clearly a burglary, an armed burglary," Sharpstein said, adding that nothing appeared to have been stolen."

Thanks JU. Disturbing...

Thanks, JJ.

I saw the presser and I'm glad that you asked that question. I was shocked by the first question and I feared that the conference would be swayed in that direction. This situation transcends sports and daily routines, but begs for all of us to take another look at ourselves and the world around us.

Thank you for your question, it was very appropriate.

The whole situation is obviously just shocking and man does every prayer I can muster go to Sean Taylor and his family....You hear of someone shot in the leg and you don't immediately fear for his life but this is bad, this is very very bad. He was shot around 1:30 AM in the femoral artery, chances are he was out in a few moments from the amount of blood that had to be gushing from that wound...From everything I've read he hasn't had any signs of brain activity since, which probably indicates brain damage is likely....I just hope he lives, but I think his survival is grim and the chances of him living a normal life after this are very unlikely.. I pray that I'm wrong and if anyone can sustain a devastating injury like this and live its Sean!

you know i was thinking to myself after the bucs loss, why do we keep gibbs around...we cant win...today made me remember that not only is he a decent coach, he's a great person as well...what other coach would be able to handle this as well as gibbs is......

REMEMBER THE POWER OF PRAYER....please ask god to continue a miracle in progress:helmet:

This truly is a remarkable step in the right direction. Hes obviously responding to the blood transfusions if he has the strength to squeeze a hand or open his eyes. I'm really curious to hear what kind of brain damage may be there; The fact that hes improving is a small miracle in in of itself. If he improves and has no brain damage we are really talking about an act of God here. Amen and Gods speed Sean!

Hes been in my prayers all day hes been the primary concern the whole day. I couldnt concentrate in school or at work and tonight when i heard the good news i just broke down and cried. I love these guys and care about all of them and I'm so grateful that hes taken a step in the right direction towards recovery.

#21 is in our prayers

Hail

Archived