Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Silver-Linings From Today?

Wyvern

Okay, the Skins-Bucs game really hurts. I'm really down in the dumps about this one.

Help me cope with this painful loss by pointing out some good things you noticed from this Skins-Bucs game.

I'll offer up a few candidates:

• Didn't you enjoy watching DT Lorenzo Alexander, in as an eligible receiver, pancaking defenders to spring our RBs for longer runs?

• How about Reche "Rabbit Eyes" Caldwell?

What bright spots or "silver-linings" did you notice for the Skins, that came out of this game?

Defense was great in spite of 6 TO's. Considering no ST and no CR, I gotta hand it to 'em. On O, Ladell looked like the Ladell of last year. We may have found a keeper in Heyer. JC is good until he gets to the opposing 20 yard line....he will learn (hopefully) how to convert TDs in the red zone.

man, why does anyone need to find silver linings anymore? I will always be a fan, but Im definitely not the optimist I once was.

Realistically speaking, this team has no chance at winning the next 5. We get the Bills and Bears at home, which should help, and the Cowboys who may be resting starters. However, we have to play In NY and in Minnesota; either won't be easy. Regardless, that is just 5 games in a row I don't think our team can do.

Sure this was a close game, but that's all we can say.

Skins got 412 yards of total offense. They have been very good these past few weeks and it's been against good defenses. Unfortunately, the turnovers by the offense are negating its performance because they are causing us to lose. But turnovers can be stopped.

Okay, the Skins-Bucs game really hurts. I'm really down in the dumps about this one.

Help me cope with this painful loss by pointing out some good things you noticed from this Skins-Bucs game.

I'll offer up a few candidates:

• Didn't you enjoy watching DT Lorenzo Alexander, in as an eligible receiver, pancaking defenders to spring our RBs for longer runs?

• How about Reche "Rabbit Eyes" Caldwell?

What bright spots or "silver-linings" did you notice for the Skins, that came out of this game?

At one point early in the 1st quarter they showed a Bucs cheerleader, short blond hair, about the hottest thing you'd ever seen. I would eat her sh*t with knife and fork and ask for seconds.

Other than that, absolutely nothing. Nothing but losers on the other side.

The best thign about today is by far our defense. Yeah it was great that Caldwell established himself in this offense, but the defense came up big and actually kept us in this game. We shot ourselves in the foot and beat ourselves, 6 turnovers, tehre is no way you can win a game in teh NFL

I liked that we had DE pressure on the QBs. Wilson looked great, and Carter's engine was in high gear all game.

Doughty showed how he was a really reliable tackler -- made some nice tackles.

Golston and Montgomery are good complements to Griffin.

Skins got 412 yards of total offense.

you people and the yards stat. Who CARES.

You guys fall in love too much with all kinds of different stats. All of them except two:

wins

Those are the two stats I care about and that's pretty much it. If there's a 3rd stat, it would be turnovers. Everything else, I could care LESS about.

I don't care about yard statistics.

I don't care about time of posession statistics.

Those things don't win games - points do.

And repeat after me:

THE

REDSKINS

CANT

SCORE

Silver lining?

We're one week closer to Sean Taylor returning.

That's about it.

There's nothing positive that came from this game other than one hopes Jason is learning from these mistakes and that we won't see them repeated in the near future.

I would have said one week closer to this season being over, but since there won't be any change in coaches or front office structure......who cares.

Archived