Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Silver-Linings From Today?

Wyvern

The only bright side is that as bad as our team is, the rest of the NFC is just as bad.

The Lions aren't going to be the team that gets that last spot. One of the teams with 5 wins right now will over take them.

I guess the other bright side is that there were so many friggin turnovers in this game and the Redskins still had a chance to win it in the end. This game should have been a blow out, so it was a tease that it was even close.

Despite the horrific TO issue, Campbell continues to show us that he's ready to pass the damn ball! It was also good to see McCardell playing well alongside Reche Caldwell. I think this is the first time I've not been worried about our receivers. Portis did a little too much dancing but Betts showed once again why he's here and why we love him.

There were plenty of positives to take from this game, Wyvern. Check 'em out:

*Our Defense dominated a division leading opponent on the road, in their own stadium! Not to mention, we showed the number 1 defense in the league how to stifle a quality opponent's offense. They would have done well to take notes.

*The turnovers were the difference in the game. Otherwise, we would have beat tampa into the surf, & they know it! ZERO 1st downs in the entire 2nd half AT HOME??? I don't care if that dude was their backup. He beat us last year & made plays in the 1st half. Then our D put the clamps on him! That Defensive preformance proved to the world that the tampa bay bucaneers are NOT a contender. And that preformance also came WITHOUT Sean Taylor. That represents growth to me.

*Honestly, the Offense dominated their defense as well. Yes, they won the game, but I remember a time when giving tampa bay a 19-0 advantage in the 1st half was a loss, period. That defense of theirs got exposed as pretenders. They needed SIX turnovers to beat us on their field, by a hair. I guess that shows you the quality of their division.

*Jason Campbell played flawless football again to lead us into a position to Win the game. No he didn't Win, again. But these games are building blocks. A player has to learn how to win in this league; Jason's not far off. He'll have a much better idea of when the corner's baiting him now. Relax. The way this year has gone, he'll get plenty more opportunities.

Now here's the really good news. This season & particularly this game have led me to the conclusion that Washington will surely be a Conference powerhouse 2 seasons from now.

Before I get banned from ES, let me explain. We have played or will play every contender the NFC this season, with the notable exception of the seattle seahawks. In fact, three of our road games this year have been to division leaders. Considering our tough-as-nails conference schedule, we've had a close up look at the contenders. I won't get in depth here, but long term, which teams present a legitimate long-term threat? Most teams are aging, spinning their wheels, or have quarterback issues, which eliminate them from long term contention. The only teams that look to stay in the picture are dallas, seattle, chicago(if mcnabb ends up there--BIG IF), & US. Looking ahead, I like our prospects.

Trust me....the kool aid tastes great if you mix it right!

Silver Lining 1:

Another loss and perhaps some more Redskin Fans that come to the realization that Joe Jackson Gibbs is past his prime and needs to go.

Silver Lining 2:

Another game where #21 is missed again and needs to be the highest paid player on this team.

Silver Lining 3:

Clinton Portis sucks when he doesn't have the preseason to work himself into game shape.

Silver Lining 4:

Mike Sellers is also a very important piece to Clinton Portis

Silver Lining 5:

Another game in the loss column, jockeying for better draft pick!

Silver Lining 6:

LaRon Landry doesn't look so good with #21 being out.....

Silver Lining 7:

1 week closer to #21 coming back HOPEFULLY

Silver Lining 8:

1 week closer to Randy Thomas coming back and that sorry excuse for his backup can get some splinters!

Archived