Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Silver-Linings From Today?

Wyvern

Well if you ask ME about any silver linings from today I'll say these: Cooley is a top TE in this league and still playing well. ANd McCardell is a big help. Other then that, there is nothing good to come from this game.

But if you ask coach Gibbs, he'll prolly say: We fought hard. We came very close to a very good football team. We just need to be able to make one or two more plays in there.

you people and the yards stat. Who CARES.

You guys fall in love too much with all kinds of different stats. All of them except two:

wins

Those are the two stats I care about and that's pretty much it. If there's a 3rd stat, it would be turnovers. Everything else, I could care LESS about.

I don't care about yard statistics.

I don't care about time of posession statistics.

Those things don't win games - points do.

And repeat after me:

THE

REDSKINS

CANT

SCORE

Read my whole post, then get back to me.

you people and the yards stat. Who CARES.

You guys fall in love too much with all kinds of different stats. All of them except two:

wins

Folks care about yards when we actually win. They come out of the woodwork just to weaken the buzz a little. Key example: the Cardinals game.

I liked that we used McCardell alot today. Reche did well also. I'm not quite sure about that direct snap to Portis play. That just didn't "feel" right. Didn't like ARE coming out either:( . But this is supposed be a positive thread..lol

I like how we came out in the 2nd half playing well. And I can't wait until JC doesn't make that throw(s). He's coming along. But this is on him this week. He should have not have thrown that last pass to Moss(or the one in the set before that Ronde{uugghhh another Barber bro..}caught). Pump fake to Moss....McCardell would have been all alone in the endzone.:( :mad:

caldwell. i've been waiting to see what he can do all season...he got a shot and took advantage (unlike a certain WR of IR)...i was getting so sick of us getting players and never using them to see if they have a place on this team (like a certain RB whose first names starts with T and ends with J)....so I was happy to see caldwell play well

There is no silver lining. Campbell is at the end of his 3rd NFL season. I take no more moral victories by anything he does. The team finds unbelievable ways to lose games.

No doubt, seems that other than New England we lose games but can walk away feeling we could have won the game. Guess what, we're not winning games and now it's Campbell looking good until he has to throw for scores and then he gets picked. I think he's gonna be good, but our team as a whole sucks. Including the coaching staff.

Okay, the Skins-Bucs game really hurts. I'm really down in the dumps about this one.

Help me cope with this painful loss by pointing out some good things you noticed from this Skins-Bucs game.

I'll offer up a few candidates:

• Didn't you enjoy watching DT Lorenzo Alexander, in as an eligible receiver, pancaking defenders to spring our RBs for longer runs?

• How about Reche "Rabbit Eyes" Caldwell?

What bright spots or "silver-linings" did you notice for the Skins, that came out of this game?

Cooley ... he never dissapoints, he is the most consistent thing about this football team right now.

Andre Carter continually performing at a high level.

Marcus Washington looks like he had that pep back in his step.

Gibbs playing to win, I like the 4th and 1 call to go for it, just not a fan of trying to run behind the center when they have 9 in the box.

For some reason I don't feel that bad, even though this game pretty much gives us a very slim chance for post season play, or not sure if I have emotionally checked out already and don't realize it?

I'm gonna eat somemore turkey and take another nap now.

I'm actually filling very confident with Jason....I haven't had the same confidence since Brad Johnson during his 1999 season. Cooley was a good as ever. Keenan McCardell is awesome.

Defense was amazing with no Sean Talylor.

But we are not winning. Can't win one and loose three. 5-6

PLEASE: do not give me the line that the defense played well. We played well against a crippled BUCs team that was down to its 3rd RB and Second String QB. WOO-HOO!

Think we can beat the Cowboys on Dec. 30 when they bench Jones and Barber, Romo sits to pee, and TO?

PLEASE: do not give me the line that the defense played well. We played well against a crippled BUCs team that was down to its 3rd RB and Second String QB. WOO-HOO!

Think we can beat the Cowboys on Dec. 30 when they bench Jones and Barber, Romo sits to pee, and TO?

Yes, we can, especially with Taylor back. Will we? Don't know.

Archived