Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For the FIRST Time, I Put THIS Game on Campbell

kleese

When did the highest paid staff in the NFL finally decide to "open up" the offense and put JC in position to make some plays, week 10? If Campbell was given more responsibility early on, maybe some of the mistakes we're seeing now would be behind him.

JC has shown great potential and is starting to realize it, having put the team in winning position despite multiple mistakes by others, offense and defense. I agree the next step in his development is to win a game for us, and it will come. My complaint is this would have already happened had JC not been coddled for so long.

eh, if he were allowed to make mistakes early on, maybe we win last week and this week, but maybe we lose the Dolphins game or the first Eagles game or the Cardinals game ... growing pains were guaranteed to cost us a couple games this year, so I don't think our record would be that different.

Let's just hope the growing pains are over soon.

We could be 7-4 if it weren't for JC. Say what you will, but he essentially cost us the season.

Have I lost "faith" in JC? No, never. He's our QB and I hope he corrects his errors, but I'm not hopeful.

Is JC a franchise QB? I hope so, but I have serious concerns right now.

My biggest fear is that he turns out to be a McNabb or Tony Banks... lots of potential but no delivery.

Why are Banks & McNabb in the same sentence? McNabb has been to multiple Pro Bowls, Banks is a career backup. I'll be very happy if Campbell becomes a pro-bowler.

I actually put last week's game on him too. But I didn;t really say it too much around here because I knew i was in the minority and would get bashed. But I also let JC slide a little bit because it was only one bad decision. But he had TWO chances to make up for it this week, and made the same dumb***** mistake. He should be passed the point of those mistakes already

JC takes a lot of credit for this loss. That's the first time I've felt that he shouldered most of the blame. Once again, though, he was faced with a ridiculous situation where our team didn't show up for an entire half. He managed to level the playing field in the second half, but then completely choked. We had two straight drives that could have yielded touchdowns only to fall into the Bucs' hands. That said, I still have faith that JC will get it done in the long run.

Just to get into the act, the receiving core drops way to many passes. However, does anyone see the number of passes that are high, that are behind receivers, that are overthrown to open receivers? The kid is still a kid. The handcuffs are still on and he is the only one who can take them off. He needs to step up. I only wish he would get some help!

Yeah, and if McCardell catches that crucial 3rd down pass, maybe we convert and get a TD instead of a field goal. Maybe if our receivers stopped running shallow 6 yard routes on 3rd and 8, we convert and score a TD instead of a field goal.

All we needed was one TD drive instead of a field goal, and we win, despite Portis and Moss fumbling the game away. And you want to pin this on Campbell?? Get the **** outta here dude. Incredible.

The Problem is this:

Because of the weak O-Line, Running Game and WRs, too much pressure is being put on the QB.

The Game was over when Moss and Portis fumbled the ball. After that too much pressure was on the passing game and Campbell.

Every week something seems to break down. This has been going on since the mid 90's.

Last week in Dallas, the Redskins had a good day on Offense, but gave up 4 TD passes to TO.

This week in Tampa Bay, the Defense played well, but the offense turned the ball over 4 or 5 times.

I saw these types of Stupid mistakes while Norv Turner was coaching. He blamed the players. Norver Turner did not claim responsibility for Stupid penalties, mental mistakes, turnovers, etc. At that time, I thought Turner was a poor coach and was not a good leader of the team. Now, I see the same thing with Gibbs.

i disagree 100%.. what 4 losses can you count him for? The packers game was the best he played IMO, but those droppes by moss and etc killed that game

Yes but he threw 2 dumb passes yesterday when it counted. Did the same thing in dallASS on the last drive. He's starting to resemble McNab in clutch situations. I hope he gets past this because we need a QB who can rally this team when behind and right now, he's not getting it done.

OK, I'm ready.

Since JC started his first game in Tampa last year, I have been totally patient, and 100% willing to accept his growing pains.

I think JC has progressed quite nicely, and I thought last week was a culmination of growth process. Very impressed and very happy with where he is and where we stand at that position right now.

But, we did still lose.

He played a wonderful game in a tough environment and he got us VERY close to victory-- he made one fatal mistake at the end of the game. I chalk it up to inexperience. Part of the learning process.

But, now, for the first time, I am looking to JC to WIN a game for us.

JC has hit that point, where "ups and downs" are no longer necessarily acceptbable. Good game, bad game, won't cut it.

The team is at a crossroads at 5-5. We are in a very good position to make a wildcard this year. If we win in Tampa on Sunday, we can say the great effort in Dallas was a growing experience for the team. If we lose in Tampa, maybe the Dallas game was just a fluke?

You know the team has to be a tad emotionally unstable coming off last week. They laid it all on the line and came up short-- not to mention hobbled. Now, they have to get back on the road and suck it up against another division leader.

To me, this is a game where the QB needs to put the team on his shoulders and make it happen. This is a great week to test the leadership/clutchness skills of JC.

I'm saying it BEFORE the game. If JC lays an egg on Sunday, it will be the first negative warning sign of his career, IMO. If he plays well and leads us to victory, it will really make me start to believe that we have something special.

There have been four times this year, where JC has had the ball late in the game with a chance to win or tie.

We are 0-4 in those situations.

Now, not EACH of those fall directly on his shoulders. He got us to the 1 yard line against the Giants, the WR's let him down in GB, the defense hurt us in Philly, and he was so good in Dallas leading up to the INT, that it is hard to crticize.

However, 4 chances = 4 losses. The "close" games we won, JC had the ball with at least the cushion of a tie game-- we were never behind late in any of our wins this year.

Hopefully, JC will just explode on Sunday and we won't have to worry about a nail-biter.

But I'll say it now:

If it's late in the 4th quarter and the Bucs lead 21-17 and we have the ball-- that will be a game JC NEEDS to win for us.

At worst, JC's career will probably be a solid game-manager. But I am hoping we have more than a game manager here-- I am hoping we have a winner.

For the first time in his career, I am raising the bar of expectations on Sunday.

I certainly question his final throw in the endzone because it was clear that he made a bad read. The pick he threw to Barber was an excellent play by Barber he acted like he droped in zone, and just read out the play to Moss. That is why Barber is one of the best CB's in the league and has been for years. Quite frankly, when you turn the football over in the NFL 6 times you shouldnt be in any football game. Unfortunatley, we were in it at the end, and JC made a bad read. Im in total agreement with you that evenutally JC is going to have to win a game for us, but i would be quicker to blame him if we didnt turn the ball over sooo many times yesterday .

Yeah, and if McCardell catches that crucial 3rd down pass, maybe we convert and get a TD instead of a field goal. Maybe if our receivers stopped running shallow 6 yard routes on 3rd and 8, we convert and score a TD instead of a field goal.

All we needed was one TD drive instead of a field goal, and we win, despite Portis and Moss fumbling the game away. And you want to pin this on Campbell?? Get the **** outta here dude. Incredible.

So, we can only judge JC if things around him go perfectly? I guess we'll be waiting awhile.........

People are missing the point: I DON'T CARE what led up to the 4th quarter. Bottom line: JC had two chances and failed both times-- this after he did the same thing last week. Sometimes, you need your QB to LIFT UP the rest of the team-- not fall in line with them.

I certainly question his final throw in the endzone because it was clear that he made a bad read. The pick he threw to Barber was an excellent play by Barber he acted like he droped in zone, and just read out the play to Moss. That is why Barber is one of the best CB's in the league and has been for years. Quite frankly, when you turn the football over in the NFL 6 times you shouldnt be in any football game. Unfortunatley, we were in it at the end, and JC made a bad read. Im in total agreement with you that evenutally JC is going to have to win a game for us, but i would be quicker to blame him if we didnt turn the ball over sooo many times yesterday .

Sorry but that wasn't an excellent play by Barber. He was directly in front of our receiver, seconds before JC threw it right in his hands. My 7 year old daughter could have intercepted that pass.

That was the first dumb pass he threw in a clutch situation. The second came when Moss was 2-3 yards ahead of the defender in the end zone. All JC had to do was throw it high. If Moss catches it, it's a TD and if not, it goes out of bounds and gives you another chance. He threw a bullet on that ball and it was low. So low that again, he throws it right into a defenders hands. Game over and probably our season.

Didn't have time to get through the book, maybe cliff notes edition might help. ;)

Yeah, Jason should have recovered Moss' fumble and both of Portis' fumbles. How dare Jason call himself a leader when he's not going to go out there and secure the balls that the other skill players are supposed to keep secure. I mean at least recover the ball.

Oh and here is another idea, maybe he should run after every throw, so when his WR drops the ball he can be there to catch his own pass too.

Anyone subscribing to this point of view needs to get serious and actually WATCH a game. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

:applause:

It kind of sucks, but QB's are always judged more harshly. Things were far from perfect around JC today, but he and his team clawed their back and had a VERY good chance to win. He didn't get it done, period.

They're only judged more harshly by fans who overrate the QB's value and underrate the importance of coaching and supporting talent as factors.

Archived