Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameplan for Galloway? Any coaches out there?

ThePreciating

We need to play a man Cover 2 defense. In a man Cover 2 the corners have man to man coverage. The SS and FS cover deep halfs to help out. Its different from a Tampa 2 because in that coverage the SS and FS have deep halves and sole responsibility for the deep ball.

In a Tampa2, the MLB is responsible for everything deep to the middle. In a Cover2, it's a splite between both Safeties.

In regards to Galloway, you need to hit him hard. Bring a LB over to smack him down and do that early. We know Galloway pretty well in Dallas. Bring pain and you can take him right out of the game. Play him to cover and he will make you pay for it because your not going to match his speed on the fly. If you don't get physical with him, your asking for trouble.

Galloway has killed us for years...even back w/Dallas. U can bank on him getting in the endzone atleast once and getting 100yds receiving. He owns us. Garcia has always given us fits as well. Gonna be a tough game.....extremely tough game.

Not so. In his entire 13 year career, he has 1 100 yard game against us and 4 total TDs in 12 games.

In fact, in his entire career at Dallas, he has a combined 134 yards and 1 TD in 6 games, and, no, most of those yards did not come in 1 game.

As far as Garcia giving us fits, Jason Campbell has had 7 games this season where he put up more passing yards than Garcia's best game against us in 2004, so if Campbell having a mediocre game counts as giving teams fits, then, yes, Garcia always gives us fits.

Not so. In his entire 13 year career, he has 1 100 yard game against us and 4 total TDs in 12 games.

In fact, in his entire career at Dallas, he has a combined 134 yards and 1 TD in 6 games, and, no, most of those yards did not come in 1 game.

As far as Garcia giving us fits, Jason Campbell has had 7 games this season where he put up more passing yards than Garcia's best game against us in 2004, so if Campbell having a mediocre game counts as giving teams fits, then, yes, Garcia always gives us fits.

He HAS however burned a bunch of teams THIS YEAR, even at his age.....and that doesn't bode well for our banged up secondary.

He HAS however burned a bunch of teams THIS YEAR, even at his age.....and that doesn't bode well for our banged up secondary.

2 maybe 3 tops, and against sucky defenses.

Dallas and Philly are top ranked offenses. I hope you aren't comparing Joey Galloway to guys like TO, Randy Moss and Brian Westbrook.

Tampa's offense is even worse than ours.

Dallas and Philly are top ranked offenses. I hope you aren't comparing Joey Galloway to guys like TO, Randy Moss and Brian Westbrook.

maybe in recent weeks but I have probably said this 39 times since sunday Garcia and Galloway are not to be taken lightly, they are VERY efficient, adn considering the state of our secondary, I am afraid we are going to get lit up

He's had 4 games with a 50-yard reception or longer.

And an average of 17.8 per catch.

Not too shabby

Based on the last two weeks and Greg Williams inablity to deal with reality, I see Galloway having a TO like game, except Galloway is faster than TO, so he might have 5 TD's. I mean Reed Doughty will be back out as the starter and he again will get smoked like a big bag of Purple Haze. Then we will hear some repetative crap from our defensive guru about blown assignments and more of that same type of B.S.

Or perhaps Shawn Springs will have a better game and act like he actually wants to play in this game. I also hope that Vernon Fox, and David Macklin play this week, lord knows they can't do any worse than last week.

Or better yet, hopefully JC will make plays each series and we score TD's on every possesion, because until ST comes back Williams and his arrogance will be this teams problem and demise.

Based on the last two weeks and Greg Williams inablity to deal with reality, I see Galloway having a TO like game, except Galloway is faster than TO, so he might have 5 TD's. I mean Reed Doughty will be back out as the starter and he again will get smoked like a big bag of Purple Haze. Then we will hear some repetative crap from our defensive guru about blown assignments and more of that same type of B.S.

Or perhaps Shawn Springs will have a better game and act like he actually wants to play in this game. I also hope that Vernon Fox, and David Macklin play this week, lord knows they can't do any worse than last week.

Or better yet, hopefully JC will make plays each series and we score TD's on every possesion, because until ST comes back Williams and his arrogance will be this teams problem and demise.

I see mention of Doughty and Prioleau starting. Where does Landry fit in?

I see mention of Doughty and Prioleau starting. Where does Landry fit in?

Landry should be used to pressure the QB on Blitzes which is his strong point right? Asking him to cover most of the time is asking for another loss, he needs more experience and since Guru Williams is so SUPER SMART and decides to keep Prioleau over Stoutmire :doh: this is the end result, 2 rookies starting at safety :doh: we see Prioleau should have been released instead of DeMulling but again another ass backward decision by Mr. Arrogance not to keep Omar who played very well in this system before he was let go and ended up in New Orleans. :point2sky

Galloway has killed us for years...even back w/Dallas. U can bank on him getting in the endzone atleast once and getting 100yds receiving. He owns us. Garcia has always given us fits as well. Gonna be a tough game.....extremely tough game.

You've got to be kidding me.

When Galloway was with Dallas he did nothing against us. Champ Bailey absolutely OWNED his ass. I think for a stretch of six games vs. Bailey he averaged 1 catch for 12 yards per game, and had 1 TD *total* against us.

How hard is it to double cover him? Tell the cb to stay with him, and the safety to stay over top. No one else on that team deserves double coverage so why not double the best player. I'm not a coach but it's honestly not that difficult to devise a gameplan against any team. Coaches make football way more complex then it has to be and williams is a pefect example of that.

AMEN to that brother...AMEN (block and tackle baby!!!!):applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived