Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameplan for Galloway? Any coaches out there?

ThePreciating

We saw what Randy Moss and Terrell Owens have done to us. With no Sean Taylor, these big receivers MURDER us. Even with Taylor, Moss still had a pretty good day against us.

What do we do about Galloway? Granted he's only one target, but he'll outrun Fletcher a hundred times, leaving Prioleau scrambling to get into the play.

I'm worried. No one on that Tampa offense is even MILDLY threatening except for Galloway. Can we stop him without Taylor?

He's not big and physical like those other guys you mentioned. He doesn't like contact.

Tampa runs a precise, timing-based offense. So the idea is to jam galloway at the line with springs so he doesn't get into his route clean. Roll the safety to his side. It means Smoot has to handle Hilliard all by himself.

Unfortunately, the cover 2 we're stuck on seems to eliminate any kind of game-planning to slow down a WR.

If we were playing more press/man-to-man, I would put Smoot on him with a lot of help, and allow Springs to match up on someone else, so Garcia would have to throw to either double coverage to hit Galloway, or a secondary receiver matched up on Springs.

That's just not the kind of thing we do these days, however.

How hard is it to double cover him? Tell the cb to stay with him, and the safety to stay over top. No one else on that team deserves double coverage so why not double the best player. I'm not a coach but it's honestly not that difficult to devise a gameplan against any team. Coaches make football way more complex then it has to be and williams is a pefect example of that.

You need to JAM him at the LOS. Period. I still don't understand why we don't do this especially against teams that run mostly timing paterns on offense. The first Eagles game we did and it worked. Beyond that, I am ashamed to say, GW hasn't figured out that it actually works against certain offenses in this league. Would be nice to get a little help over the top from a safety as well. :2cents:

What do we do about Galloway? Granted he's only one target, but he'll outrun Fletcher a hundred times, leaving Prioleau scrambling to get into the play.

Well i would hope that the coaches don't have london fletcher split outside playing CB...

we'll probably play alot of cover 2, and you won't see alot of blitzes. garcia is a good scrambler (he is still their starting QB, right? i haven't seen any TB games this year). our front seven is competent enough to stop their shabby o-line and running game, so if we double up on galloway or play cover 2 we should be fine.

my only reservation about the cover 2 is that prioleau doesnt have his timing down with the CBs. the pass-off between the CB and the S in a full zone cover 2 look must be quick and efficient, leaving as small a whole in the zone coverage as possible during the pass-off. last week, on one of TOs touchdowns, prioleau had horrible timing and not only was TO open, but he completely missed the tackle. hopefully this was corrected.

yes finally a topic like this. Everyone seems to think TB is going to be easy, but I think its going to be very hard considering our injuries in the secondary, and the way Galloway and Garcia have hooked up this season, Galloway is one of the fastest receivers in the league, I have a feeling we are going to have a tough time stopping him.

Hopefully GW implements something to slow down Galloway after what happened last week, because if our Db's play like they did against TO, we are going to lose once again.

4.1:laugh:

If he did that, he would be the fastest man ever.

He runs a 4.3 at best

i dont know about a 4.1 making someone the fastest man ever...jacoby ford, a wr at clemson, ran a 4.126 coming out of high school. was a florida track champion. but i dont think hes the fastest man ever. hes only 5'9 and has short legs. :silly:

but i think we double galloway and let the rest of the team have to step up to beat us. only person id be worried about is graham. he did manage a 100+ rush and 100+ receiving game a few weeks back.

Archived