Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Book it! - We WILL beat the Bucs by double digits this weekend

ceviker

As my good friends Skins&Terps07 puts it sometimes, no, Ceviker is not on crack. That being said -

Just as the rest of you, my heart was ripped out once again by our beloved team. We really should have won that game against the Cowboys – we really should have. But whatever, we are where we are and what we are is a 5-5 team that’s 7th in the NFC with playoff destiny 110% in our hands. And let me tell you what I saw for the first time in a looooong time – fire in our quarterback’s eyes. Jason Campbell almost pulled off what would have been the greatest performance by a Redskins QB in quite sometime. The offense was clicking without a running game! Portis basically got shut-out, but the passing game was so good that it didn’t matter. When was the last time that happened?

Yeah, I was angry/sad/disappointed/confused when JC threw that pick instead of running but unfortunately, he’s still young and is still growing. The defense shut down the Cowboys for the 1st half which was great, but that coverage on TO in the 2nd half was terrible. Just terrible play calling IMO. But still when tough came to shove, the defense stopped the Dallas offense one last time to give us a chance to win the game. Unfortunately, we didn’t pull it out.

I think our offense is almost there. And I think we will reach “there” against the Bucs. Our D will still hurt without Sean Taylor, but the Bucs passing game is no where near what the Cowboys passing attack is and I guarantee you Greg Williams won’t allow Galloway to have 4 wide-open touchdowns against us. I also think our offense is on the verge of exploding. As Borat puts it, “liquid explosion HIGH FIVE!” Put those together and we will beat the Bucs this week by double digits.

A win is a win and I’ll take a 2-0 victory just the same as a 63-0 victory. But this is our game and this is our season on the line. We’re about to make our playoff push RIGHT NOW. And when Randy Thomas and Sean Taylor return… watch the **** out.

“Get your popcorn ready.” – it begins this week.

It'll be too little too late by the time ST and RT return. My bet is that they fold, like they have been doing 3 of the last 4 games, give up the lead in the 2nd half of 3-4 more games and finish with, maybe an 8-8 record, more likely a 7-9.

Not sure why there is optimism for anything but. So, the offense scored 23 whole points! Wow! They gave up 28.... not enough. They have lost 3 of 4 games and the only victory is against one of the worst teams in the league and they needed OT for that.

This is another Skins team built to rip out the hearts of the fans and will continue to underachieve the rest of the year.

But if we this guy and he is injured and this and that... WAH! Cry me a river. So the Skins have injuries - what do you want? A credit from the league? A 3 point headstart? Too bad there are no handicaps in the NFL....

They have the #1 defense in the NFC playing at home. They have a QB that can get outside of the pocket and make plays and they have a deep threat in Joey Galloway. I will be happy if we sqeak out a win without Sean Taylor and get ready for a little run to the playoffs. We are by no means a far superior team to the Bucs and unless they don't show up I don't see us winning big.

It'll be too little too late by the time ST and RT return. My bet is that they fold, like they have been doing 3 of the last 4 games, give up the lead in the 2nd half of 3-4 more games and finish with, maybe an 8-8 record, more likely a 7-9.

Not sure why there is optimism for anything but. So, the offense scored 23 whole points! Wow! They gave up 28.... not enough. They have lost 3 of 4 games and the only victory is against one of the worst teams in the league and they needed OT for that.

This is another Skins team built to rip out the hearts of the fans and will continue to underachieve the rest of the year.

But if we this guy and he is injured and this and that... WAH! Cry me a river. So the Skins have injuries - what do you want? A credit from the league? A 3 point headstart? Too bad there are no handicaps in the NFL....

Ughhhh.....that "one of the worst teams in the league" just beat the 3rd best team in football.

hey skins fans. nice classy posts fellas. Ya'll looked pretty damn good last night, and I was pulling for you (god I hate TO and tony Homo). anyway, no game is safe if you are a Bucs fan. I expect a tight game, that we should win, but who the hell knows, like I said, it's the darn bucs for crying out loud. We beat the crap out of Jax and Det only to lose both games, Jax at home. So, it's not crazy to think y'all can win. I just hope not! Good luck though.....

hey skins fans. nice classy posts fellas. Ya'll looked pretty damn good last night, and I was pulling for you (god I hate TO and tony Homo). anyway, no game is safe if you are a Bucs fan. I expect a tight game, that we should win, but who the hell knows, like I said, it's the darn bucs for crying out loud. We beat the crap out of Jax and Det only to lose both games, Jax at home. So, it's not crazy to think y'all can win. I just hope not! Good luck though.....
I agree. Tough game. I think we will pull away, though

Orange, can you give us a good analysis on your team?

Bad running game?

Your Pass D looks strong on paper.

We better win this game or its Bye Bye playoffs. Win this game and then come home and try to win the next 2. Winning 3 in a row is tough esp witht his team but if we can somehow pull it off and we @ 8 -5 hopefulyl with Thrash, Taylor and Thomas back int he fold, we will be a very good team going into NY to play the Giants.

Please God, make what I wrote happen for us. Please!

I think we get back on the Winning track this week. Yes, tampa will be a difficult opponent to defeat (on the road, no less). But consider that they can Win that jv of a division is their sleep, since new orleans recently fell back into the surf. They can relatively coast to the finish, since their weak division gives them a nice margin for error. Washington, on the other hand, will Win. We need the game more, we match-up well with tampa bay, & the offense has found its rhythm. Even with all of the Redskins' injuries, I expect a close game that we eventually win by 4-to-7 points.

Archived