Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Book it! - We WILL beat the Bucs by double digits this weekend

ceviker

Don't worry, Ceviker still does crack, but he may have been lucid enough to write something that makes sense. Normally, I am very negative by nature and nothing in a two game losing streak in the 2nd half of the season would make me think positively. However, I think Ceviker is right. We will win this one by double digits.

I really like how the offense not only put together excellent back to back games, but they actually improved (instead of regressed) and were better in the Dallas game. Tampa is always a tough one, especially down there (oh wait, we always play down there), but I just have the feeling that everything comes together next Sunday.

Take that however you want coming from someone who usually projects gloom and doom.

I agree. Tough game. I think we will pull away, though

Orange, can you give us a good analysis on your team?

Bad running game?

Your Pass D looks strong on paper.

Well, I'll try. On offense, after losing Luke Pettigote and Pontiac williams to the IR, of course everything goes as the O-Line goes, even though Garcia does a good job keeping plays alive when there's a blocking breakdown. The o-line is very young with 3-2nd year players @ LT, RG and RT, and a rookie @ LG. yet it seems to be starting to show it's youth in that they are really playing with a lot of athleticism. they have their moments of breakdowns, but on the whole, has been playing much better as of late. Earnest Graham has been a pleasant surprise. Known for the past few years as Mr. August, he's led our team in rushing the past 3 preseasons. Yet he's stepped in when Michael Pittman had ankle injury, and has done more in his first 4 games (yardage wise rush/rec) than Pontiac williams did in his. He's a much better pass blocker than Pontiac, and catches the ball as good as Pittman. his speed may not be that of Pittman or Pontiac, but the guy runs with a purpose, and always seems to fall forward. He's rushed for oer 100yds the past 2 games. Of course with Joey Galloway on the outside, it keeps defenses honest as his speed is still pretty damn fast.

On defense, they've really been playing weel as of late. They were having problems getting off the field on 3rd downs, and creating turnovers, but it seems to be starting to turn around now. Barrett Ruud, in his first year as MLB, has surprised everyeon with his solid play and great tackling. Brooks seems to have lost a step or two, but is still laying the wood on opposing runners. Cato June, when not drinking and driving, has been a major upgrade over Ryan Nece at SLB. His coverage skills are very good. The D-line has been the biggest letdown thus far. Not a lot of pressure on QBs (although 4 sacks vs the lowly Fowlclowns) as far as sacks, but the pressure is coming and getting better. #1 pick Gaines adams has been pretty quiet but has had 2 really good games the past 2. Our biggest upgrade has been in the DB at safety. Tarnard jackson rookie from syracuse, has been lights out for us this year. Safety was one of our weakest positions last year, and he and Jermaine Phillips have been lighting receivers and runners up. Bringing back DB coach Rahim Morris was probably the biggest reason for the resurgence there.

St's have been much better this year. Our coverage units have been awesome, and before Mark Jones got injured, our KR unit was top 5.

Add to this a league high 12 men on IR and I'm pretty happy with how we are playing. After 4-12 last year, I don't think anyone expected this. I think Garcia is the biggest offseason signing that has had the most impact in the NFC (of course Randy Moss would be the biggest league wide)

Hope that gives y'all some insight into the 2007 buccaneers.

Don't worry, Ceviker still does crack, but he may have been lucid enough to write something that makes sense. Normally, I am very negative by nature and nothing in a two game losing streak in the 2nd half of the season would make me think positively. However, I think Ceviker is right. We will win this one by double digits.

I really like how the offense not only put together excellent back to back games, but they actually improved (instead of regressed) and were better in the Dallas game. Tampa is always a tough one, especially down there (oh wait, we always play down there), but I just have the feeling that everything comes together next Sunday.

Take that however you want coming from someone who usually projects gloom and doom.

I have that feeling too and it worries me a bit. I'm expecting the Redskins to finally have everything together (offensively at least) and for us to just flat out outscore Tampa. Here's to hoping it happens :cheers:

The two teams are comparable as far as skill goes and I'm expecting an excellent game. Just tell Campbell not to make too many medium-ranged passes up middle... I'd hate for your dwarfish WRs to meet Tanard and Jermaine :laugh: :laugh:

A troll from Australia? I thought all Australia had was some kangeroos and koala bears and whatnot, not trolls. :laugh: :cheers:

A troll from Australia? I thought all Australia had was some kangeroos and koala bears and whatnot, not trolls. :laugh: :cheers:

I'm only stating the facts. Your WRs are good pass catchers and agile men, but they're not particularly strong or speedy. I'd hate to see one of them try and catch a traffic pass down middle when the other team has Flip and TJ.

I'm only stating the facts. Your WRs are good pass catchers and agile men, but they're not particularly strong or speedy. I'd hate to see one of them try and catch a traffic pass down middle when the other team has Flip and TJ.

Or Landry and ST? Lucky for you ST is out. Still, wouldn't trade an injured ST for either one of them healthy.

Tell me, has Taylor injured anyone yet this season? Don't think so, but TJ's injured Dallas Clark. And Taylor's actually injured :laugh:

You are disgusting.

Not only do you judge your players' abilities by who they have injured, you actually are laughing that another player is injured.

You're everything that I hope to never, ever be.

dont let kevin hench see this thread. apparently we are going to lose the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7479230?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

BUCCANEERS -3.5 vs. Redskins

It's a matchup between one team that will make the playoffs essentially by forfeit and a team that will miss the playoffs by self-inflicted wounds. The Redskins are four plays from being 9-1 but have choked repeatedly in close games. The Bucs, meanwhile, figure to be the only team in the miserable NFC South that ends the season with a winning record. Buccaneers 24, Redskins 10

somehow i doubt that we will only score 10 points....

Nah, Taylor sticks to clean hits for the most part. He doesn't aim to end people's seasons, just to stop the ball. And I guarantee he does it better than TJ. Where is TJ on the INT list?

Only because our Safety corps isn't a one-man show. Flip has 3 INTs which if you add to TJ's 2 exactly equals ST's 5. And I guarantee you, if TJ keeps playing like he has he'll surpass ST's 4-INT rookie season by season's end, have no doubt about it.

You are disgusting.

Not only do you judge your players' abilities by who they have injured, you actually are laughing that another player is injured.

You're everything that I hope to never, ever be.

While you, sir are delusional. Some of us like to watch the sport of football for the violence. You're being way too idealistic if you want to look down on people who get excited when their Safety injures someone. Let me ask you a question. Why do you think our fullback Mike Alstott is such a beloved player in Tampa? Because he completely rolls anyone's secondary when he runs and it's exciting for us to see him doing it, that's why. Grow up and accept the reality that some people enjoy football for the violence. It's a rough sport, like so many veterans will tell you.

Edit: Oh and the whole of the Tampa Bay defense was temporarily excited and fired up after TJ injured Clark. Are you going to say that you are disgusted by my team's whole D?

While you, sir are delusional. Some of us like to watch the sport of football for the violence. You're being way too idealistic if you want to look down on people who get excited when their Safety injures someone. Let me ask you a question. Why do you think our fullback Mike Alstott is such a beloved player in Tampa? Because he completely rolls anyone's secondary when he runs and it's exciting for us to see him doing it, that's why. Grow up and accept the reality that some people enjoy football for the violence. It's a rough sport, like so many veterans will tell you.

Edit: Oh and the whole of the Tampa Bay defense was temporarily excited and fired up after TJ injured Clark. Are you going to say that you are disgusted by my team's whole D?

Yeah, I am disgusted by anyone who is happy about injuring another player. I've been watching football for as long as I've been alive, and I love the hits. I just don't want anyone hurt. And don't you dare to tell me to grow up, boy. I have more experience in my 23 years than you'll have until karma comes around and shows you how fun violence can be.

I'm ever so sorry that my parents raised me to not want to see people hurt. Your parents must be SO proud. :jerk:

Yeah, I am disgusted by anyone who is happy about injuring another player. I've been watching football for as long as I've been alive, and I love the hits. I just don't want anyone hurt. And don't you dare to tell me to grow up, boy. I have more experience in my 23 years than you'll have until karma comes around and shows you how fun violence can be.

I'm ever so sorry that my parents raised me to not want to see people hurt. Your parents must be SO proud. :jerk:

What's the point of having hard hitters if no one is injured once in a while? And you foolishly speak of Karma while defending ST, well let me tell you, sir that it is personally my very strong opinion that he's getting his just desserts for being a "punk" (T.J. Houshmandzadeh) and spitting on people. I'm not sorry a total degenerate like him is injured at all. And by what power do you presume to take that sort of tone with me? If you're so tough come to Australia, I'll PM you my address and I'll give you the biggest ass-kicking that you'll never get the likes of such again in your life. It sounds to me like YOU are the one who needs to be shown how much "fun" violence can be. Ever duke it out with an Australian college rugby fullback?

Edit: Oh and I could care less if I get banned over this. I was only going to stay on this forum until the conclusion of the Redskins - Buccaneers match anyway. But my offer of PMing you my address if you want me to show you how much fun violence can be stands.

IF

we play like we did Sunday and the Detroit game, we can/will win.

If we play like we've done in most of the other games we won't.

Tampa is tough at home.

Just depends on what Redskins team shows up on Sunday.

I think it depends more on what Redskin coaching staff shows up. If its the one from last week we win big. If its the ones from the AZ/GB/NYJ games it could be close.... Win or Lose?

What's the point of having hard hitters if no one is injured once in a while? And you foolishly speak of Karma while defending ST, well let me tell you, sir that it is personally my very strong opinion that he's getting his just desserts for being a "punk" (T.J. Houshmandzadeh) and spitting on people. I'm not sorry a total degenerate like him is injured at all. And by what power do you presume to take that sort of tone with me? If you're so tough come to Australia, I'll PM you my address and I'll give you the biggest ass-kicking that you'll never get the likes of such again in your life. It sounds to me like YOU are the one who needs to be shown how much "fun" violence can be. Ever duke it out with an Australian college rugby fullback?

Edit: Oh and I could care less if I get banned over this. I was only going to stay on this forum until the conclusion of the Redskins - Buccaneers match anyway. But my offer of PMing you my address if you want me to show you how much fun violence can be stands.

I'm so scared. Believe me. My therapist will hear about this one. :rolleyes:

Wishing injury on someone or being glad that an injury happened is pathetic, disgusting, inhumane, and everything that I hope to never meet. People like you are the reason that the word "shame" was written.

I really am amused to read where a 5-5 team going on the road to play a 6-4 team is a LOCk to win by more than 10 points :laugh:

This season, the Redskins only have ONE victory over 10 points, and that came against a Detroit team at home that for some reason can't beat the Redskins regardless of who the coaches and players on the respective sides are going back to 1965 :laugh: :D

If anything, the Dolphins, Cardinals and Jets games showed that when the Redskins win it is usually by a close margin, even against lower caliber competition.

I really am amused to read where a 5-5 team going on the road to play a 6-4 team is a LOCk to win by more than 10 points :laugh:

This season, the Redskins only have ONE victory over 10 points, and that came against a Detroit team at home that for some reason can't beat the Redskins regardless of who the coaches and players on the respective sides are going back to 1965 :laugh: :D

If anything, the Dolphins, Cardinals and Jets games showed that when the Redskins win it is usually by a close margin, even against lower caliber competition.

Trust me, I'm the last one to make a rash comment like this. Based on history, there is zero basis for my prediction. I just have a feeling. One thing is for certain though - we've reached the crossroads for our season at this game. Question is which way will we go?

Archived