Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Fooling Yourselves

scottlo34

Well if we do clean house, its only going to take another 5 years to rebuild and refill the positions correctly. And I'm sorry, but you can be a 'fan' for 30 years or a 'fan' for 3 years and care pretty much the same way. We all hate when they lose, we all love it when they win. I mean, thats it, to the point. I've been a 'fan' since the day I was born in Silver Spring with a Redskins Beanie on my head. But do I deserve any more ****ing rights over someone who started liking the Skins 5 years ago? No. This team sucks and its not improving. Its just funny how one thing always goes well (whether its our D, or running game, or passing game, etc) while everything else is horrible. And then the threads start about how 'we should look at the positive' or 'every one must be fired.' If we won all the time, that would be boring (obviously thats what everyone wants) and games wouldn't be fun to watch. I'm not saying that they are now, and everyone ****es about how close the games are, but it is entertainment. Sports are suppose to entertain, and as much as I would like us to kill every team every week, its not going to happen.

So, vent and scream and yell for everyones head, and praise player x for his solid play despite losing/winning. But one thing you can NEVER do if you are a true fan:

Never stop hating the Cowturds!

HTTR.

Gibbs I was not so dominant. He won 3 super bowls in 11 years. That's roughly 1 every 4, not often enough to be considered a dynasty, split by a couple Giants SBs and capped by a few Dallas SBs. OUR OWN DIVISION was more dominant than us in that era. Gibbs I was great, don't get me wrong, but time has caused us to elevate it to something mythological when it wasn't.
We only had 1 losing season in those 11 years.

Guest sith lord
Gibbs I was not so dominant. He won 3 super bowls in 11 years. That's roughly 1 every 4, not often enough to be considered a dynasty, split by a couple Giants SBs and capped by a few Dallas SBs. OUR OWN DIVISION was more dominant than us in that era. Gibbs I was great, don't get me wrong, but time has caused us to elevate it to something mythological when it wasn't.

Winning one SB every 4 years is pretty dog on dominate. And you're dead wrong about other NFC East teams being more dominate than the Skins during the Gibbs era. In Gibbs 1, the Skins went to 4 SB and won 3. The Giants went to 2 and won both of them. The Cowboys went to one SB and won it. And do you know how many losing seasons Gibbs 1 had in 11 seasons? ONE!!! And I believe that was 7-9. Not to shabby.

And another point. What Gibbs did in his first tenure was better than what these coaches of dynasty teams did. Gibbs won his SB with 3 different QB's. It's one thing to ride the coattail of a HOF QB to 3 SB as some coaches have done, but it takes a true master to win with 3 different QB's who none of them are going to the HOF.

Those Gibbs-coached teams, unlike this one, were always in the thick of things. Even three Super Bowl wins and four appearances in that time period is still a great accomplishment.

The Giants did win two Super Bowls in the '80's, but Dallas never won a Super Bowl between '77 and '92. I don't know where you get the idea that they won any more than one during Gibbs' time as Coach, and that one was at the very last year with a team in worse shape than this one.

Expectations are way too high for this team, and that's a huge part of the problem.

Just be honest with yourself and it won't hurt so much.

It's not hard to see the team needs help in the personel department so until Danny spends some of his coin on a real GM, we'll be going through the motions. Gibbs gave away too many draft picks and it's going to take a few years to recover from that. Expecting the team to make miracles with no magic wand is a tough sell.

Coaching is only part of the problem. This can all be boiled down to ownership. All the coaches in the world won't help a franchise that needs better players at key positions and better use of the salary cap.

:)

Then why the **** are you a fan???

some of you sicken me.

What do you mean? I wouldn't necessarily call them a joke, but I'll go as far as to call them inept and unwilling/unable to put ANYBODY away. The Redskins aren't a good FOOTBALL TEAM at all right now. I'm still a fan. I'll still be a fan if we don't win a game again all year.

How does it sicken you that some Redskins fans think this team is a joke? It doesn't mean they aren't just as big of a fan as you. They might be more of a fan to think this team is garbage..... and to still follow them.

Oh please. This team has been stinking out loud for a long time now. When does it end? Also, injuries didn't cost us this game, Gibbs did. He must resign after the season. No if, ands or buts. He'll always be a HOF coach, but the game HAS passed him by.

Losing Sellers

Smoot

Rogers

Taylor

Moss

Jansen

Thomas

Washington

Thrash

Didnt cost us the game? I guess your right....their replacements cost us the game.

Another week, another sob story. If you are really a 26 year fan, then you should be able to take this kind of thing in stride.

That's not going to happen and why should it?

LOL maybe not everyone is used to losing year in and year out in their lives like you might be. F this team, this ogranization is a waste of time and money and until they prove me that they are for real and can win in this league they will never get another dime from me. that is around 3 to 4k a year spent which will be saved. Now if everyone else does the same to send a message to the money hungry Danny. Get your hopes up, just so they can get destroyed on Sunday afternoon.

Guest sith lord
Losing Sellers

Smoot

Taylor

Moss

Jansen

Thomas

Washington

Thrash

Didnt cost us the game? I guess your right....their replacements cost us the game.

Injuries is just an excuse. Hell, Moss have been a non factor all season. He and JC have no chemistry whats so ever. Janson have been out all season and Thomas have been out most of the season. The O-Line was actually dominate most of the game.

I've been a Skins fan for 35 years now and all that means is I'm getting old.

I live in Ohio and usually have to fin for myself but never the less always wear my colors. This year isn't over but I'm not convinced we have a good team yet. I just wish and hope for once I don't have to revert to the "Wait til next year" statement that seems to happen every year now for quite sometime. Regardless I'll keep rooting for the Burgandy and Gold for another 35 years if I'm lucky.

They were a great team in that era and as much of a dynasty as any team in that time frame.They played in 4 bowls and 5 NFC championship games.There were also 1 or 2 other playoff appearances.I would say 5 out of 11 seasons in a league championship game is pretty impressive,ecspecially when you figure in the won -loss record.

Losing Sellers

Smoot

Rogers

Taylor

Moss

Jansen

Thomas

Washington

Thrash

No, 11 penalties, competely predictable, pedestrian play-calling inside the red zone and surprise, surprise, no killer instinct or guts cost us this game as usual.

While I have been a Skins fan for 37 years I can truly say that the dissapointment I felt watching them give away the third game this season that we were leading in the fourht quarter was disasterous. Sure Mr. Gibbs wants to run the ball but, when your quarterback has thrown three touchdowns in the game why would you not run a play-action and pass for the touchdown? No...let's run the ball and the, on third down, pass it when the defense KNOWS that's what you're going to do! Kick a field goal to give you a five point lead? In the present situation, and with this team's track record, you had better go for it from the 2 year line! :2cents:

I've watched the good years and the bad, I tell these cowplop fans here that "I survuved the Steve Purrier era and remained a fan so I know that I blead Burgandy and Gold." I don't look for this team to pull the upset this weekend, but I will watch and pray that they will learn to play all four quarters and use the killer instinct that's needed. (That goes for the coached as well, I may be politically a conservative but, on the football field, conservatism be damned! Go balls to the wall!)

:dallasuck

Losing Sellers

Smoot

Rogers

Taylor

Moss

Jansen

Thomas

Washington

Thrash

The Buffalo Bills have lost the vast majority of their starters and something like nine on just the Defense. They now have the same record as we do, but they're on the upswing.

Injuries affect every team. It's a lame excuse, especially when we have been in every game except the Patriots game.

Those Gibbs-coached teams, unlike this one, were always in the thick of things. Even three Super Bowl wins and four appearances in that time period is still a great accomplishment.

The Giants did win two Super Bowls in the '80's, but Dallas never won a Super Bowl between '77 and '92. I don't know where you get the idea that they won any more than one during Gibbs' time as Coach, and that one was at the very last year with a team in worse shape than this one.

This is what I'm talking about. You guys have Gibbs I on a pedestal. If it was so great, how come he never won two in a row? I'm just saying, maybe you all were expecting more than you should have when he came back. I though he would net us one SB in 5-6 years and be done again. Anything more than that would not be a return to Gibbs I, it would be science fiction.

Injuries is just an excuse. Hell, Moss have been a non factor all season. He and JC have no chemistry whats so ever. Janson have been out all season and Thomas have been out most of the season. The O-Line was actually dominate most of the game.

Um the right side was not dominant at all in the red zone or during the 2 minute drills, when we need them most. Go back and watch Wade and Fabini get used. I did. It makes me mad.

The Buffalo Bills have lost the vast majority of their starters and something like nine on just the Defense. They now have the same record as we do, but they're on the upswing.

Injuries affect every team. It's a lame excuse, especially when we have been in every game except the Patriots game.

To counter your point I will talk about the Saints. Who lost their OT yesterday and lost to the St Louis rams.

Hottest team in the nFL losing to the second worst? But their coaching and blah blah blah

Injury folks. The minute you expect our backups to be as good as our starters you start getting dissapointed.

Guest sith lord
This is what I'm talking about. You guys have Gibbs I on a pedestal. If it was so great, how come he never won two in a row? I'm just saying, maybe you all were expecting more than you should have when he came back. I though he would net us one SB in 5-6 years and be done again. Anything more than that would not be a return to Gibbs I, it would be science fiction.

The only reason they didn't win 2 in a row was because they were way over confident in the SB against the Raiders.

This is what I'm talking about. You guys have Gibbs I on a pedestal. If it was so great, how come he never won two in a row?

That has to be the most lame retort I have ever read on this board.

Not many Coaches have. Winning one is difficult enough. Winning consecutive has only been done a couple times, twice by the same team and that was 30 years ago. It doesn't reflect today, but you're simply minimizing what four SB appearances and three victories means. Marv Levy would love to have been able to do that with his four appearances.

Archived