Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Fooling Yourselves

scottlo34

Don't you think there might be some different urgency to change (i.e., improve) if people stopped buying the merchandise, stopped buying the tickets, etc.?

Go back and find the thread where I suggested a boycott on all Skins merchandise...that one didn't go over so well with some of the locals.

Don't blame Snyder. He has given Gibbs everything he requested and it's Gibbs job to make it all come together. Gibbs himself is on record in saying, "if we don't win, it's my fault, not Dan Snyder's."

Right. 10 years and counting.

I guess Gibbs and Schottenheimer both forgot how to coach when they got here. Only to re-learn it after they left.

Go back and find the thread where I suggested a boycott on all Skins merchandise...that one didn't go over so well with some of the locals.

That's not what it'll take.

It'll take a fundamental shift in interest away from football in Washington, which would unwind decades of obsession.

Not going to happen, I don't think.

Guest sith lord

I hear what you're saying, but it would never work. Go ahead and don't buy tickets. I'm sure they'll be someone more than happy to take your seat.

Another week, another sob story. If you are really a 26 year fan, then you should be able to take this kind of thing in stride.

That's not going to happen and why should it?

Absolute nonsense.Only a sadist would take this kind of crap in stride.Inconsistencies and ineptness galore. It wasn't like this 26 or so years ago. We we're a team to be reckoned with. I remember well. And man it was a wonderful time to be a Skins fan. As of now that no longer is the case.

Really. Is anyone enjoying this season as of now?

Well, is Snyder's goal is to make money, then he's clearly an unquestionable success.

But if the goal is winning, then he's clearly a failure.

Which comes back to the question of what Snyder wants more: financial success or a winning record. I think a lot of people would say that financial success seems to be more important.

Until the consumer's stop buying the product, then there's really no incentive to change.

The goal of ANY business is to make money, so for that he's doing just fine.

This is where the waters get cloudy, though, because most fans don't take that into account or care about it. But it has to be looked at when people say he's a failure. On the biggest stage he's a huge winner, and that stage is the money game. I'm sure Snyder doesn't lose sleep at night worrying about the bottom line. As a fan of the team he might be frustrated, but the stadium will be filled with plenty of beer drinkers/parking payors so regardless he's winning and so is the franchise.

The only way is for everyone to stop buying season tickets and stop showing up to the games. That's what happened in San Diego and the ownership finally made a commitment to winning football games and it turned things around. Now they are sold out every week.

Snyder's goal is to get everyone into the stadium so he can charge a premium for things like water and beer. It's the amusement park mentality, and he's working it to huge profits in Washington. The only thing that can change it is if fans stop going. Make it known that we want a GM and a commitment to winning football games not just selling beer and jersies.

Don't you think there might be some different urgency to change (i.e., improve) if people stopped buying the merchandise, stopped buying the tickets, etc.?

Absolutely. Which is why my seats are sitting unused. It's the only true way to show my displeasure. I know it's a small thing to him, but I'm sure there will be more and more no-shows as the season goes on.

Guest sith lord

I guess Gibbs and Schottenheimer both forgot how to coach when they got here. Only to re-learn it after they left.

The biggest mistake Snyder has made as owner of the Redskins was firing Schottenheimer. Snyder also used to be an owner who got in the way. Not anymore. This is all Gibbs.

How many other teams in the Super Bowl era have had a better run?

That's exactly my point. You're all spoiled by Bill Belichek winning 3 Superbowls in 4 years and on the verge of his 4th in 7. For some reason, you all feel like Gibbs I was on par with this kind of accomplishment. It was just a decent run over the course of a decade. The Patriots are dominant. The skins were just good. If the Patriots and Colts of today or the early 90's Cowboys had been playing during Gibbs I, do you really think we'd have any Super Bowls at all?

The only way is for everyone to stop buying season tickets and stop showing up to the games. That's what happened in San Diego and the ownership finally made a commitment to winning football games and it turned things around. Now they are sold out every week.

Ironic that you mention San Diego. Their turnaround was started by the same man that Snyder fired. Schottenheimer is successful anywhere. But here.

Guest sith lord
Absolutely. Which is why my seats are sitting unused. It's the only true way to show my displeasure. I know it's a small thing to him, but I'm sure there will be more and more no-shows as the season goes on.

No offense, but what you're doing is bad. Why even buy tix if you're not going to the game?

The biggest mistake Snyder has made as owner of the Redskins was firing Schottenheimer. Snyder also used to be an owner who got in the way. Not anymore. This is all Gibbs.

That's what the PR machine tells us. But I certainly don't believe it.

WRONG! Schottenheimer came in a immediately went 0-5 but then went 8-3 to end that season. If Danny-boy hadn't made such a stupid move to fire him and bring in Spurrier the Skins would have been in the playoffs the next season!

Schottenheimer should be at the top of the list to come back in here. He know how to coach and Norv Turner can thank him for the team he has winning now, he certainly had nothing to do with putting that team together.

This team is trying to snow us again and quite frankly I am not getting sucked in again this year. First of all, our defense got thoroughly exposed up in New England. Bill Belichik ate Greg Williams' lunch dominating this so called great defense of ours. The lowly Jets rolled up 334 yards of total offense and quite frankly we only won that game because we finally got some production from CP and it was about time since he hadn't had a 100 yard game in his last 12 outings...give me a break. About time you start earning that money CP!!

Heh?

Been watching any Skins football lately?

It's a team sport and C.P. needs a talented, healthy O-line..l

Talk about losing credibility in your opening para

And to counter your point as soon as ST went down the Eagles opened up their pass game. With ST in they only had 7 points. Without him they had 23, WOW a single player could make that much of a diff. You are so right injury should not be an excuse. I wonder if the Pats win a single game if you took their playmaker out - Brady.

Explain the Giants and Green Bay, then?

What does Taylor have to do with not being able to get a TD when you have something like eight opportunities within the ten yard-line in one possession?

The goal of ANY business is to make money, so for that he's doing just fine.

This is where the waters get cloudy, though, because most fans don't take that into account or care about it. But it has to be looked at when people say he's a failure. On the biggest stage he's a huge winner, and that stage is the money game. I'm sure Snyder doesn't lose sleep at night worrying about the bottom line. As a fan of the team he might be frustrated, but the stadium will be filled with plenty of beer drinkers/parking payors so regardless he's winning and so is the franchise.

Snyder's goal is to get everyone into the stadium so he can charge a premium for things like water and beer. It's the amusement park mentality, and he's working it to huge profits in Washington. The only thing that can change it is if fans stop going. Make it known that we want a GM and a commitment to winning football games not just selling beer and jersies.

Exactly S.

But until that happens--which I think we'd agree won't in the foreseeable future, unless after Gibbs leaves we stink it up for another decade...

People are too obsessed with the product to look at it objectively.

If we each look at the product we're getting, year in-year out, and take away the "die hard" mentality, then we're really getting shafted in a lot of ways--whether its by absurdly expensive concessions, parking costs or, to top it off, a fundamentally mediocre product.

Which is why it's such a good investment for Snyder--think about it from his perspective: you have a class of purchasers, that no matter what you feed them, they'll buy, buy, buy. Pretty much no other market is like that outside of natural resources.

Can you name any other consumer goods where you'd be willing to pay top dollar for inferior quality? I can't.

Ultimately, there's no incentive to change.

I appreciate the thought and perhaps it's a win at the battle-level, but by paying for your seats, haven't you lost the war?

We mask our deficiencies by running left and keeping extra people in to block. When crunch time comes (red zone and two minute drill) no one is going to fall for playaction. They are going to line up and and overload the bad side of our line. Where does campbell get hit always (hint from the right) where do we bog down running (hint running right). Until we get NFL starting caliber people on the right side of our line we will not punish anyone.

Yet we were somehow still in and still winning three of our four losses when we started playing idiotic Offense which found a way to snag defeat from victory.

If they were that bad, we'd be housed from start to finish. Everyone has film. Only one team has done that to us and they've done that to everyone.

Ironic that you mention San Diego. Their turnaround was started by the same man that Snyder fired. Schottenheimer is successful anywhere. But here.

Actually, their turnaround should be credited more to the ownership and AJ Smith for making some key personel decisions after the 1998 season. After the Leaf debacle, they have made solid moves on draft day and in FA.

Yet we were somehow still in and still winning three of our four losses when we started playing idiotic Offense which found a way to snag defeat from victory.

If they were that bad, we'd be housed from start to finish. Everyone has film. Only one team has done that to us and they've done that to everyone.

I mean do you not see them getting housed?

Am I watching different games?

Exactly S.

But until that happens--which I think we'd agree won't in the foreseeable future, unless after Gibbs leaves we stink it up for another decade...

People are too obsessed with the product to look at it objectively.

If we each look at the product we're getting, year in-year out, and take away the "die hard" mentality, then we're really getting shafted in a lot of ways--whether its by absurdly expensive concessions, parking costs or, to top it off, a fundamentally mediocre product.

Which is why it's such a good investment for Snyder--think about it from his perspective: you have a class of purchasers, that no matter what you feed them, they'll buy, buy, buy. Pretty much no other market is like that outside of natural resources.

Can you name any other consumer goods where you'd be willing to pay top dollar for inferior quality? I can't.

Ultimately, there's no incentive to change.

I appreciate the thought and perhaps it's a win at the battle-level, but by paying for your seats, haven't you lost the war?

Basically, Snyder has succeeding in obtaining the golden goose of free market economics--a perfectly inelastic demand curve. No matter how crapy this team is year in and year out, there will still be people paying thousands of dollars for season tickets, paying 25 dollars for parking and drinking 8 dollar beers while eating 5 dollar pretzels.

Maybe it was Snyder's goal all along--maybe winning games is secondary to him.

damn good post ... totally agree with everything you said. This coaching staff is a JOKE!!! Half the players on the team are a JOKE!! and Snyder and his hooligans are a bunch of JOKES!!!!!!! I'll be root and hollering for the Skins up in Dallas, but its gonna be a blowout. 34-10 type game.

I cannot WAIT until we get a new coach, i really hope its next season. And i dont want Cower, we need blood, we need Russ Grimm!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: RUSS GRIMM:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived