Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Gibbs stays or resigns? (meregd with dude's dupilcate of his own poll :) )

RWJ

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As unhappy as I am with this team right now I voted STAY.

The reason is that I don't want any homers and koolaid drinkers to ever say that he never got a fair shot. The man signed for 5 years and I want him to coach for 5 years. After that, he needs to retire and go home.

If he resigns after 4 years I would be extemely suprised. The man is not a quitter after all and I'm sure that won't happen.

I certainly would not vote for him to re-up at the end of his contract.

:helmet:

I think we are 2 or 3 guys away from a dynasty type team...seriously...we need a DE to play opposite Carter ( he cant do it by himself), we need a DT to stop the damn run, and we need a serious threat at WR (someone over 6' tall please)...We could use some more depth at corner and OLine but besides that we are a really good team...i am excited about our future with Jason...it seems he gets better every game (if only the coaches would let him play more like he did in the first 3 quarters).

He'll stay.

All the Gibbs haters, just be patient. He'll be gone after next year. Then we can hire somebody else that you can ***** about. Then we will be seeing threads that they want Gibbs back.

Because we will once again be incompetent and Saunders and GW will leave. So, we will have a brand new coaching staff for no reason. Our problem is one guy, why lose three in the process?

Gibbs stays because he's not capable of admitting that he can't take this team any further in his second tenure than NORV TURNER could.

Second round playoff loss = high water mark? Yep - same as Turner.

Six or Seven win season next year in Gibbs II year five. Then we start all over again.

YIIIPPPPPEEEEE

Campbell will flourish here when Gibbs leaves.

I totally agree...

Jason looks great in the shotgun

i like the idea of running the football to seal the game, however the 3 tight end formations and old Gibbs plays are just not working....

Before every play, by looking at the formation...i say "this is a Gibbs play", or "this is a Suanders play"

We spread out and we seem to be unstopable...if we bunch up we stop ourselves...

I like the Philosophy of Gibbs to run the football....even at the end of the game...but we need the zone blocking plays that Ladell flourished in instead of the 3 tight ends and a lead blocker

That mother****er goes the second the regular season ends and we miss the playoffs because of the 3 games that he cost us.

Wouldn't go as far as what you called JG's, but the statement made about the 3 games makes alot of sense.

Resign. Please.

Gibbs should see the writing on the wall and just step down. Don't make Snyder have to fire him. This team is going nowhere and what's worse is that it actually has talent. They should be 7-2, maybe 8-1. The only reason that we aren't is the coaching staff. The choke jobs against the Giants, Packers and Eagles is on the coaches and guess what they're not gonna get any better most of them are 70 ******* years old! We need some fresh blood in here like now! How do we not score a TD after the McNabb fumble? How do we let the only play that the Eagles have go for 56 yards in crunch time? I mean McNabb to Westbrook is how we lost? Are you kidding me? How are there not two linebackers following Westbrook from whistle to whistle? Who else is out there to go to?

I'm tired of seeing this team play so tight. I think the Soviet Hockey team was more loose than this Redskins team under Gibbs II. Loosen the **** up! Your team is going nowhere it's a solid notch under the elite teams in the league and in our own division and yet they approach every game like the fate of a litter of kittens hung in the balance. Praying to beat the Cardinals at home is not endearing it's flat out pathetic. Up two against an Eagles team that has gone up and down the field all day, we should have gone for it instead of taking a 5 point lead. Save your gutsy two point attempt in the second quarter for a real decision when the game mattered most. Even if we miss they get in on the two, and if we make it we win. It's that easy. Go for the win, don't just drop trough, bend over and hope you don't get ******. That seems to be the MO for this team. Go ******* get the W you pathetic ************* ********!

Don't talk yourself into thinking that losing Gibbs would mean losing discipline and be a disgrace to the organization, etc. Gibbs has helped us out, no doubt, but compared to Spurrier who wouldn't have? It's obvious that we've gone as far as we can go with him. We are a gutsy, tough loser, and that's all he'll ever make us. Whatever Gibbs is bringing now can be equalled if not surpassed by a younger, more competent coach like Bill Cowher who would be a perfect fit here. I would even consider bringing back Marty to make amends for his disgraceful firing.

Ever since the Cardinals went to the West we have filled their spot as the division *****. Of the four teams we have the least ***** and are the easiest to beat at home. Gibbs has brought back the toughness to even allow us to compete but he has denied us the courage to claw and win these type of games which are the ones we need if we really want to return this organization to glory. If the roles were reversed and we were 3-5 going into a 5-3 Philly do you think for a minute that we have a shot? Do you think we will even get the final score next week in Dallas or in the Meadowlands to within two touchdowns? If the answer is no then it's time for a change.

Go Skins.

5-5 here we come!

Archived