Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Gibbs stays or resigns? (meregd with dude's dupilcate of his own poll :) )

RWJ

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's be honest..It hasn't worked. Gibbs did not come back to start from zero all over again. I mean the guy is 66 years old for ***** sake. He's already given this franchise everything. What more can he give? It's over. It was over after the Patriots game. His midas touch was good enough for a frisky playoff run two years ago but that's it. If he can't coach this team to it's rightful record of 7-2 then it's time to go simple as that. He didn't come back to suffer this much. He shouldn't have to, we shouldn't have to. It's time for some new blood and an end to all this "true Redskins" ********. That **** means nothing if it's used as an excuse for mediocrity and the old Joe Gibbs wouldn't have put up with that **** for a second. Bring somebody in who will put this team and organization in the 21st century. Someone not as pathetic as Turner or Spurrier and a little fiestier than Marty. Someone who has won in the last couple or years and not the last couple of decades. That's all we need. The passion is there, the fans are there, the history is there, the wins will follow. Bring in Cowher.

Let's be honest..It hasn't worked. Gibbs did not come back to start from zero all over again. I mean the guy is 66 years old for ***** sake. He's already given this franchise everything. What more can he give? It's over. It was over after the Patriots game. His midas touch was good enough for a frisky playoff run two years ago but that's it. If he can't coach this team to it's rightful record of 7-2 then it's time to go simple as that. He didn't come back to suffer this much. He shouldn't have to, we shouldn't have to. It's time for some new blood and an end to all this "true Redskins" ********. That **** means nothing if it's used as an excuse for mediocrity and the old Joe Gibbs wouldn't have put up with that **** for a second. Bring somebody in who will put this team and organization in the 21st century. Someone not as pathetic as Turner or Spurrier and a little fiestier than Marty. Someone who has won in the last couple or years and not the last couple of decades. That's all we need. The passion is there, the fans are there, the history is there, the wins will follow. Bring in Cowher.

I agree. If he walks away I won't kick him away. I'll still thank him for our past and thank him for trying, but as I said I think he's tired, but trying to honor out his contact. He feels like he's had to commit five years to this team. I bet if Snyder told him he could walk if he wants to he probably will. I'll still love Joe, but I think he's tired. He wants to go home and just concentrate on racing. He's pretty damn busy for someone on the doorstep of 70

Now would be an excellent time to have an Extreme Skins chat with Joe Gibbs.. even though we would get the same answers to evey question or remark that we can confront him with ...

My question would be , how much would it cost me , to get you to resign.. LOL he'd probably say well i have alot of respect for the eagles they payed a hard faught game, there were a few plays in there were it could have gone either way.. lol

Gibbs needs to stay for the rest of his contract. He's done a great job bringing in good veteran talent and drafting the future of our team. I have every confidence that he'll continue to do that for the rest of his tenure here.

This team needs the continuity. We can't keep having this revolving door of coaches in here. Gibbs needs to stay for the rest of his contract, then step down from the coaching duties and give them to Williams. Promote Olividotti to DC, keep Saunders as OC, cut out all the unneccessary coaches.

Gibbs has set this team up for the future. We are so close. He needs to finish what he started, then watch what he created flourish from the owner's box next to Snyder.

What planet are you from?

What team are you watching?

What are you smoking?

This team is no better than when he came here.

Its a very painful post but Joe Gibbs probably should leave the team and let others man the helm. However, Dan Snyder has alot to do with this teams failures. Its so depressing that we have to have posts like this in November when we should be figuring out who will be our first round foe in the playoffs. Its a far cry from Era I and the good old days Joe. Bill Parcells is right-We have an unsound team structure from the top to the bottom and will never get back to Redskins Football until we correct the foundational issues of :):):):):) this organization.

He'll stay for sure. It isn't in him to walk away from his contract. I do believe this game has passed him by; however, what he brings is a consistency to the revolving door we have had in the organization for some time. We have a good core of Redskins players that want to play here and play finally as a team all we need is a CURRENT coach to get us were we need and should be!

Hail

I'd like to see how the rest of the season plays out; however, it increasingly looks like a year 5 of Gibbs 2.0 will be our coach as a lame duck. People go on and on about continuity but at some point you have to seriously ask if its worth having Gibbs here merely so he can say he finished his contract. The team has for sure improved over last year, but in the big picture, Gibbs II has been a letdown.

I think the team is headed in the right direction but we are behind the 4 year plan we should had continued to build off of the playof season in 05. A bunch of huge contracts are hindering this team now and till we get smart and start shedding them we will always be a 6-9 win team most seasons

Archived