Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Gibbs stays or resigns? (meregd with dude's dupilcate of his own poll :) )

RWJ

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Honestly... Does it matter??????

What are we going to rebuild the team with? Free agency?? we all know how good we are at that.

We'll suck for the next decade at least.

Welcome to the second coming of the Lions.

No my friend, you need to build through the draft and we have yet to do that since JG has returned. At some point in time, Dan will realize this and things will go North instead of South.

No my friend, you need to build through the draft and we have yet to do that since JG has returned. At some point in time, Dan will realize this and things will go North instead of South.

We have given away our draft picks for the next 3 years. Not only that.. but we have given morons like Brandon Lloyd so much money we can't cut them.

Cutting BL would cost us 8 million on the salary cap next year.

Gibbs needs to stay for the rest of his contract. He's done a great job bringing in good veteran talent and drafting the future of our team. I have every confidence that he'll continue to do that for the rest of his tenure here.

This team needs the continuity. We can't keep having this revolving door of coaches in here. Gibbs needs to stay for the rest of his contract, then step down from the coaching duties and give them to Williams. Promote Olividotti to DC, keep Saunders as OC, cut out all the unneccessary coaches.

Gibbs has set this team up for the future. We are so close. He needs to finish what he started, then watch what he created flourish from the owner's box next to Snyder.

I think he will have had it by the end of this season.

In some ways I'll be sad to see him go, and in other ways I'll be excited to see who comes in to follow him.

I always felt as though Gibbs would turn it around until today; and he will always be fondly remembered for the glory years by myself and those old enough to remember him, but it seems as if we have, as an organization, just stalled out.

If we do go with new blood I hope they get the latatude Gibbs had under Danny.

Campbell, Taylor, Cooley, Rogers, Landry, McIntosh, Montgomery, Golston...sounds like good drafts to me

I've always been a huge Gibbs supporter, and I always thought the conservative play was because he knew something about his players that we didn't.. But after seeing how well Campbell did with a support cast of receivers, I can not think of a single reason for all this conservatism. 3 and goal from the 7 and you run it?

Really??! YOU ****ING RUN IT!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!?!

I've lost a lot of faith in Gibbs today.. With the clock management and the scared play calling.. I'm pretty much done with him bumbling around.

That 4th and short where we had to use a time out early, scenerio's should of been discussed on previous downs and should of been decided on 2nd down or while 3rd down was happening. There's no excuse to have had to blown a time out there. There's no excuse for it all year long.

I, like many here, remember the golden Gibbs era of the 80s and the first year into the 90s. This coach is, without question, not the same person. He appears clueless on the sidelines and it is widely known that he takes over the offensive playcalling (in every sense of that word) in certain situations, not just in the red zone.

Many of you know - especially those of you with whom I've exchanged private messages over the years - that I have a few relatives who work on officiating crews. Even crew members comment among themselves that Gibbs seems to have lost it. One of my uncles even went so far as to say that Gibbs is clearly living on, but on up to, his reputation. To quote him after an earlier game this season, "He hasn't a clue; not a clue. Something's happened to that man." Clock management; game management (when to go for it on 4th, when to go for 2, etc.) are utterly pitiful.

Al Saunders has absolutely no freedom to run this offense; bank on that. It's funny, because in earlier interviews this season, Gibbs was quick to point out that "Al calls the plays", but he failed to disclose that Al calls plays from a set of plays approved by Gibbs, Jack Burns, and Buges during the week. That's not real freedom. And of course we know what happens when Gibbs takes over the playcalling. Predictability and futility ensue.

The defense is not without fault for this loss, either. But you cannot expect the defense to win games for you every damn week. An Al Saunders offense with these weapons - Portis, Cooley, Randle El, Moss (when healthy), Lloyd (when grudges/"packages" keep him off the field) - would be lethal against any defense in this league. Gibbs interferes and makes this offense look almost pedestrian. This offense gives the defense NO help whatsoever.

A head coach also takes final responsibility for whose on the team and thus on the field (or in a position to be on the field) during games. Though he's on the defensive side of the ball and, some might say, the responsibility of Gregg Williams, a competent head coach would have vetoed the signing of Pearson Prioleau because every team in the NFL knows that he is unthinkably horrid in pass coverage. Horrible! He wouldn't make the squad of a single NFL team today; not a one. But here he is for us, and you saw what happened when Taylor went down. A head coach with a clue, real resolve, and an understanding of today's game would not let this pass.

Maybe VH-1 should do an "I Love the 80s, Joe Gibbs edition" because that's the only time you'll see/hear anything positive about his coaching acumen. He's worst than the worst of rookie coaches right now. I hate to say it, but he must go.

Campbell, Taylor, Cooley, Rogers, Landry, McIntosh, Montgomery, Golston...sounds like good drafts to me

We gave up 33 points to the Eagles.

Rogers might be done for his career. We have no pass rush.

Campbell is still a question to be answered.

Overall I'd give us a C at best for drafting compared to the rest of the league.

it wasnt Gibbs who gave up 20 points in the 4th

it was his poorly coached team that gave up 20 in the 4th...btw the last TD was given up so the O can have the ball with plenty of time

it was his poorly coached team that failed to score TD from inside the 5 with 7 downs

it was his poorly coached team that keeps getting penalties

it was his poorly coached team that always puts the pressure on the D, which isn't that good

Archived