Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Skins win out.....

TimmySmith

Better question: What if we won out looking like crap but still winning every game? How would you feel going into the playoffs?

I don't want the team to just get by. I would want them to appear like a contender going into the post season if that's where they're headed. I wouldn't like it because once faced against a powerhouse team in the playoffs, we might get blown to bits. Remember the Patriots game? We faced a sorry team like Arizona and barely got by, and then got our butts kicked when we went up against the elite.

Sorry, but there's nothing that would make me think we could win more than 10 and that's a stretch. Every win besides the Lions has been down to the wire. Not to mention in six of our eight games we spent at least 20 minutes playing dead, lousy, uninspiring football. Most of those in the second half, but the Jets in the first. If we could put together 60 minutes of good football we could be a dangerous team.

Not too far fetched. If the Giants beat the Cowboys and we take care of business vs Eagles, we have a chance to catch up to and tie the Cowboys record if we win in Texas, and then would have the tie breaker on them. Not very far fetched, but not even dreamed up by most of the analysts who seem to think we have no chance to catch the Cowboys, although like i stated we could pass them in two weeks because we would have the same record and own the head to head tie breaker currently. If with even more luck the Giants could lose next week then its a 3 way tie at the top. Obviously we need to play Redskins football and take care of our own games first, starting with Philly at home, but a 3way tie at the top of the divisions isnt too far fetched at the end of next weekend. Ill be focusing on the Eagles at home on Sunday first though.

If the Redskins win out, it means that they would have become far more potent on offense than they have been in their first 8 games. If the offense was in the top ten in the NFL along with our defensive ranking, we would definitely win out.

THey'll flip that switch that NBA teams and MLB teams flip when they go on massive rolls to the playoffs/championship.

Now if Coach Gibbs can find it.

Archived