Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 9 Insomniacs And Drunks and fellow tailgaters. (Others Allowed As Well)

SkinsFanRob

Good morning fellow Skins-Fans!

I had a dream last night...:D - probably not 100% Skins-related but probably a little reaction to last week´s game vs the Pats...

I´m in the RCA Dome watching the end of the Patriots-Colts matchup...

...Tied game...fourth quarter...two minute warrning...31-31...Colts have no time outs left...1st and ten...Peyton Manning drops back...throws to the check down Joseph Addai...Addai makes Teddy Bruschi miss...brought down at the Pats´46 yard line...1st and ten again, 1.46min left, clock running...Manning takes the snap...looks left...looks right...everybody covered...throws the ball out of bounds...2nd and ten, 1.36min left...Colts line up in an I-Formation...surprise...Manning hands the ball off to Addai...the swarming Patriots´Defense brings down Addai at the line...3rd and ten, 1.18min, clock running...Colts hurry to the line...Manning recoginzes the coverage and audibles...the snap...Manning drops back...rolls to his right - towards the Patriots´ sideline...Manning is in his wind up...and aims directly at Bill Belichick´s balls!!!!...the coach is down...he´s in agony....everybody in the stadium is chanting:"Peyton!!! Peyton!!!Peyton!!!"...the guy next to me turns around and tells me:"I think he´s just **** himself"...I take a look at Belichick who´s still lying on the ground with his eyes only showing white...and it´s true...the players around the coach seem to try to escape the stench...I still can´t believe what I just witnessed...But back to the game...4th and ten, 1.02min...Manning is surrounded by his offense in something resembling a huddle...everybody´s chuckling...some of the Colts´ players give Peyton a little pad on the back...Manning audibles at the line again...he takes the snap...drops back...Reggie Wayne is wide open...Manning lauchnes a 35-yard bomb...complete...pushed out of bounds at the 11-yard-line...clock stops at 46secs...1st and ten...Manning from the gun...snap...Wayne on the end around...has a blocker...fights to get out of bounds...but is brought down inbounds at the 5-yard-line...clock running...2nd and 4, 17secs left...Colts rush to the line...Peyton barks some commands...the ball is snapped...dropback...rollout...again towards the Patriots´sideline...and Manning aims AGAIN at the headcoach´s crown jewels...WOW...that was the hardest throw I´ve ever seen...obviously the coach is down again...I think this time he´s unconscious...the crowd´s chanting Peyton´s name again...Manning acknowledges the crowd and takes a little bow...3rd and 4...clock stopped...8 secs left...here´s the ballgame...Coach Dungy wants to send out his field-goal unit...but WAIT...Manning and his offensive linemen refuse to leave the field...they line up...apparently they want to run up the score on the Patriots in a tied game!!!...they have to get into the endzone...Manning takes the snap...Dallas Clark the tight end fakes the block...runs a route to the flat...is wide open in the endzone...the ball is in the air...Clark bobbles the ball...goes to the ground...is it a completion???...I look at the backjudge...no signal yet...TOUCHDOWN...The game is over...Colts win it...Colts win it...Colts win it...

Any similarities of my dream with "The Longest Yard, 2005" are pure coincidence! :D

Best regards from Germany,

Til

Present and accounted for! I'm actually taking in a little ESPNEWS and SportsCenter. In all honesty, I think ESPNEWS is about one of the greatest creations in television history (although the whole ESPN concept covers it). Do any of you ever remember watching CNNSI? The 1/2 hour loop of sports news is a no brainer.

I'm going with the Cooley gym-class style gray T today. Just don't feel like wearing a jersey for whatever reason. Probably because I'm just hanging by myself.

Going the lazy/cheap route for the food and drink today too. Some pizza from a local mom & pop joint, and some Miller Light.

Should be a pretty good day though anyway. Hopefully I'll get to call my brother a little later and do some good-natured trash talking. He's a Jets fan, living in NYC part time.

Course, if we lose, my cell phone might just be turned off. :paranoid:;)

How it goes, HH?

Speaking of Georgia.. does Dave got her locked in a basement or something? I haven't heard from her in a long time. I better send the police. :paranoid:

:laugh:

I know. I'm getting worried too. Karla's drastic dropoff in posting directly coincided with Dave moving in. He's probably got her chained to the furnace or something. To cover his tracks, he logs on as her every once in a while and wishes someone a happy birthday or something, but I think we know what's going on. ;)

How you been my brother? Life treating you OK?

I know. I'm getting worried too. Karla's drastic dropoff in posting directly coincided with Dave moving in. He's probably got her chained to the furnace or something. To cover his tracks, he logs on as her every once in a while and wishes someone a happy birthday or something, but I think we know what's going on. ;)

How you been my brother? Life treating you OK?

VERY well! I have been job hoping like crazy. Still doing much of the old jobs on the side (bowling pro shop and direct-selling) but, continuing to move forward and find a 'career'. Currently, I am working as a MT (manager in training) in an accounts department. Started low and was promoted to that position with just 3 weeks of working for the company. Get to hunt people down so they pay their damned bill. :laugh:

I am just trying to get jobs in fields that will help me in the long run when I jump into the business field. All I need is to learn accounts (doing so currently) and marketing (have a jist of what goes on but, want to experience some more work in marketing).

I just perfer to learn first hand on how to go about running a business instead of shelling over TONS of dollars to a college who teaches you stuff that you don't really need to know. :)

I'd take street smarts over book smarts anyday. :)

Hopefully, things are going well for you as well. You definitely deserve the Great Karmazmic Pendulum to swing squarely in your direction.

I'm embarassing myself with that online corn hole game. I figure I'll try it next time I make a home game since my dad and my brother are unstoppable. Maybe I have that gene somewhere but I doubt it. They went undefeated back in week 1, while I just served as their cheering section.

EDIT: Red wins 23-5 :laugh:

I'm embarassing myself with that online corn hole game. I figure I'll try it next time I make a home game since my dad and my brother are unstoppable. Maybe I have that gene somewhere but I doubt it. They went undefeated back in week 1, while I just served as their cheering section.

EDIT: Red wins 23-5 :laugh:

I'm not all that good at it myself, but it's still a lot of fun. My cousin's husband made a kick-ass looking NC State set, so I'm going to get him to help me make my Skins set. (I don't think he'll mind since he's a big Skins fan too.)

Archived