Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets vs. Redskins Official Prediction Thread

RalphZero

Judge me. I'd love to hear about if I'm allowed to cheer for the Cowboys or not. My dad was in the Marine Corps, so I've lived everywhere from California, North Carolina, and Virginia. My dad and his family are from Garland, Texas. My first shirt ever worn was one of those old cheap replica Cowboys jersey's, the type made from cotton that were sported back in the 70's/80's. I didn't start watching football really until 1989 when I was old enough to understand it(I was 6 at this time). I never had the pleasure of watching Tom Landry take the field, but the first season I ever watched of football the Cowboys went 1-15(And who was that 1 win against? ;)). In the 90's, I was living in Virginia as my dad had been transferred to Quantico. So I got to see all my friends growing up, from avid Redskins fans, like the 49'ers, then the Cowboys. Meanwhile, I stayed true and always liked the Cowboys.. probably because I had no choice. Football is huge in Texas, as it is in Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and Southern California.. when a whole family tells you what team to like from day one, you will always like that team. So call me a ****roach, whatever, but I support the team that my dad and entire family forced upon me as a kid.

I will say

Redskins: 24

Jets: 10

The Redskins will win this game 17-10.

Washington has some key factors in the team's favor heading into this game.

Gregg Williams is going to be facing an inexperienced quarterback that is likely to make some mistakes reading coverages and trying to force plays for a 1-7 team. That should result in interceptions.

In addition there is no big play producer for the Jets to lean on. Coles, more a possession receiver, is coming off a concussion and may not play. Thomas Jones is a between the tackles runner, but not a threat to beat the defense to the corner.

On the other side of the ball, the Jets lost Jonathan Vilma for the season.

The Redskins should be able to mount a running game against this defense and Campbell should get decent time to throw the ball as well.

Overall, this is a game where the Redskins simply a better team. It will take turnovers and sloppy play by the Redskins to keep the Jets in the game.

I am betting the Redskins WILL make one or two bone-headed plays and thus the close 17-10 final score.

Skins 24, Jets 12. (4 FGs)

I'm looking at 22-35 for 248 and 2 scores from JC.

Six catches for 99 yards and a score from Moss.

Six catches for 70 yards and a score from Cooley.

16 carries for 64 yards and a score from Portis.

And finally, 11 carries for 59 yards from Betts.

I'm not going to predict a score, I have no idea how this team will respond after last week. However, the Jets have a terrible defense and have only eight sacks this season, so I'm predicting that we'll actually have a wideout catch a touchdown pass this game.

Archived