Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sideline communication breakdown? (Merged)

C.Taylor

I still dont understand this. All this money, all this technology...and we cant get some f'ng walkie talkies to work????

Someone stop by KB toys next week and pick up some high tech fisher price equipment to deliver to the squad, just in case.

They also said on the broadcast, if we were having problems its our responsibility to report that to the officials immediately so they can disable the Pats communication equipment too until ours is up and running.

I still dont understand this. All this money, all this technology...and we cant get some f'ng walkie talkies to work????

Someone stop by KB toys next week and pick up some high tech fisher price equipment to deliver to the squad, just in case.

They also said on the broadcast, if we were having problems its our responsibility to report that to the officials immediately so they can disable the Pats communication equipment too until ours is up and running.

If the Pats are cheating with the communications you can't equalize things by shutting down their communications as well. First, the Pats knew in advance that Saunders stays up in the booth so cutting that communication is critical to the game. Second, if I was cheating and knew the penalty was shutting down my booth I would be prepared for that eventuality.

It is irrelevant whether the cheating would have had any impact on the Redskins outcome. The fact is that cheating can have an impact on other competitive teams that will play in Foxboro.

Belicheck cheated with the cameras stealing defensive signals. Does anyone really believe that there's no way the communications problems could have been planned? The League competition committee should investigate. If they can prove it then league should take away the Pats home field advantage in the playoffs and their second first round pick.

If the Pats are cheating with the communications you can't equalize things by shutting down their communications as well. First, the Pats knew in advance that Saunders stays up in the booth so cutting that communication is critical to the game. Second, if I was cheating and knew the penalty was shutting down my booth I would be prepared for that eventuality.

It is irrelevant whether the cheating would have had any impact on the Redskins outcome. The fact is that cheating can have an impact on other competitive teams that will play in Foxboro.

Belicheck cheated with the cameras stealing defensive signals. Does anyone really believe that there's no way the communications problems could have been planned? The League competition committee should investigate. If they can prove it then league should take away the Pats home field advantage in the playoffs and their second first round pick.

The patriots must have taped Saunders calling a screen pass and kept the recording on repeat...

LOL that was a good one. But the sad fact is we couldn't protect long enough for anything other than a screen pass. Our line got whooped.

Ref the Commo deal; it makes a HUGE difference. You really can't see at field level. You know they already had our hand signals. So if they could force us to go with that then advantage Patriots.

Does anyone know how it's set up? In the army we use Fiber Optics. Once you cut it then everyone will know. So it's pretty damned difficult to interrup that signal. If I'm Dan I hire some grunt commo guys to hike some cable up to the booth until the NFL get's their ***** together!

The patriots must have taped Saunders calling a screen pass and kept the recording on repeat...

LOL that was a good one. But the sad fact is we couldn't protect long enough for anything other than a screen pass. Our line got whooped.

Ref the Commo deal; it makes a HUGE difference. You really can't see at field level. You know they already had our hand signals. So if they could force us to go with that then advantage Patriots.

Does anyone know how it's set up? In the army we use Fiber Optics. Once you cut it then everyone will know. So it's pretty damned difficult to interrup that signal. If I'm Dan I hire some grunt commo guys to hike some cable up to the booth until the NFL get's their ***** together!

Who cares about the rules. If it did happen, then Sanders should have got his lazy ass down on the field and called plays there. This was not about cheating, this was about playing scared.... and I dont mean Gibbs was scared, the entire team was fearfull of the Pats.

Right from the beginning of the game, I knew we were in trouble when we were giving their receivers a 10 yard cushion. Their entire pass game is based on timing. Disrupt their routes and you disrupt their passing game.

I give props to our D, they hung in tough and made Brady make some mistakes. Not every team has done that to date. They forced a turnover.

If I had to pin this loss on anything, it would be lack of execution. These guys are pros, but maybe they need to get back to basics. Ball handling, tip drills, etc... It seems to me that ALL of our receivers cant make catches consistantly.

Are you really telling me a guy like Welker is a better receiver than anyone we have? Come on! the guy is a little **** who benefits from having good timing in his routes... which is not hard to do when people give 10 yards to run as freely as you would like.

I am a little bitter about this loss so I'll end my rant here.

In the end, no one should be fired, cut or traded. We should have played Redskins footbal, instead we ended up playing right into their game. Catchup one dimensional football. You have to admit that it is reall easy to be a great defense when you know what the other team is going to do on every play. Tis the Belliczeck way.

Who cares about the rules. If it did happen, then Sanders should have got his lazy ass down on the field and called plays there. This was not about cheating, this was about playing scared.... and I dont mean Gibbs was scared, the entire team was fearfull of the Pats.

Right from the beginning of the game, I knew we were in trouble when we were giving their receivers a 10 yard cushion. Their entire pass game is based on timing. Disrupt their routes and you disrupt their passing game.

I give props to our D, they hung in tough and made Brady make some mistakes. Not every team has done that to date. They forced a turnover.

If I had to pin this loss on anything, it would be lack of execution. These guys are pros, but maybe they need to get back to basics. Ball handling, tip drills, etc... It seems to me that ALL of our receivers cant make catches consistantly.

Are you really telling me a guy like Welker is a better receiver than anyone we have? Come on! the guy is a little **** who benefits from having good timing in his routes... which is not hard to do when people give 10 yards to run as freely as you would like.

I am a little bitter about this loss so I'll end my rant here.

In the end, no one should be fired, cut or traded. We should have played Redskins footbal, instead we ended up playing right into their game. Catchup one dimensional football. You have to admit that it is reall easy to be a great defense when you know what the other team is going to do on every play. Tis the Belliczeck way.

The whole breakdown in communication is getting old. Our coaches are so inept, that they probably haven't even figured out how to properly use their communication devices yet. Hopefully, next week Gibbs will get this straightened out. Then the following week he will learn how to properly use a time-out. Then the following week, he will learn how to manage a 2-minute drill. Then the following week, he will learn how to properly manage an entire game. Hopefully by the end of next season, he'll be ready to coach in the NFL.

BABYSTEPS!

The whole breakdown in communication is getting old. Our coaches are so inept, that they probably haven't even figured out how to properly use their communication devices yet. Hopefully, next week Gibbs will get this straightened out. Then the following week he will learn how to properly use a time-out. Then the following week, he will learn how to manage a 2-minute drill. Then the following week, he will learn how to properly manage an entire game. Hopefully by the end of next season, he'll be ready to coach in the NFL.

BABYSTEPS!

Archived