Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sideline communication breakdown? (Merged)

C.Taylor

Was talking to a buddy of mine, who's a Cowboy fan.. He said he heard on the radio just a few minutes ago that Joe Gibbs was unable to communicate with Saunders and company in the booth from the start of the game till a few minutes into the second quarter.. Anyone else hear about this? If it is true, I gotta ask.. WTF is going on with this crap.

If this has been posted already I apologize, didn't see anything on the search and I've been intentionally staying away from media outlets today =(

Was talking to a buddy of mine, who's a Cowboy fan.. He said he heard on the radio just a few minutes ago that Joe Gibbs was unable to communicate with Saunders and company in the booth from the start of the game till a few minutes into the second quarter.. Anyone else hear about this? If it is true, I gotta ask.. WTF is going on with this crap.

If this has been posted already I apologize, didn't see anything on the search and I've been intentionally staying away from media outlets today =(

Gibbs commented on it during his presser yesterday. If you hollar dirty pool, you get called a crybaby.

But I call a spade a spade. Something is up with the NE org.. By rule, their side is supposed to turn their stuff off as well. Don't know if that happened.

Well the same thing happened last week between Campbell and Gibbs, and we weren't in NE, so I'm not trying to say that's why we lost, I'm just wondering who's responsability is this equipment? Does the team own it, or is it provided by the NFL? Because two weeks in a row is unacceptable!.

Gibbs commented on it during his presser yesterday. If you hollar dirty pool, you get called a crybaby.

But I call a spade a spade. Something is up with the NE org.. By rule, their side is supposed to turn their stuff off as well. Don't know if that happened.

Well the same thing happened last week between Campbell and Gibbs, and we weren't in NE, so I'm not trying to say that's why we lost, I'm just wondering who's responsability is this equipment? Does the team own it, or is it provided by the NFL? Because two weeks in a row is unacceptable!.

They mentioned it during the game yesterday too. You'd think considering what's happened this year the Pats would be extra careful to make sure things like that didn't happen. It's not like we would have won the game with working headsets, but it certainly didn't help that we had communication problems.

They mentioned it during the game yesterday too. You'd think considering what's happened this year the Pats would be extra careful to make sure things like that didn't happen. It's not like we would have won the game with working headsets, but it certainly didn't help that we had communication problems.

Now if a visiting team uses the equipment provided to them by the home team, then yeah I'll admit, that's weird. But I'm not sure that teams aren't responsible for their own communication equipment and just take it with them from game to game. If the home team provides it, then the NFL needs to look into that, that's too coincidental.. If we maintain our own equipment, someone needs to get fired and quick.

Now if a visiting team uses the equipment provided to them by the home team, then yeah I'll admit, that's weird. But I'm not sure that teams aren't responsible for their own communication equipment and just take it with them from game to game. If the home team provides it, then the NFL needs to look into that, that's too coincidental.. If we maintain our own equipment, someone needs to get fired and quick.

Wouldn't matter NE keeps all their coaches on the sidelines. So even if they have to turn them off too, they still have an advantage in that they can still communicate. I remember in the "NE controversy" stuff that other teams were complaining about this "communications issue" in NE.

Not that they need to cheat which is why it makes no sense.

Wouldn't matter NE keeps all their coaches on the sidelines. So even if they have to turn them off too, they still have an advantage in that they can still communicate. I remember in the "NE controversy" stuff that other teams were complaining about this "communications issue" in NE.

Not that they need to cheat which is why it makes no sense.

Don't forget that the Pats are being watched closely and that communications are being monitored closely. From what I read (not sure if it is true or not) but each team is responsible for their own communications. Does this team have some incompetant technicians if it is happening often?

If you have the time, would you mind providing us with some links to your sources? I haven’t been following the story that closely, although I’m aware that a handful of other teams have had the same problem at Gillette Stadium.

I’m not trying to give you a hard time. I’d just like to know more about who’s responsible for the malfunctioning equipment.

Don't forget that the Pats are being watched closely and that communications are being monitored closely. From what I read (not sure if it is true or not) but each team is responsible for their own communications. Does this team have some incompetant technicians if it is happening often?

If you have the time, would you mind providing us with some links to your sources? I haven’t been following the story that closely, although I’m aware that a handful of other teams have had the same problem at Gillette Stadium.

I’m not trying to give you a hard time. I’d just like to know more about who’s responsible for the malfunctioning equipment.

Archived