Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sideline communication breakdown? (Merged)

C.Taylor

Now if a visiting team uses the equipment provided to them by the home team, then yeah I'll admit, that's weird. But I'm not sure that teams aren't responsible for their own communication equipment and just take it with them from game to game. If the home team provides it, then the NFL needs to look into that, that's too coincidental.. If we maintain our own equipment, someone needs to get fired and quick.

No, I'm pretty sure that the communications are provided by the home stadium.

Now if a visiting team uses the equipment provided to them by the home team, then yeah I'll admit, that's weird. But I'm not sure that teams aren't responsible for their own communication equipment and just take it with them from game to game. If the home team provides it, then the NFL needs to look into that, that's too coincidental.. If we maintain our own equipment, someone needs to get fired and quick.

No, I'm pretty sure that the communications are provided by the home stadium.

booth to sidline comunication issues, by rule the opposing team is suppose to shut down their communications from booth to sideline as well...some reason they didnt enforce the pats to surrender their communication :whoknows:

but from what i remember hearing is it was only throughout the first half...the pats whooped us even harder in the second half

booth to sidline comunication issues, by rule the opposing team is suppose to shut down their communications from booth to sideline as well...some reason they didnt enforce the pats to surrender their communication :whoknows:

but from what i remember hearing is it was only throughout the first half...the pats whooped us even harder in the second half

I do believe that the NFL is responsible for communication equipment. If I am wrong, please correct me.

the home team supplies the visiting team with their equipment

*edit* i'm about 95% sure i've read that somewhere after reading an article about gibbs writing the nfl about the communication troubles on the road

I do believe that the NFL is responsible for communication equipment. If I am wrong, please correct me.

*edit* i'm about 95% sure i've read that somewhere after reading an article about gibbs writing the nfl about the communication troubles on the road

Yeah I know, that crap doesnt suprise me. You would think that the NFL would do more of an effort to deal with crap like that after several teams have reported it, but hey, why brother the media babies, the "Golden Boy" Brady and the "Genius" at cheating

Per Peter King on last week's Inside the NFL, the league has told teams that if they have any suspicions of cheating - no matter how small, that they should bring it to their attention and it will be investigated. This was apparently at (the less than ten minutes) the league devoted to the topic of cheating at the league's most recent owner's meeting.

Whatever.

Yeah I know, that crap doesnt suprise me. You would think that the NFL would do more of an effort to deal with crap like that after several teams have reported it, but hey, why brother the media babies, the "Golden Boy" Brady and the "Genius" at cheating

Per Peter King on last week's Inside the NFL, the league has told teams that if they have any suspicions of cheating - no matter how small, that they should bring it to their attention and it will be investigated. This was apparently at (the less than ten minutes) the league devoted to the topic of cheating at the league's most recent owner's meeting.

Whatever.

If this truly is the reality of playing certain teams on the road, and the league doesn't find it to be an important investigatable offense, then I sure as heck hope that we're returning the favor to these "certain" teams. Sorry, but if it's become part of today's game, then I think that Gibbs should condone (indirectly of course) the use of these technologies against any visiting opponent that's doing it to us.

If this truly is the reality of playing certain teams on the road, and the league doesn't find it to be an important investigatable offense, then I sure as heck hope that we're returning the favor to these "certain" teams. Sorry, but if it's become part of today's game, then I think that Gibbs should condone (indirectly of course) the use of these technologies against any visiting opponent that's doing it to us.

I was thinking is this another reason for running up the score? I mean if you get beat 52-7 and cry cheat you look like an idiot but if you get beat 24-17 you may have a case. So the more points on the board the less likely the NFL is going to be looking into the issue?

I was thinking is this another reason for running up the score? I mean if you get beat 52-7 and cry cheat you look like an idiot but if you get beat 24-17 you may have a case. So the more points on the board the less likely the NFL is going to be looking into the issue?

It may be inconsequential, but I notice that the Pats playcallers are on the sidelines as opposed to being upstairs.

If I were a paranoid sort, I'd think maybe this was because they could function if the opposing team invoked the rule when their headsets malfunction that says the Pats must also drop their communications with the booth.

Given the hubris of Bellichek's cheating that has been proven, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it comes out that they tamper with the opposing communications knowing they're covered.

~Bang

It may be inconsequential, but I notice that the Pats playcallers are on the sidelines as opposed to being upstairs.

If I were a paranoid sort, I'd think maybe this was because they could function if the opposing team invoked the rule when their headsets malfunction that says the Pats must also drop their communications with the booth.

Given the hubris of Bellichek's cheating that has been proven, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it comes out that they tamper with the opposing communications knowing they're covered.

~Bang

Archived