Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Draft and trade

BlackMagic21

Something everyone has over looked thus far:

If all the rumors are true, and the Bengals are trying to part ways w/ Ocho Cinco, they aren't going to get too much for him.

As stated earlier, he is not that young, and he has a very "unique" personality (I like chad, that's why I used unique, if I didn't like him, I'd probably call him a headcase)

Remember this off season when when the Raiders parted ways w/ Randy Moss for a 4th round pick!!!!!!

If I'm the Skins, depending on what it would do to us salary cap wise....I'd trade B. Lloyd and a 4th rounder at the most (I don't even think we have our 4th rounder for next year anyway)

This trade would be great in Madden though. I've got Marcus Mason returning kicks for me this year in madden....next year he will be the #2 RB!

Rudi is far superior to CP. Get out of here with that garbage. Do you watch football?

I do and even when the bengals use the no huddle, Rudi is not superior to Portis.

There are going to be a number of tall productive wide receivers that may be available in free agency for example the back up in Arizona

Both lines should be addressed with our draft picks a Defensive end to compliment Carter (unless there is an opportunity to grab a stellar free agent DE) OG and Center.

Rudi is far superior to CP. Get out of here with that garbage. Do you watch football?

I do and even when the bengals use the no huddle, Rudi is not superior to Portis.

There are going to be a number of tall productive wide receivers that may be available in free agency for example the back up in Arizona

Both lines should be addressed with our draft picks a Defensive end to compliment Carter (unless there is an opportunity to grab a stellar free agent DE) OG and Center.

So Johnson has 13 more TDs over the same time period Portis has been a Redskin.

Johnson has almost 900 more yards over the same time period Portis has been a Redskin.

Way to pick and choose stats. Including the only year that Portis was injured was a nice touch.

Rudi Johnson has been in the NFL since 2001. Portis joined in 2002.

How about we compare career stats? Seems fair to Rudi, since he's been in the league an extra year.

Portis: 6859 yards 4.6 ypc 57 TDs

Johnson: 5430 yards 4.1 ypc 45 TDs

Enjoy.

Oh, and Portis has 3 seasons of 1500+ rushing yards. Rudi has none.

So Johnson has 13 more TDs over the same time period Portis has been a Redskin.

Johnson has almost 900 more yards over the same time period Portis has been a Redskin.

Way to pick and choose stats. Including the only year that Portis was injured was a nice touch.

Rudi Johnson has been in the NFL since 2001. Portis joined in 2002.

How about we compare career stats? Seems fair to Rudi, since he's been in the league an extra year.

Portis: 6859 yards 4.6 ypc 57 TDs

Johnson: 5430 yards 4.1 ypc 45 TDs

Enjoy.

Oh, and Portis has 3 seasons of 1500+ rushing yards. Rudi has none.

Please dont put this in the Chad Johnson thread just because I talk about him in this thread.

I really think trading for Chad would be an excellent move, because as in stands no Jason has no real #1 wideout to throw to. What we should do is trade Clinton Portis and a 3rd round pick to Cincinnati bengals for Chad. If we made this move this is what we could do in the Draft

Round 1. RB Steve Slaton, Play-making tailback with all the intangibles ... one of the nation’s most exciting and productive performers ... competitive and tough, he has the skills to do it all as a running back ... experience makes him better each time out ... extremely physical for his size with breakaway speed ... despite his resume, continues to display great desire to improve ... limited in spring drills after wrist surgery but used that time to really study the game.

Round 2. DE Tommy Blake or Lawrence Jackson DE both should be available around this spot.

Now I personally am a Portis fan but I think we could have a MUCH better team with Chad and Slaton. We could also draft a guy like Chris Long or Gosder Cherlus in round 1 and then a guy like Tashard Choice or Felix Jones in the second. Of course this all depends one how these guys do at the combine though.

We don't need a DE, why people still think that. We have Chris Wilson, which is showing to have great potential, Andre Carter who saved us in the Cardinals game and Demetric Evans. Why would we want to go after another DE at this point when our OLine and WR's are screaming make over.

We can even send Mark Brunell back to Jacksonville since they want a veteran QB, and get Matt Jones who is 6.6 and 230lbs WR still young and has played in the league as well as get a draft pic from them for Brunell. And pull one more big WR from the draft. But we need to address the Oline "NOW" for anything on OFFENSE to work. And we won't have to mortgage our whole team off for Matt Jones. Just a thought there though.

OUR DEFENSE IS #3 in the league, enough said there our offense is almost last, with grand dads on our OLINE. Keep Portis, couple of BIG WR and a OLINE makeover and watch out.

RED06:gaintsuck

Please dont put this in the Chad Johnson thread just because I talk about him in this thread.

I really think trading for Chad would be an excellent move, because as in stands no Jason has no real #1 wideout to throw to. What we should do is trade Clinton Portis and a 3rd round pick to Cincinnati bengals for Chad. If we made this move this is what we could do in the Draft

Round 1. RB Steve Slaton, Play-making tailback with all the intangibles ... one of the nation’s most exciting and productive performers ... competitive and tough, he has the skills to do it all as a running back ... experience makes him better each time out ... extremely physical for his size with breakaway speed ... despite his resume, continues to display great desire to improve ... limited in spring drills after wrist surgery but used that time to really study the game.

Round 2. DE Tommy Blake or Lawrence Jackson DE both should be available around this spot.

Now I personally am a Portis fan but I think we could have a MUCH better team with Chad and Slaton. We could also draft a guy like Chris Long or Gosder Cherlus in round 1 and then a guy like Tashard Choice or Felix Jones in the second. Of course this all depends one how these guys do at the combine though.

We don't need a DE, why people still think that. We have Chris Wilson, which is showing to have great potential, Andre Carter who saved us in the Cardinals game and Demetric Evans. Why would we want to go after another DE at this point when our OLine and WR's are screaming make over.

We can even send Mark Brunell back to Jacksonville since they want a veteran QB, and get Matt Jones who is 6.6 and 230lbs WR still young and has played in the league as well as get a draft pic from them for Brunell. And pull one more big WR from the draft. But we need to address the Oline "NOW" for anything on OFFENSE to work. And we won't have to mortgage our whole team off for Matt Jones. Just a thought there though.

OUR DEFENSE IS #3 in the league, enough said there our offense is almost last, with grand dads on our OLINE. Keep Portis, couple of BIG WR and a OLINE makeover and watch out.

RED06:gaintsuck

No. This is another in a long line of Snyder and Cerrato-esque personnel moves lots of clowns on ES and other boards come up with. This move is weak in a variety of ways. Let me explain:

1) CP's contract would probably cause more problems with our cap if we tried to move him as opposed to keeping him.

2) Chad Johnson is on the wrong side of 26 years old, hence too old for a very good (as of right now) 26 year old RB and a third round pick. Player for player perhaps, but adding a 3rd rounder is just flat out retarted.

3) Sitting there trying to scout the draft over 6 months prior is another dumb move. If we went by that, Brady Quinn would have gone number 1 in this past draft. The truth is, draft boards are wayyyyyy too fluid to be making personnel moves with proven NFL talent just so we may get the chance of landing a standout college player.

The truth is that we have needed a stud, big-bodied reciever way before Moss' struggles. Use your scouts and draft the next big thing. Thats what I recommend.

No. This is another in a long line of Snyder and Cerrato-esque personnel moves lots of clowns on ES and other boards come up with. This move is weak in a variety of ways. Let me explain:

1) CP's contract would probably cause more problems with our cap if we tried to move him as opposed to keeping him.

2) Chad Johnson is on the wrong side of 26 years old, hence too old for a very good (as of right now) 26 year old RB and a third round pick. Player for player perhaps, but adding a 3rd rounder is just flat out retarted.

3) Sitting there trying to scout the draft over 6 months prior is another dumb move. If we went by that, Brady Quinn would have gone number 1 in this past draft. The truth is, draft boards are wayyyyyy too fluid to be making personnel moves with proven NFL talent just so we may get the chance of landing a standout college player.

The truth is that we have needed a stud, big-bodied reciever way before Moss' struggles. Use your scouts and draft the next big thing. Thats what I recommend.

This trade would be great in Madden though.

A great point. Im sick of people talking this nonsense about portis losing a step "just look at these stats".

Say you could get the best back on the planet. Who would you get, LT? or has he lost a step too? LJ, hes not playing up to par either...

but lets just say we could get a back who ran for 1500 yards who knows the playbook an all that stuff. Does he block? Does he run down players who happen to pick off JC?

Put anyone behind half a line and see how they do. Put anyone in this rinky dink offense and see how they do. Its real easy to overload the run when receivers seem to put novocain on their hand before the game.

Patience and Poise will benefit us more than any damned trade. Now excuse me, Im going to go tend to my Madden Dynasty

This trade would be great in Madden though.

A great point. Im sick of people talking this nonsense about portis losing a step "just look at these stats".

Say you could get the best back on the planet. Who would you get, LT? or has he lost a step too? LJ, hes not playing up to par either...

but lets just say we could get a back who ran for 1500 yards who knows the playbook an all that stuff. Does he block? Does he run down players who happen to pick off JC?

Put anyone behind half a line and see how they do. Put anyone in this rinky dink offense and see how they do. Its real easy to overload the run when receivers seem to put novocain on their hand before the game.

Patience and Poise will benefit us more than any damned trade. Now excuse me, Im going to go tend to my Madden Dynasty

if we were gonna trade for a bengals wr, id want tj whosyourmama over chad johnson anyday. i dont think the chad johnson trade will be with us.

if we make any moves this year, it better be to get fitzgerald or peppers (pipe dream). apart from that round 1 - de rounds 2-4 OL

tgijef

if we were gonna trade for a bengals wr, id want tj whosyourmama over chad johnson anyday. i dont think the chad johnson trade will be with us.

if we make any moves this year, it better be to get fitzgerald or peppers (pipe dream). apart from that round 1 - de rounds 2-4 OL

tgijef

How is Rudi Johnson, who hasn't even played much this year, better than CP?

Also SnyderMustGo, the Redskins owner isn't going anywhere so we all might as well get comfortable with having a dick for an owner.

What makes him a dick? Because he is a savvy, self-made billionaire before the age of 35, marketing and business genius??? The guy has made some mistakes, but he has learned a lot and gotten much better as far as meddling is concerned.

I'm sick of people on this board who are too media absorbed to see that he is actually a great owner. People may complain about prices, but no one is forcing any one to buy any of the products or merchandise. If you have a problem with prices, don't spend the money. However, stop acting like Snyder is Jerry Jones. He isn't!!!

How is Rudi Johnson, who hasn't even played much this year, better than CP?

Also SnyderMustGo, the Redskins owner isn't going anywhere so we all might as well get comfortable with having a dick for an owner.

What makes him a dick? Because he is a savvy, self-made billionaire before the age of 35, marketing and business genius??? The guy has made some mistakes, but he has learned a lot and gotten much better as far as meddling is concerned.

I'm sick of people on this board who are too media absorbed to see that he is actually a great owner. People may complain about prices, but no one is forcing any one to buy any of the products or merchandise. If you have a problem with prices, don't spend the money. However, stop acting like Snyder is Jerry Jones. He isn't!!!

Archived