Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Draft and trade

BlackMagic21

Please dont put this in the Chad Johnson thread just because I talk about him in this thread.

I really think trading for Chad would be an excellent move, because as in stands no Jason has no real #1 wideout to throw to. What we should do is trade Clinton Portis and a 3rd round pick to Cincinnati bengals for Chad. If we made this move this is what we could do in the Draft

Round 1. RB Steve Slaton, Play-making tailback with all the intangibles ... one of the nation’s most exciting and productive performers ... competitive and tough, he has the skills to do it all as a running back ... experience makes him better each time out ... extremely physical for his size with breakaway speed ... despite his resume, continues to display great desire to improve ... limited in spring drills after wrist surgery but used that time to really study the game.

Round 2. DE Tommy Blake or Lawrence Jackson DE both should be available around this spot.

Now I personally am a Portis fan but I think we could have a MUCH better team with Chad and Slaton. We could also draft a guy like Chris Long or Gosder Cherlus in round 1 and then a guy like Tashard Choice or Felix Jones in the second. Of course this all depends one how these guys do at the combine though.

Please dont put this in the Chad Johnson thread just because I talk about him in this thread.

I really think trading for Chad would be an excellent move, because as in stands no Jason has no real #1 wideout to throw to. What we should do is trade Clinton Portis and a 3rd round pick to Cincinnati bengals for Chad. If we made this move this is what we could do in the Draft

Round 1. RB Steve Slaton, Play-making tailback with all the intangibles ... one of the nation’s most exciting and productive performers ... competitive and tough, he has the skills to do it all as a running back ... experience makes him better each time out ... extremely physical for his size with breakaway speed ... despite his resume, continues to display great desire to improve ... limited in spring drills after wrist surgery but used that time to really study the game.

Round 2. DE Tommy Blake or Lawrence Jackson DE both should be available around this spot.

Now I personally am a Portis fan but I think we could have a MUCH better team with Chad and Slaton. We could also draft a guy like Chris Long or Gosder Cherlus in round 1 and then a guy like Tashard Choice or Felix Jones in the second. Of course this all depends one how these guys do at the combine though.

Please do put this in the Chad Johnson Thread or the Portis must go thread. Personally, I think we keep CP, draft for the Lines or make a run at Julius Peppers and look for a tall receiver in the draft.

No need to make a knee jerk move like give away portis plus draft picks for Johnson. Additionally I don't think Cincinnati would even consider a trade like this

Please do put this in the Chad Johnson Thread or the Portis must go thread. Personally, I think we keep CP, draft for the Lines or make a run at Julius Peppers and look for a tall receiver in the draft.

No need to make a knee jerk move like give away portis plus draft picks for Johnson. Additionally I don't think Cincinnati would even consider a trade like this

yeah except rudi is injured this year. He was supposed to be mr. durable and that is why I drafted him. He has been out a couple of games this year. I wouldn't do it, only beacause you need two running backs. What would happen if betts went down. One thing we do have is depth at running back.

yeah except rudi is injured this year. He was supposed to be mr. durable and that is why I drafted him. He has been out a couple of games this year. I wouldn't do it, only beacause you need two running backs. What would happen if betts went down. One thing we do have is depth at running back.

I vote for us getting some youth on the O line! Except for last year (and with the new young studs we got in the draft we have seemed to fix this) our D has been kick ass. Its been the O that has just sucked for years and years. Get an O line that can give JC some time and let our backs run the ball and we will torch teams with Cooley and Sellers also adding value.

Our O line is like 100 years old and gets hurt every single year.

I vote for us getting some youth on the O line! Except for last year (and with the new young studs we got in the draft we have seemed to fix this) our D has been kick ass. Its been the O that has just sucked for years and years. Get an O line that can give JC some time and let our backs run the ball and we will torch teams with Cooley and Sellers also adding value.

Our O line is like 100 years old and gets hurt every single year.

Didn't Chad Johnson take a swing at Marvin Lewis in the locker room a year or two ago, a story that the Bengals attempted to cover up? That's exactly the kind of guy I want on this team:rolleyes: That's not even getting into the fact that he's a prima donna. Not really a Gibbs type of player.

I agree with everything above, hard to judge Portis when he's running behind the second string.

Didn't Chad Johnson take a swing at Marvin Lewis in the locker room a year or two ago, a story that the Bengals attempted to cover up? That's exactly the kind of guy I want on this team:rolleyes: That's not even getting into the fact that he's a prima donna. Not really a Gibbs type of player.

I agree with everything above, hard to judge Portis when he's running behind the second string.

Why on earth would the Bengals want Portis?

They have Rudi Johnson who is a far superior running back to Portis.

Additionally, they have a young guy in Kenny Watson who looked very good this weekend.

They have no need for Portis.

LOL, you say that as if you don't realize that Kenny is our throwaway. To the original poster: Where did you get the idea for making this thread? While playing Madden?

Archived