Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Draft and trade

BlackMagic21

Why on earth would the Bengals want Portis?

They have Rudi Johnson who is a far superior running back to Portis.

Additionally, they have a young guy in Kenny Watson who looked very good this weekend.

They have no need for Portis.

LOL, you say that as if you don't realize that Kenny is our throwaway. To the original poster: Where did you get the idea for making this thread? While playing Madden?

Additionally, they have a young guy in Kenny Watson who looked very good this weekend.

Rudi is far superior to CP. Get out of here with that garbage. Do you watch football?

Rudi is far superior to CP. Get out of here with that garbage. Do you watch football?

I agree that we probably need to add a young RB, but I don't think it's as pressing a need as the offensive line, DE, and WR. This year has shown that some of our offensive lineman are aging and starting to break down. I don't wanna end up like the Chiefs, having a great offensive line one year and then 2 guys retire and suddenly you're picking guys up off the street. I think we need to get a guard and tackle prospect in the draft, unless the coaches are completely sold on Heyer and think he can eventually start at RT. WR is screaming for an upgrade, Moss is breaking down mentally and physically and while Randle is decent, he should be a #2 and not your main guy.

I agree that we probably need to add a young RB, but I don't think it's as pressing a need as the offensive line, DE, and WR. This year has shown that some of our offensive lineman are aging and starting to break down. I don't wanna end up like the Chiefs, having a great offensive line one year and then 2 guys retire and suddenly you're picking guys up off the street. I think we need to get a guard and tackle prospect in the draft, unless the coaches are completely sold on Heyer and think he can eventually start at RT. WR is screaming for an upgrade, Moss is breaking down mentally and physically and while Randle is decent, he should be a #2 and not your main guy.

No Chad Johnson. He is a selfish me first guy who is more about performing a circus and generating attention for himself than playing for the team.

He's not going to learn this O quickly anyway.

We are not a Superbowl team this year. We should NOT mortgage the future again, Cincy would not take Portis anyway, and we need more picks, not less.

Moreover, we can't afford any more big contracts at WR. . .

I'd rather take a gamble on a 3rd round WR than trade that 3rd.

KEEP OUR DRAFT PICKS.

We should draft several WRs. Enough kneejerk, mortgage the future for now mentality. We draft 2-3 WRs, and develop them. . .Like we're doing with DL. . .

No Chad Johnson. He is a selfish me first guy who is more about performing a circus and generating attention for himself than playing for the team.

He's not going to learn this O quickly anyway.

We are not a Superbowl team this year. We should NOT mortgage the future again, Cincy would not take Portis anyway, and we need more picks, not less.

Moreover, we can't afford any more big contracts at WR. . .

I'd rather take a gamble on a 3rd round WR than trade that 3rd.

KEEP OUR DRAFT PICKS.

We should draft several WRs. Enough kneejerk, mortgage the future for now mentality. We draft 2-3 WRs, and develop them. . .Like we're doing with DL. . .

Round 1. RB Steve Slaton, Play-making tailback with all the intangibles ... one of the nation’s most exciting and productive performers ... competitive and tough, he has the skills to do it all as a running back ... experience makes him better each time out ... extremely physical for his size with breakaway speed ... despite his resume, continues to display great desire to improve ... limited in spring drills after wrist surgery but used that time to really study the game.

I have watched WVU a lot since Slaton has been there being that my father is in love with the Mountaineers as I am in love with the Skins. Problem with Slaton is that he always seems to fumble in big games and at crucial moments in a game. Also tends to kind of "lay-down" in big games and is intimidated far to easily for a player his caliber. Also cannot pass block the way CP does. Thanks but No Thanks. We need CP!

Round 1. RB Steve Slaton, Play-making tailback with all the intangibles ... one of the nation’s most exciting and productive performers ... competitive and tough, he has the skills to do it all as a running back ... experience makes him better each time out ... extremely physical for his size with breakaway speed ... despite his resume, continues to display great desire to improve ... limited in spring drills after wrist surgery but used that time to really study the game.

I have watched WVU a lot since Slaton has been there being that my father is in love with the Mountaineers as I am in love with the Skins. Problem with Slaton is that he always seems to fumble in big games and at crucial moments in a game. Also tends to kind of "lay-down" in big games and is intimidated far to easily for a player his caliber. Also cannot pass block the way CP does. Thanks but No Thanks. We need CP!

I hope this is a joke! And KW is not a yong guy we had him here durring one of the Spurrier years.:doh:you must be thinking of Kenny Irons.

I hope this is a joke! And KW is not a yong guy we had him here durring one of the Spurrier years.:doh:you must be thinking of Kenny Irons.

Can we worry about an O Line before we worry about a RB? We have (arguably) two very good backs here. If there arent any holes to run through or any pass protection to be had, it wouldnt matter if we had Chad Johnson, Peyton Manning, and Ladainian Tomlinson back there!

Wise up folks!

Also, we need some Dline help too, regardless of what everyone thinks.

Can we worry about an O Line before we worry about a RB? We have (arguably) two very good backs here. If there arent any holes to run through or any pass protection to be had, it wouldnt matter if we had Chad Johnson, Peyton Manning, and Ladainian Tomlinson back there!

Wise up folks!

Also, we need some Dline help too, regardless of what everyone thinks.

Some Oline depth wouldn't hurt, but neither would:

A Good DE

A Fast Corner to eventually replace Springs/Smoot

A Big Receiver

An OLB to replace Washington

I think the big thing this draft will be: BPA or Draft for the future? If you're good at scouting like we are, than you can't go wrong with either option.

Some Oline depth wouldn't hurt, but neither would:

A Good DE

A Fast Corner to eventually replace Springs/Smoot

A Big Receiver

An OLB to replace Washington

I think the big thing this draft will be: BPA or Draft for the future? If you're good at scouting like we are, than you can't go wrong with either option.

Chad Johnson is 30+, he's similar to Shawn Springs at this point. Meaning, if we trade for him we would probably get 1-2 very good seasons out of him and then he would fade into mediocrity as a #2 option toward the end of his career. All the while, we would be paying him bigtime money.

The day 1 pick we would give up to get him would be better used on another Rocky McIntosh or Chris Cooley.

Chad Johnson is 30+, he's similar to Shawn Springs at this point. Meaning, if we trade for him we would probably get 1-2 very good seasons out of him and then he would fade into mediocrity as a #2 option toward the end of his career. All the while, we would be paying him bigtime money.

The day 1 pick we would give up to get him would be better used on another Rocky McIntosh or Chris Cooley.

No offense to the original poster but you really should re-think this thread. I agree that Chad Johnson would be amazing here in Washington. He's a great WR. However he disappears when games are on the line. Whosyourmama would be better if not equal. Secondly, trading Portis is retarded. His contract is up, why would he agree to a trade when he could test free agency? Third, Slatoon?? Are you ****ing kidding me? He may end up to be a quality back in the NFL someday but I really doubt it. Come up with a better trade scenario and run this by again IMO

No offense to the original poster but you really should re-think this thread. I agree that Chad Johnson would be amazing here in Washington. He's a great WR. However he disappears when games are on the line. Whosyourmama would be better if not equal. Secondly, trading Portis is retarded. His contract is up, why would he agree to a trade when he could test free agency? Third, Slatoon?? Are you ****ing kidding me? He may end up to be a quality back in the NFL someday but I really doubt it. Come up with a better trade scenario and run this by again IMO

I sure as hell hope no one from the skins FO reads this. They will be ringing Chads phone as we speak. 1-2 years of production???!! Holy cow they'd pay 5 years 55 million plus 20 mil signing bonus for that ****! Probably more and give up draft picks to the Bengals.

I sure as hell hope no one from the skins FO reads this. They will be ringing Chads phone as we speak. 1-2 years of production???!! Holy cow they'd pay 5 years 55 million plus 20 mil signing bonus for that ****! Probably more and give up draft picks to the Bengals.

Archived