Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants

skinsfan1523

I don't know about y'all but I am not as impressed with this team as everyone else seems to be. In their last 4 weeks they have played maybe the 4 worst teams in the NFL, with maybe the exception of the iggles, but the Jets, Falcons, and 49ers are definentely not good.

And now next week against Miami, they play a team that is a shell of its already bad team. The Dolphins have lost Trent Green, traded their best receiver, and have now also lost Ronnie Brown. The Giants are playing the worst of the worst, and everyone is acting like they're the best all of a sudden. I don't understand it, people were talking of them not even winning a game this year, and now they're going to the superbowl.

People are saying it's because their defense is playing better, but they have not played a team that can take advantage of their weaknesses in about 4 weeks. They have a terrible secondary, all you have to do is block usi and strahan, and you can kill them all day.

I don't know about y'all but I am not as impressed with this team as everyone else seems to be. In their last 4 weeks they have played maybe the 4 worst teams in the NFL, with maybe the exception of the iggles, but the Jets, Falcons, and 49ers are definentely not good.

And now next week against Miami, they play a team that is a shell of its already bad team. The Dolphins have lost Trent Green, traded their best receiver, and have now also lost Ronnie Brown. The Giants are playing the worst of the worst, and everyone is acting like they're the best all of a sudden. I don't understand it, people were talking of them not even winning a game this year, and now they're going to the superbowl.

People are saying it's because their defense is playing better, but they have not played a team that can take advantage of their weaknesses in about 4 weeks. They have a terrible secondary, all you have to do is block usi and strahan, and you can kill them all day.

I hate the GIANTS but you have to give credit where credit is due and they manage to beat us. And as the previous poster noted they have looked rock solid since beating our Skins. Let's just hope the stiffer competition gets them in a funk. or beats their tails. :cheers:

']The fact is' date=' they are dominating these teams. If they were just winning, that would be one thing. But they are beating them handily. But I do understand your point. In less than three weeks a lot will be told in the Meadowlands against that "powerhouse" in Dallas.[/quote']

Doesn't matter-W's are W's. Both the Giants and Dallas are definitely playing with a swagger now. And despite some key injuries, the Skins are hanging in there nicely.

Doesn't matter-W's are W's. Both the Giants and Dallas are definitely playing with a swagger now. And despite some key injuries, the Skins are hanging in there nicely.

Does matter. Blowing out teams builds confidence and confidence can make any good team a great team. Not say the Giants will be great but I'd rather take a confident team than a team that doubts itself.

The thing about the NFL is, the season is so short that winning is winning, no matter how you slice it. In MLB a team can get hot and fool a lot of people, and then reality strikes and they fall....however in the NFL, with only 16 games, if a team hits it's peak at the right time, gets hot, and pulls off a few wins in a row, it can mean a playoff berth.

Look back over the last ten years and look at how many average teams are playing on WildCard weekend.

The Giants scare me more than the Cowboys. If Eli doesn't have his annual late-season meltdown, they'll be the favorites in the NFC in my opinion. If the Redskins can prove that they have a legit offense and get healthy on the O-line, well..maybe I'll put them at number 1. The season still has a ways to go though, but right now, things are looking great for the Giants.

So while the Giants got to beat up on the 49er's the Skins were playing the Card's. I hardly see the Giants holding an advantage. The Skins got the Dolphins at home to kick their season off and now it's the Giants who get off easy because they have to fly to London to play them in week 8?

We all play the same schedule with the exception of 2 teams. The Giants played the 49er's from the West while the Skins got to play the Card's, which by the way, lost to the 49er's this year. Dallas got to play the Rams who may finish the season 0-16 and they also lost to the 49er's. It's the same thing with the South. We got Atlanta but Dallas gets the Panther's led by Vinny or Carr and the Skins got the Buc's who just lost to the Lions.

In the end the games the teams play within the division will have much more to do with the final standings then the 2 teams we play from the West and South.

So while the Giants got to beat up on the 49er's the Skins were playing the Card's. I hardly see the Giants holding an advantage. The Skins got the Dolphins at home to kick their season off and now it's the Giants who get off easy because they have to fly to London to play them in week 8?

We all play the same schedule with the exception of 2 teams. The Giants played the 49er's from the West while the Skins got to play the Card's, which by the way, lost to the 49er's this year. Dallas got to play the Rams who may finish the season 0-16 and they also lost to the 49er's. It's the same thing with the South. We got Atlanta but Dallas gets the Panther's led by Vinny or Carr and the Skins got the Buc's who just lost to the Lions.

In the end the games the teams play within the division will have much more to do with the final standings then the 2 teams we play from the West and South.

Not to mention too while it took a miracle for us to beat Buffalo, this same team also happened to beat a pretty good Ravens team. And the same Bills team who barely lost to Denver, this same Broncos team pretty much smacked around an AFC "powerhouse" Steelers team, and this same Pitt team smacked the Bills.

I agree-none of this makes sense at all-our head to head meetings is what will count the most.

I'd say the Redskins & Giants are a lot more physical then the Cowboys. The Cowboys are definately a finesse team and don't take kindly to being punched in the face by the opposing team.

Have you seen the Dallas offensive line? And I really don't consider Marion Barber a finesse guy, he runs hard. T.O. plays physical, Witten is a good TE who doesn't mind getting hit, same with a lot of guys on their offense. Their defense, with Ware and Spencer, likes to hit people too I assume.

Finesse team? I don't see it.

']The fact is' date=' they are dominating these teams. If they were just winning, that would be one thing. But they are beating them handily. But I do understand your point. In less than three weeks a lot will be told in the Meadowlands against that "powerhouse" in Dallas.[/quote']

Whoa whoa... slow your roll.

I'm not gonna bash the Giants, because they have already won more games than I thought they would this year, but "dominating" is a strong word. They dominated the Trent Dilfer led 49ers, but they almost lost to the Jets. They played well against the Falcons too, but dominated? C'mon.

I'm not gonna bash the Giants, because they have already won more games than I thought they would this year, but "dominating" is a strong word. They dominated the Trent Dilfer led 49ers, but they almost lost to the Jets. They played well against the Falcons too, but dominated? C'mon.

I gotta tell ya, the Jets are better than their record indicates. They've kept almost all of their games close, except against New England. They'll be a better team with Clemens, IMO.

The Falcons, they've kept most of their games close as well.

Dominating probably too strong a word, but most of those teams we handled easily.

Not to mention too while it took a miracle for us to beat Buffalo, this same team also happened to beat a pretty good Ravens team. And the same Bills team who barely lost to Denver, this same Broncos team pretty much smacked around an AFC "powerhouse" Steelers team, and this same Pitt team smacked the Bills.

I agree-none of this makes sense at all-our head to head meetings is what will count the most.

And a Pitt team that lost to Arizona. It has come full circle. :applause:

And a Pitt team that lost to Arizona. It has come full circle. :applause:

We are playing some bad teams right now, and the Miami game should be easy, notice I said SHOULD because we tend to lose gimme games in the past.

But still, we beat you guys at your own house. Our D is definatly a heck of a lot better than what it was 5 weeks ago, and we are getting healthier, which is key. If we start losing players to injury, kiss it out the window.

I do see us beating Dallas as they also have played a softer schedule, in fact, so have the Pats. In fact, so is everyone in the NFC east. It will come down to the division record in the NFC east since we all beat up on each other. Right now we are 2-1 and on a roll.

Like I said though, the true test for us will be 11/11 vs Dallas.

Go Giants

We are playing some bad teams right now, and the Miami game should be easy, notice I said SHOULD because we tend to lose gimme games in the past.

But still, we beat you guys at your own house. Our D is definatly a heck of a lot better than what it was 5 weeks ago, and we are getting healthier, which is key. If we start losing players to injury, kiss it out the window.

I do see us beating Dallas as they also have played a softer schedule, in fact, so have the Pats. In fact, so is everyone in the NFC east. It will come down to the division record in the NFC east since we all beat up on each other. Right now we are 2-1 and on a roll.

Like I said though, the true test for us will be 11/11 vs Dallas.

Go Giants

They almost lost to the Jets?

The Jets scored 17 of their 24 points on a kickoff return, fumble return, and a FG off an interception where they didn't get a yard after the pick.

Much like the Redskins-Giants game, the only reason they were in the game was the Giants' mistakes and ineptitude.

Even in the 2 games they lost, the Giants were fairly good position to win. The Cowgirls were up 3 points with 4 minutes left and had a 3rd and 7. Unfortunately, they got a 52 yard TD pass on that play. The Giants had the lead at the half over the Packers and were trailing 21-13 in the 4th quarter when a rookie fumbled and lost the kickoff. The final score wasn't really indicative of how the game went.

If they lose either of these next 2 games, then they deserve to be called overrated.

The Jets scored 17 of their 24 points on a kickoff return, fumble return, and a FG off an interception where they didn't get a yard after the pick.

Much like the Redskins-Giants game, the only reason they were in the game was the Giants' mistakes and ineptitude.

Even in the 2 games they lost, the Giants were fairly good position to win. The Cowgirls were up 3 points with 4 minutes left and had a 3rd and 7. Unfortunately, they got a 52 yard TD pass on that play. The Giants had the lead at the half over the Packers and were trailing 21-13 in the 4th quarter when a rookie fumbled and lost the kickoff. The final score wasn't really indicative of how the game went.

If they lose either of these next 2 games, then they deserve to be called overrated.

Looking at the play-by-play, it looks like the Jets had the ball in Giants territory on 5 of 6 drives in the first half. They managed to miss a shortish FG and throw a pick, or the game might have been a bit different at the half.

In the second half, the Jets went three-and-out on their first offensive possesion, but then drove to the Giants 23 before turning the ball over on another bad interception. To the Giants' credit, they capitalized on mistakes late in the game, but up until the second Pennington interception, the Jets had moved the ball reasonably well, to the tune of 246 yards on 7 "real" drives through three quarters.

Archived