Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants

skinsfan1523

sorry they didn't beat us....WE beat ourselves.

lol for some reason at the Detroit game I made my feelings about the Giants well known...

EFF THE GIANTS!!!!!!

The greatest line ever. Yeah, well we almost beat ourselves in the first half to give you that cushion, so there.

:doh:

sorry they didn't beat us....WE beat ourselves.

lol for some reason at the Detroit game I made my feelings about the Giants well known...

EFF THE GIANTS!!!!!!

The greatest line ever. Yeah, well we almost beat ourselves in the first half to give you that cushion, so there.

:doh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071026&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Q: Should the '72 Dolphins skip the champagne this year and go straight to shots of whiskey?

--Tom B., Honolulu

SG: It's probably for the best. Although nobody is mentioning a crucial monkey wrench in New England's quest to go 19-0: In Week 17, they're playing in New York against the Giants. Let's say they're 15-0 at that point and have home field locked up. And let's say the Giants need that game to either clinch their division or a bye in the first round. Could the Pats possibly justify playing Tom Brady against a top-five team with one of the best pass rushes in the league?

In my opinion, they have to play him because the goal for this particular Patriots season transcends the Super Bowl: They have a chance to be remembered as one of the greatest teams ever (if not THE greatest team ever) and live on like those '72 Dolphins have lived on for the past 35 years ... and that's before getting into the "shoving it in everyone's face who tried to discredit the first three Super Bowls" and "being vilified for stealing signals when everyone in this league cheats to varying degrees" components. If they're going to embrace the role of the Cobra Kai Yankees, then they have to try for a 19-0 season, right? No mercy. No mercy.

This is true and VERY interesting....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071026&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Q: Should the '72 Dolphins skip the champagne this year and go straight to shots of whiskey?

--Tom B., Honolulu

SG: It's probably for the best. Although nobody is mentioning a crucial monkey wrench in New England's quest to go 19-0: In Week 17, they're playing in New York against the Giants. Let's say they're 15-0 at that point and have home field locked up. And let's say the Giants need that game to either clinch their division or a bye in the first round. Could the Pats possibly justify playing Tom Brady against a top-five team with one of the best pass rushes in the league?

In my opinion, they have to play him because the goal for this particular Patriots season transcends the Super Bowl: They have a chance to be remembered as one of the greatest teams ever (if not THE greatest team ever) and live on like those '72 Dolphins have lived on for the past 35 years ... and that's before getting into the "shoving it in everyone's face who tried to discredit the first three Super Bowls" and "being vilified for stealing signals when everyone in this league cheats to varying degrees" components. If they're going to embrace the role of the Cobra Kai Yankees, then they have to try for a 19-0 season, right? No mercy. No mercy.

So does every team choke except for the one that wins the superbowl? Yeah our team got spanked. But getting beat and Choking are 2 different things. CArolina was way better than us that year.

No way were they THAT much better. Manning went from moderately decent to being the worst QB in the NFL in the span of one game.

So does every team choke except for the one that wins the superbowl? Yeah our team got spanked. But getting beat and Choking are 2 different things. CArolina was way better than us that year.

No way were they THAT much better. Manning went from moderately decent to being the worst QB in the NFL in the span of one game.

--Tom B., Honolulu

Honestly-Belichick may have a chip on his shoulder, but he's NOT stupid. 15-0 or no, I would think he would sit his starters in that game so not to risk injury. And plus he got his big break there as DC many years ago, so I would think he has alot of respect for the Giants to begin with.

--Tom B., Honolulu

Honestly-Belichick may have a chip on his shoulder, but he's NOT stupid. 15-0 or no, I would think he would sit his starters in that game so not to risk injury. And plus he got his big break there as DC many years ago, so I would think he has alot of respect for the Giants to begin with.

Not to mention too while it took a miracle for us to beat Buffalo, this same team also happened to beat a pretty good Ravens team. And the same Bills team who barely lost to Denver, this same Broncos team pretty much smacked around an AFC "powerhouse" Steelers team, and this same Pitt team smacked the Bills.

I agree-none of this makes sense at all-our head to head meetings is what will count the most.

And that same denver team got blown out by norval's new team

Not to mention too while it took a miracle for us to beat Buffalo, this same team also happened to beat a pretty good Ravens team. And the same Bills team who barely lost to Denver, this same Broncos team pretty much smacked around an AFC "powerhouse" Steelers team, and this same Pitt team smacked the Bills.

I agree-none of this makes sense at all-our head to head meetings is what will count the most.

And that same denver team got blown out by norval's new team

--Tom B., Honolulu

If they are 15-0, you better believe they will leave their starters in there until they get up 40. The Pats would love to shove that 16-0 19-0, we are the best superbowl blah blah in everyones face, just like the Red Sox do.

14-1, they rest their big names.

Im preying the Colts beat em next week for the Gians sake.

--Tom B., Honolulu

If they are 15-0, you better believe they will leave their starters in there until they get up 40. The Pats would love to shove that 16-0 19-0, we are the best superbowl blah blah in everyones face, just like the Red Sox do.

14-1, they rest their big names.

Im preying the Colts beat em next week for the Gians sake.

Archived