Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I miss NFL Primetime

BayouBrave86

I'm with you on this. The NBC show is HORRIBLE.

First, Keith Olberman is perhaps the biggest prick on television.

Second, Peter King's name-dropping gets old after about 12 seconds. "I just got off the phone with xxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyy, and he told me this was how he expected to play."

Enough with all the stupid chit-chat. JUST SHOW THE DAMN GAMES. I don't have Sunday Ticket, so I have to rely on highlights.

ESPN Primetime used to totally break down each game and give you all the key plays. With Costas & Co. you'll see a couple touchdowns and that's it.

To make matters worse, the Comcast postgame show is almost totally unwatchable. Grrrrrr.

I'm with you on this. The NBC show is HORRIBLE.

First, Keith Olberman is perhaps the biggest prick on television.

Second, Peter King's name-dropping gets old after about 12 seconds. "I just got off the phone with xxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyy, and he told me this was how he expected to play."

Enough with all the stupid chit-chat. JUST SHOW THE DAMN GAMES. I don't have Sunday Ticket, so I have to rely on highlights.

ESPN Primetime used to totally break down each game and give you all the key plays. With Costas & Co. you'll see a couple touchdowns and that's it.

To make matters worse, the Comcast postgame show is almost totally unwatchable. Grrrrrr.

Best post I've read today, couldn't agree more on all points! :applause:

Yah, I miss NFL Primetime too. :( It was one of the best shows on TV for a lot of years. Even though Tom Jackson is a jerk.

The NBC show is downright horrible. From the stupid name on down. I mean Football Night in America? LAAAAAAME. Of course it's in America...as opposed to what Football Night in Afghanitan?

Then the crew is just way too big. They've gotta cut like 2-3 guys. I like Costas and actually don't mind King as he provides a different analysis. They should dump Olberman and at least two of the three between Collinsworth, Barber, and Bettis.

The old NFL Primetime was just sick. Now it's corny as hell. Isn't it like Stuart Scott with Ditka and Jaws now? Ugh...

The NBC show is downright horrible. From the stupid name on down. I mean Football Night in America? LAAAAAAME. Of course it's in America...as opposed to what Football Night in Afghanitan?

Then the crew is just way too big. They've gotta cut like 2-3 guys. I like Costas and actually don't mind King as he provides a different analysis. They should dump Olberman and at least two of the three between Collinsworth, Barber, and Bettis.

The old NFL Primetime was just sick. Now it's corny as hell. Isn't it like Stuart Scott with Ditka and Jaws now? Ugh...

LOL!

It's such a lame name and show--Peter King is such a sanctimonious prick and Bob "midgit" costas is just horrible! Does anyone else find him incredibly annoying?

I agree with the original poster -- NFL Primetime was the best highlight show. No screwing around, just highlights and commentary from all four quarters of pretty much every game.

In these new highlight shows, they'll spend most of the time talking about and showing clips of what they deem to be the 3 or 4 biggest games of the week. Then with the remaining games they show a tiny portion of clips. That's BS for fans of those remaining teams.

I remember watching Prime Time back in college late Sunday nights. It was a ritual...I feel old. :(

RJ, I used to watch it all the time from middle school - last year. R.I.P. NFL Primetime, you will be missed, and ESPN Sunday Night football with Mike Patrick, Joey T., and Paul McGuire. :(

NFL Primetime still comes on. It's now done by Trey Wingo, Hodge, and Salisbury and I'm not referring to NFL live. It comes on Mondays around 4. Set that DVR.

Its not the same, though.

I miss my ritual. Watching the 1 oclock game, then the 4, then primetime, then the 8.

I'll give ESPN credit, they make an effort with the blitz, but it's not NFL Primetime.

NFL Primetime could make a Miami/St Louis game seem entertaining.

If ESPN classic reran old primetimes (Which they should instead of poker, & cheap seats, & the other crap they put on) I'd watch them.....

I miss my ritual. Watching the 1 oclock game, then the 4, then primetime, then the 8.

I'll give ESPN credit, they make an effort with the blitz, but it's not NFL Primetime.

If ESPN classic reran old primetimes (Which they should instead of poker, & cheap seats, & the other crap they put on) I'd watch them.....

I know what you mean. I miss the old show as well. Sundays at 7pm was a staple. I remember being a little kid and having that NFL Primetime vs. 60 minutes conflict with my parents. That's takin' it back. :)

Man, watching these little clips of The Blitz with the awesome music going hand in hand with the highlights makes me miss NFL Primetime. I loved watching that show every Sunday night after a Skins win. The NBC highlight show sucks in my opinion. Primetime's music made the show.

yea I miss it too. Why'd they get rid of it? It kicked ass!

I always looked forward to that show after the Skins won.

Man, watching these little clips of The Blitz with the awesome music going hand in hand with the highlights makes me miss NFL Primetime. I loved watching that show every Sunday night after a Skins win. The NBC highlight show sucks in my opinion. Primetime's music made the show.

yea I miss it too. Why'd they get rid of it? It kicked ass!

I always looked forward to that show after the Skins won.

yep I remeber that like it was yesterday. Especially during our 05 playoff run!

I was so stoked to watch it every week. Those last 5 weeks of the 05 season were great on Primetime. The prasie it was tyte!

yep I remeber that like it was yesterday. Especially during our 05 playoff run!

I was so stoked to watch it every week. Those last 5 weeks of the 05 season were great on Primetime. The prasie it was tyte!

Archived