Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Torre TURNS DOWN Yankees offer!!!

Never21Forgotten36

Whats funny is this made ESPN look stuuuupid in the process. They had a 10 minute intro with Schapp about how it appears Torre is coming back and how this is the first big decision the Steinbrenner's sons have made for the team. Then they turn it over to the conference, and BAM!! Torre isn't coming back. Nice reporting ESPN.

Whats funny is this made ESPN look stuuuupid in the process. They had a 10 minute intro with Schapp about how it appears Torre is coming back and how this is the first big decision the Steinbrenner's sons have made for the team. Then they turn it over to the conference, and BAM!! Torre isn't coming back. Nice reporting ESPN.

I noticed that too on their website while everybody else was reporting something different. They do seem willing to mess up

Do the Yankees HAVE to try and grab the spotlight in the middle of the playoffs?

:laugh:

i don't like baseball but i'm a little annoyed that when i search for major league baseball this is the first item.

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: Homepage

Coverage includes audio and video clips, interviews, statistics, schedules and exclusive stories.

Regular Season - mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

Scoreboard - mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/index.jsp

NY Yankees - yankees.mlb.com/

Schedule: Schedule - mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp

just imagine that if you searched for the NFL and the cowboys were the only team listed.

This was clearly an offer that the Yankees made expecting Torre to turn it down.

2 million less in base salary, with bonuses each playoff series you win?

It's a subtle (maybe not so much) slap in his face. But, it gets rid of him without the Yanks having to fire him.....

Exactly the way I see it. Couple million dollar pay cut, and the bonuses tied to playoff series wins, after they said they would fire him if he lost this one.

Guest sith lord

The YES network reported the samething.

Yankees=Coachless

Yankees=Pitchless

Leo Mazzone=Greatest pitching coach ever

Leo Mazzone=Jobless at the moment

Yankees=Too stupid to see the obvious replacement staring them in the face

Me=Glad......**** the Yankees :D

Yeah, lets go with an uproven head coach who has no ties to the organization instead of LaRussa, Girardi, or Mattingly. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Though I did hear Guidry most likely won't be back, so we may need a pitching coach.

Yeah, lets go with an uproven head coach who has no ties to the organization instead of LaRussa, Girardi, or Mattingly. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Though I did hear Guidry most likely won't be back, so we may need a pitching coach.

Mattingly hasn't done **** either buddy. LaRussa is never leaving, and Girardi gets too much credit for nothing.

The Yankees lack one thing - pitching. A new manager will not help **** if he doesn't know pitching, because they will still suck. If they hire Mazzone, the last piece of the puzzle will be complete. Steinbrenner is too stupid to see this, and I see you are too. Names don't win championships. You'd think as a Yankers fan, you of all people would realize this by now.

Remember when Stottlemeyer was there coaching? Back when you guys could do something? Yeah. When they had pitching.

Mazzone produced more Cy Young winners and gold glovers than any coach ever by a landslide. His rotation in atlanta for over a decade was also among the greatest ever. The guy knows his ****, and the Yanks need pitching. That, and common sense, are all they are lacking.

Mattingly hasn't done **** either buddy. LaRussa is never leaving, and Girardi gets too much credit for nothing.

The Yankees lack one thing - pitching. A new manager will not help **** if he doesn't know pitching, because they will still suck. If they hire Mazzone, the last piece of the puzzle will be complete. Steinbrenner is too stupid to see this, and I see you are too. Names don't win championships. You'd think as a Yankers fan, you of all people would realize this by now.

Remember when Stottlemeyer was there coaching? Back when you guys could do something? Yeah. When they had pitching.

Mazzone produced more Cy Young winners and gold glovers than any coach ever by a landslide. His rotation in atlanta for over a decade was also among the greatest ever. The guy knows his ****, and the Yanks need pitching. That, and common sense, are all they are lacking.

Jeez you're dumb. We don't have old pitching - but we have A LOT of young pitching. We are going to start a killer rotation next year including 4 guys under 25. Wang, Chamberlain, Kennedy, and Hughes.

And Mattingly has ties to the organization.

Next time come stronger or don't come at all.

Archived