Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Letter to Dan Synder: Patriots secret

bertoskins

Patriots are fun to watch. They are well oil machine on offense and stingy /scrappy on defense. Whats their secret……spying or video tapping, maybe, but one thing that I notice is their system. Their success starts when they found a discipline and accurate QB in Brady. They might change players in their line, skill positions and backfield positions. But they cannot win without brady. They change their coordinators but the result is the same. Undefeated season is theirs to the taking……..(But we have a change to we spoil them)

Our beloved skins might imitate what the pats is doing. We have found our disciplined and strong armed (not yet accurate) QB in JC. What we need is to establish a system that works. and we need continuity in doing this. We already started this in our defensive side of the ball. (top 3 in the league)

This is what is lacking in our team. We might not get it this year but if we continue to strive to get that system, and with the players that we have, we might compete with the future. What ever decision coach Gibbs will decide after this season to continue running this team or not. I do hope that we will stick to our system.

And please don’t give away our valuable draft picks………and be intelligent enough to get FA (this year we do it intelligently in getting fletcher, smooty, and kendall)

Kudos…….hail to skins

As if Joe Gibbs doesn't know this, didn't do this during his first term, and hasn't been working toward that the last 4 years. One thing you left out is that Billicheat inherited an organization which Bill Parcells successfully built up, and Pete Carroll didn't decimate. Remember Joe Gibbs inherited an organization most influenced by the likes of Norv Turner and Steve Spurrier. That's a lot different.

But seriously, for those that think this is even remotely true, is it really Gibbs that is holding this team back?

Absolutely. I mean you look at the SB teams that New England has had, I mean do you really think they had more talent than our current team?? Yeah they have Brady, but we have much better recievers, running backs, TE's, and our QB is not too shabby either. Also, our D is just as good if not better than their D was. Our O-Line is banged up, but when healthy, is just as good as theirs. So honestly, what made them super bowl champions and us a constant dissapointment? Looks more and more like the coaching to me....

As if Joe Gibbs doesn't know this, didn't do this during his first term, and hasn't been working toward that the last 4 years. One thing you left out is that Billicheat inherited an organization which Bill Parcells successfully built up, and Pete Carroll didn't decimate. Remember Joe Gibbs inherited an organization most influenced by the likes of Norv Turner and Steve Spurrier. That's a lot different.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Who cares what coaches came before these two, both bring in their own assistant coaches, players, and gameplans. Billicheck brought in all their players and has been fantastic in the personnel department, Gibbs hasen't. Norv didn't trade for Archulleta or Lloyd. Spurrier didn't cause Gibbs to be a scared coach and not go for the jugular when he had the opportunity.

I'm sorry but Gibbs is not dropping the ball that is thrown right into his hands. He is not fumbling a key points in the game. And yes we do have one of the best O lines when healthy, but were not healthy.

Do you think we have lost any games due to bad coaching? Either too conservative play, not ballsy enough, etc.?

They have a coach with stones, we don't. That's why we won't ever be the Patriots. Also, there coach knows how to manage a game in today's NFL, our's doesn't.

That is one of the most on the money comments I have ever seen on this board.

"their coach" by the way. "ours doesn't"

Pah.... Billacheat is not the next comming... he chanced upon a franchise QB in the 6th round of the draft and I really think that is one of the key factors of his teams...consistancy is the other . I am not taking anything away from them in that they also play well dicaplined football but I thought they were particulary classless in that they run up the score in the dying seconds of the game ...as they did on sunday against the Cowboys.

I may be alone and a hell of a homer but if I was making up a team and had to take a coach from any team I would take Gibbs over any of them, even Gibbs II incarnation

They have a coach with stones, we don't. That's why we won't ever be the Patriots. Also, there coach knows how to manage a game in today's NFL, our's doesn't.

Excuse me, but we were the Patriots before the Patriots were the Patriots and we did it w/o technology if you catch my drift.

Take away Brady and their an 8-8 team, if that. Don't downplay the importance of an elite QB. Look at Indianapolis this year. They lost how many guys? Why no mention of Dungees genius? His failures in Tampa still too fresh? They're still 5-0 like the PAts.

Yeah it's Belicheks genius:laugh: And Gibbs lack of balls.:laugh: His old balls won 3 championships while Belichek was coaching High School.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Who cares what coaches came before these two, both bring in their own assistant coaches, players, and gameplans. Billicheck brought in all their players and has been fantastic in the personnel department, Gibbs hasen't. Norv didn't trade for Archulleta or Lloyd. Spurrier didn't cause Gibbs to be a scared coach and not go for the jugular when he had the opportunity.

Excuse me Douche, but it has a lot to do with it. Everything in the real world doesn't happen as quickly as it does in video games or in movies. A winning franchise is built over years, and a losing one can take years to bring back up. The Redskins have been pushovers for 10+ years before Gibbs came back.

I'll draw this out for you one more time:

Pats prior to Billicheat = perennial playoff contender

'Skins prior to Gibbs = perennial NFC East doormat

Is that a simple enough sound bite for you to understand?:silly:

[sarcasm/] Man, that Patriots coach is so good he had an awesome record before Brady showed up. [/end sarcasm]

How freakin' true.

90% of their success is based on one extremely lucky 6th round pick. Without him, they're average, at best.

I was watching ESPN after they destroyed the Cowboys, and had to laugh about how all "the leaders" on the Patriots have turned Moss from a bad boy into a good team player. EVERYONE's a team player when you've never lost a game or even played in a close one.

Joe Gibbs has no stones?

Looks much better.

Excuse me Douche, [/size][/font]

Aside from the fact that it's the semi annual "Let's be like the Patriots" thread, (which I'm betting goes on in many other fan forums for other teams as well), there's stuff like this. I would love to get through a thread without seeing things like this.

Absolutely. I mean you look at the SB teams that New England has had, I mean do you really think they had more talent than our current team?? Yeah they have Brady, but we have much better recievers, running backs, TE's, and our QB is not too shabby either. Also, our D is just as good if not better than their D was. Our O-Line is banged up, but when healthy, is just as good as theirs. So honestly, what made them super bowl champions and us a constant dissapointment? Looks more and more like the coaching to me....

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no? Who have we EVER had since Clark left? Honestly.

Archived