Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you handle a loss?

NawidMS

Giants loss ... pissed off like no tomorrow. Took me a week and half to get over it

Pack loss ... enh, just bummed. Starting to lose faith. If we dont start putting up points this season is going to be another long one ...

Oh and i never watch sportscenter or read the papers after a loss lol

That pretty much sums me up!

I'm upset, then I just watch the things that DO make me happy, remember what we have going for us and try to be optimistic.

Like this week. I've watched ST's INTs a bunch of times, and it makes me feel a little better. He always makes me feel like he wants it every bit as much as we do as fans, and that is calming for me somehow.

I look forward to the next week. We have the talent to beat everyone on our schedule, it all comes down to execution and sometimes which way the ball bounces. That's right, I said every team. I'm not saying we will beat everybody, I never do, but I do beleive we can. Yep, even the Pats.

So after losing two games this year thus far (games we shouldve won btw) how do you guys handle the losses, i.e. do you not talk to anyone, brush it off, or leave the room in utter disguist yelling at whatever comes your way..

Just curious.

I cuss at all my friends for about twenty minutes smash a few things. Tell everyone thats an opposing fan to go **** themselves and throw out some jabs ****ting on their teams. And then meditate for half an hour blank slate style and come back feeling refreshed.

Usually, if we lose, I shut the TV off for the rest of the night and don't watch anymore football (which s*cks because I have Sunday Ticket...but you gotta do what you gotta do) until mid-week when the pain of the loss has subsided and we are getting closer to our next game

I watch the rest of the games to get my mind off the loss. The worst part is the next day, where I avoid ESPN like the plague and generally do not want to deal with any media. Usually my friends will ask about it, and I've got a prepared rant on what we could have done better and why we should have won (since all our losses seem to be very close lately). Then Tuesday I'm neutral, and Wednesday is when I finally start looking forward to the weekend.

The Giants game I was more pissed off than ever, because I was losing faith in Gibbs. This past loss I wasn't so angry because of the fact that we were clearly the better team in all aspects of the game. We lost because of drops, and it's as simple as that. JC's superb play has me thinking of the upside of this team, and I'm pretty excited about that.

You have to watch the Redskins with one thing in mind. We are an average football team. We are very good in certain spots, but very thin in key spots. This makes for exciting football each week, but not dominant football. I think if we keep this very team together for atleast another year and add a whole draft class, we will start to turn the corner. We have young studs on defense and a top rate QB/TE combo combined with Moss and Randle both being relatively young. We need some talented young offensive lineman, a big body receiver, and maybe another solid defensive end or tackle. Im going to be at Fedex screaming my ass off every game this season and hoping for a superbowl but I've learned to be a realist with this team. Each year I say theres no way we will have the same injuries we did last season, only for it to actually get worse. A few injuries here or there should not be as devastating as it is to us. This is what makes us a average football team with potential.

You understand that we aren't going to win every game......you try to find the positives......and move on with your life.

And you get ready for the game next week.

Don't let a football team that you have no control over decide if you are going to be happy or sad for an entire week. That is absurd.

Be strong.....live life.....you only go around once.

:applause:

i know u try to find th positives as do i. but football is my life. well sports is. w/o football and basketball, theres nothing much to do. girls and work.. yes, but would u rather watch a skins game or hang out with ur girl. id rather watch a skins game.. honestly a redskins win makes me happier longer than bustin a nut in some girls face. (halftime) lol sorry for the xxx comment. i know i have no control over the team, but the team has a control over me. its been in my heart since 89.. thats love.. my friends say, man when the offseason hits, its the most boring time of the season, with football i wouldnt know what to do... so true, during that time. u sit, read, talk about high expections. and when we lose like this its downtime, those high expections fall we fall. thats why theres all these folks posting angry threads, fire gibbs, traded portis thread. all thats bs. i say trade ladell (while hes got a price tag on him)to tampa and sign marcus mason. :) but what do i do after a lost. dont pick up my phone. play basketball.. chat with ya my extremies on here, share thoughts.. try not to look at onepersons fault. we are in this as a team. we we'll win AZ. remember the times they were in the east. every yr, at the bottom of the east... lets take them back to the old school. spank their arsess

I have to listen the game on xxx.I can not wacht a game on tv,i enjoy listen to our boys on xxx.When they start to loose i start to clean the house,and the kids give me an update.After a few hours i get on this site and read. I have said it before and i will say it again thank god for this Extremeskins and for XXX life is good in the great state of OHIO

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

You understand that we aren't going to win every game......you try to find the positives......and move on with your life.

And you get ready for the game next week.

Don't let a football team that you have no control over decide if you are going to be happy or sad for an entire week. That is absurd.

Be strong.....live life.....you only go around once.

:applause:

Good advice :cheers:

It depends on the loss. This one didn't sting as bad as the Giants one for me, so I got over it quicker than our previous loss. However, what doessting more this time around is the fact that one of our key players played so bad that it cost us the game. Plus, I'm concerned about our O line.

I don't take it well at all. If I'm at the stadium, I just mutter the same thing to myself, over and over..."Goddammit" about a zillion times. I don't scream, because my throat is typically shot, and they're a few younger fans near me..

At home, it's a different story....I scream at the top of my lungs, I cuss like a sailor and I throw stuff. With the exception of throwing stuff, my wife does the same thing.....

Archived