Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you handle a loss?

NawidMS

Always depends on the game. If it was a downright embarrasing performance that could have been easily avoided like the Giants game, then im pretty upset.

If however it was more due to an off day for a key player, a rainy day on a bad field, im not so upset about it. We definately should have won both of those games, but at least the packers game was the result of bad weather and a bad field coming together. We were down 5 Olinemen in that game, and our #1 WR had the worst game of his career.

After 15 years of being disappointed, my mind has become numb. Back in the 80's I used to get all upset about wins and losses. I used to hate going to school the next day after a loss. I don't know if it's maturity or I just don't care about them anymore but after the Norv years losing doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's going to take a Super Bowl championship to fix it, probably.

My dad (53 yo) is the same way. I think he's just become disillusioned with the whole thing. The man went to 3 of the 4 SB's but ever since I've been old enough to really understand everything abotu the NFL and watch him, it seems like he's gone numb.

I hope Gibbs brings that Super Bowl win back to DC and he is cured. Do it for my pops sake, Joe.

So after losing two games this year thus far (games we shouldve won btw) how do you guys handle the losses, i.e. do you not talk to anyone, brush it off, or leave the room in utter disguist yelling at whatever comes your way..

Just curious.

I just think about it for a day and then look forward to the next game.

not in a good mood..Monday's are dreary. In a fog..kinda mope around ..it's Wednesday or so b4 I start coming around and get geared up for the next game.

I sometimes wonder if my perspective is off...or if I'm weird to get upset or be bothered to that degree from a loss being a fan. I dunno.

When the team loses like this, you always have to have some sort of emotion. If we had gotten blown out, I would be mad, but I would at least know that there wasn't a chance. Somehow, there seems to be something extra torturous about having a close loss, especially when you know that you should have won. That is what makes these last two losses especially hard for me. I know that we will be more than likely battling those two teams for a playoff spot and that doesn't make our life any easier.

I dont handle losses good at all..I am pissed, especially after the game..I kind of wish the losses didn't affect me like they do, because I cant control if we win or lose, and its just a game, but im so addicted to the Redskins, a loss really affects my mood and pisses me off..After a loss, I just sit on the couch and stare at the tv..Then 5-10 minutes later, I get up and start cussing or just talk like why did something happen, or whatever, like why did we turn the ball over so damn much against the packers..By later sunday, or monday im fine though, and I look forward to the next game..I still think about the loss and get mad, but I look forward to the next game..Like I said, I wish the losses didn't affect my mood so much, but it makes the wins that much better, and when we do win the SuperBowl, it will make that even sweeter.

I probably love the Redskins the most out of any of the myriad of sports teams I follow (Wizards , Caps , Hokies , and the other DC / Baltimore area teams) , but my "Redskins loss hangover" only lasts for a few days , after 2 or 3 days I move on and start thinking about the next opponent. I would probably be angrier and mull over a loss more if the Skins get blown out , I really don't like blowouts (unless the Redskins are the team blowing the opponent out , of course ;) )

You understand that we aren't going to win every game......you try to find the positives......and move on with your life.

And you get ready for the game next week.

Don't let a football team that you have no control over decide if you are going to be happy or sad for an entire week. That is absurd.

Be strong.....live life.....you only go around once.

:applause:

I am surprised that the week following a loss, I find myself agreeing with McD5

But really I used to get upset and let it carry over and affect everything. Now when it is over I find myself saying hey, wow we lost, NEXT. I actually went out and played football after the GB game, and just checked in on the Pats spanking of the Cowturds. My son on Monday said, wow I wished we had another day like yesterday-This is a great tribute to where I now rank Redskin losses in my life.

If you are tying to your true happiness to the fortunes of a team, you need some help. :notworthy

I punch random people in the face. It's very therapeutic.....

So after losing two games this year thus far (games we shouldve won btw) how do you guys handle the losses, i.e. do you not talk to anyone, brush it off, or leave the room in utter disguist yelling at whatever comes your way..

Just curious.

Archived