Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As if it couldn't get any worse

NewCliche21

4th best but dont let the philly win fool us? i dont get what i should take from this statement...

All I mean by that is that the Eagles blew some oppurtunities in that game. Also, they are not that great as well. If that was the eagles of 3 or 4 years ago, then that would be a HUGE win, but it's the 2007 inconsistent eagles.

The way the Cowboys are playing the Pats right now we'll be lucky to make a game of it whenever we play them. I am so sick and tired of us not taking advantage of gifts. We hardly make points on the turnovers we do get. With our O-line all banged up and uncertain we will be lucky to go 9-6 this year.

The way *I* look at it is that we have beaten ourselves in two games that we truly held our own destiny! EVERYONE knows that the G'aints didn't beat us. We lost that game through inept second-half play. We did the same today. We have met our enemy, and our enemy is us!

Yes, our team is a mess.

We have how many O linemen down? If that isn't a mess, then what is? Our payroll is what? We are behind the worthless Giants with the talent we are supposed to possess? So what does that say? Maybe we have some talent, but our horrible coaching staff is a mess? I mean, for the 2nd time in 3 games, we went into the half with a lead and scored ZERO points in the second. IF THAT"S NOT A MESS, then what is?

We aren't the worst team in the NFL. We are just a high priced, under coached, under achieving mess of a football team.

IMO you are stuck in 2006, then I'd agree with you. We have a winning record. We lost a couple of tight games agianst GOOD TEAMS. Who the heck is saying the Packers suck and that anybody should beat them at home?

Losing some tight games, but having a winning record and having a great defense -- didn't the defense play well today? Smacks more of the 05 playoff team than the 06 one. I really doubt the national media, who would pound us in a second if they can, are going to be saying now the Skins that team is mess, they suck.

It's frustrating to lose but IMO you are overreacting. We got a great defense, a young QB who is improving every week. The problem IMO is our playmakers: Portis and Moss haven't risen to the occasion, YET. And yeah the offense line's injuries are troubling but it is what it is, that's not on coaching. Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs didn't fumble, Santana Moss did.

Some of you so-called skins fans have to think why you are on this board the first place.

Anyways we still have a chance we have the cardinals who are still trying to prove something the jets who aren't living up to expectations and other average teams we are still in the race

You have 17 posts and you are the ES President...??

Who cares? Did you honestly think that a team that can't score 20 points in a game on a consistent basis would do something this year?

Were you passed out in a closet somewhere for the entirety of the 2000 season? Should have watched the Ravens, maybe you wouldn't have written that garbage.

We have the best defense in football (maybe 2nd or 3rd), so we have nothing to worry about. Without the turnovers, we would have won. Full stop.

Unfortunately, that still gets us a playoff game away from FedEx......if we do make the playoffs. I think we're not much behind Dallas, but also pretty much even with Philly and the Giants. It may be a case of 10-6 winning the division, but I don't know. I don't expect any of the NFC East teams to be below 7-9 this year.

I agree that they are not far from Dallas, but also have other teams right on their heels too.

As for being away from FedEx, while it would suck as a fan, I do think that they can win away from home.

Only we Skin fans can, after a loss no less, talk about home field and playoffs after 5 games and our team being a pedestrian 3-2. :cheers:

They jump aboard and they jump off. Hey I'm not surprised by this loss at all. I'm surprised they even had a chance in it. CP all of a sudden has fumbleitis and Santana's fumbling the flea flicker and he can't catch the ball otherwise. Nice day for Cooley but they definately need to do some soul searching (as they say ) Right Now. Didn't see the total stats for JC but he had no help from his receivers...none at all. I'll bring it up again WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SANTANA?!:(

man this season isn't over yet, if we address the O-Line the best way we know how, we are in the playoffs, trust me.

This has noting to do with the O Line. Clearly CP isn't healthy and neither is Moss. I would hope Tana isn't healthty because he was flat out BAD today. Both of them fumbled and that is very uncharicteristic of those two. It was a freak day. At least we didn't lose to a s----y team. Should have won though. And the Pack kept us in this game. Both teams played to lose this game. Just my:2cents:

Who cares? Did you honestly think that a team that can't score 20 points in a game on a consistent basis would do something this year? We are the 4th best team in the east. Don't let wins over a 0-6 Miami and 2-3 Eagles team fool you. We stink. Add in coaches who make no adjustments, sprinkle in high paid receivers who can't catch, and you have a recipe for another 6-10 season.

You're laying it on a bit thick. We are the 3rd best team in the east. We are better then the Beagles. I'll reserve judgement on the coaches but I'm really unhappy with the receivers at the moment. On the other hand, we have a promising young QB, Cooley, a good D, and a running game that seems about to get on track. Our O-line is of great concern with the injuries.

I'm not going to panic just yet. The Eagles barely beat the Jets and the Packers did not beat us....we beat ourself. I still have a little faith in this team...just a little. I won't go that far and say we stink, because I don't believe we do.

This is what I feel too, but it will be hard to win games with no O-line!We need help BADLY!

This team just needs to develop a short term memory. We need to build on all the good things we did today, and adjust to the things that we did wrong. In all honesty, we dominated that football game. It seemed like we were in their territory a lot more than they were in ours. If we can just cut out the screw-ups in critical situations, then we can be one of the best teams in the NFC. There ain't a team in the NFC that we can't beat. I don't think Santana will do what he did today again this season. If he is any type of competitor than he will rebound. Our defense and special teams are playing great and so is our quarterback. We're gonna be fine.

This team just needs to develop a short term memory. We need to build on all the good things we did today, and adjust to the things that we did wrong. In all honesty, we dominated that football game. It seemed like we were in their territory a lot more than they were in ours. If we can just cut out the screw-ups in critical situations, then we can be one of the best teams in the NFC. There ain't a team in the NFC that we can't beat. I don't think Santana will do what he did today again this season. If he is any type of competitor than he will rebound. Our defense and special teams are playing great and so is our quarterback. We're gonna be fine.

:applause: Very good post, and I agree about developing a short-term memory. Judging from the Lions rout, I think we're starting to get one, but that may have been due to extra time for preparation.

Either way, we win next week. I guarantee it.

Who cares? Did you honestly think that a team that can't score 20 points in a game on a consistent basis would do something this year? We are the 4th best team in the east. Don't let wins over a 0-6 Miami and 2-3 Eagles team fool you. We stink. Add in coaches who make no adjustments, sprinkle in high paid receivers who can't catch, and you have a recipe for another 6-10 season.

We have had some bad breaks, but we have faced some very good offensive teams so far, and our defense is #1 in the NFC. We are good enough to win this division, so get off the hateraid.:mad:

Archived