Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Redskins Chat Questions

CBass1724

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=17579

There weren't that many Redskins questions, but here they are for those who missed it. Link above has full chat.

Matt Williamson: Hey everyone-Matt Williamson here. Let's get started on the NFC East.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin (Green Bay): How do you think the STOUT Packer D will handle the conservative Skins O this week?

Matt Williamson: REALLY looking forward to that game and I don't expect a lot of points total. GB's D has a chink, in that they can have a hard time with 3+ WR sets and Bush, their NB, can be exposed. That doesn't really play into Wash's hands though, as they are light at WR, but I do think Wash will throw more than usual this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan(Texas): Who is going to be running the ball for Green Bay?

Matt Williamson: That is a good question. Morency isnt practicing. Wynn has looked okay in spurts. B Jackson is falling out of favor. That running game showed signs of life against Chi, but their RBs are pretty terrible. Big benefit to Wash.

Sam Chicago: Will the Skins use the same defensive scheme against the Pack that they used against the Lions?

Matt Williamson: Different Os. They need to play GB's WRs tight to take away those slants that GB runs so well. Similiar I suppose, as neither team has much of a running game, but Det is much more vertically inclined.

Larry (Brooklyn, NY): True or false...3 east teams make the playoffs?

Matt Williamson: Starting to think that way. NO WAY will two come out of the NFC South. Maybe 2 (Chi and GB) from the North. Maybe 2 from the West. Very possible that three are from the East though. T

Anthony (College Park, MD): You mentioned those Green Bay slants. How long do you think they're going to do that on Sunday with Laron Landry and Sean Taylor in the middle of the field?

Matt Williamson: The slants run more at the LBs. Wash's safeties-which are killers, I agree-probably won't get direct shots on them right after the catch. Very short throws.

Larry (Brooklyn, NY): Eli, Romo sits to pee or campbell 3 years from now?...I take campbell because he's the most physically talented and makes the fewest mistakes

Matt Williamson: Very tough call, but give me Campbell. Right now: Romo sits to pee. Then? Campbell. VERY bright future. That isn't a knock on either of the other two though.

I like this guy! He is smart. He understands, just because the Packers a throw first team, that does not mean we play the same defense as last week. These are short timing throws, not vertical passes.

Plan man to man bumb coverage and hoipefully our d-line can continue to play physical.

Larry (Brooklyn, NY): Eli, Romo sits to pee or campbell 3 years from now?...I take campbell because he's the most physically talented and makes the fewest mistakes

Matt Williamson: Very tough call, but give me Campbell. Right now: Romo sits to pee. Then? Campbell. VERY bright future. That isn't a knock on either of the other two though.

:applause:

How are we light at WR???

Ok...lets take off the homer glasses. With Moss and El slowed with injuries, how can we be considered anything but light. (Thrash, McCardell, Caldwell, and BLloyd are frightening). The game will be won running the ball and keeping their offense off the field....easier said than done as G.B. is pretty good on defense

They may use the same defensive gameplan they did against the Eagles bump and run coverage. I think they will pick and chose when to blitz they have to becareful with the blitz this week. If they chose to blitz.

Good pickup. I forgot about that. They are the same offense (west coast) and they both don't run the ball well and rely on the short passing game to move the ball. :applause:

Good pickup. I forgot about that. They are the same offense (west coast) and they both don't run the ball well and rely on the short passing game to move the ball. :applause:

Williams said in a press interview... lemme look for it.. but that it is a variation of something never done before....

IOW.. tape aint gonna help GB...

~Cheers

PS... ill look for that snippet

Yeah they definately won't be using the same D scheme they ran against the Lions. If the Lions were patient with the short slant routes, they would've gotten some more yards against us. As it has been discussed, Martz was too impatient and arrogant and decided to continually test intermediate and deep routes.

We are light at WR, but that doesn't mean our 3-WR sets can't be effective. Especially if McCardell is our possession receiver. He made some good looking catches over the middle last week.

I agree...

I think we have some sleepers flying under the radar at WR... McC for one..

I will even go out onna limb and say BL :doh:

I like this guy! He is smart. He understands, just because the Packers a throw first team, that does not mean we play the same defense as last week. These are short timing throws, not vertical passes.

Plan man to man bumb coverage and hoipefully our d-line can continue to play physical.

Yeah I love how our "D" is playing according to the team we're facing. Against the Lions we kept mixing it up.

For example, our line would be spread and it would seem as if we're playing pass defense. Kitna would identify that and audible a run up the middle, when really he doesn't know that our DE's are gonna jam the middle instead of going from the outside.

I really can't wait to see our scheme against GB, and I hope we keep mixing things up and cause confusion.

Yeah I love how our "D" is playing according to the team we're facing. Against the Lions we kept mixing it up.

For example, our line would be spread and it would seem as if we're playing pass defense. Kitna would identify that and audible a run up the middle, when really he doesn't know that our DE's are gonna jam the middle instead of going from the outside.

I really can't wait to see our scheme against GB, and I hope we keep mixing things up and cause confusion.

I noticed that as well. GW was doing a very good job of tricking them into going where he wanted them to go. Lining up DTs way to the side like a pass rush and then shifting into the middle after the snap to stop the run that was called up the middle. We are definitely going to have to jam their receivers at the LOS or they will pick us apart with those short slants. If we can take that away from them and force Favre into gunslinging mode (which isn't all that hard to do) then hopefully we can get some picks.

:D

Archived