Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell A Top 10 Qb?

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

There is no way in hell you can say that THIS SEASON, the likes of Warner, Kitna, McNabb, Brees, Hasselback, Anderson, and Young are better than Campbell! No way!

There is no way you can say that those QBs have played better than JC this year. That is true. But I'd still contend that they are better quarterbacks.

It's awfully early to proclaim Campbell a top-10 QB. It just is. He's had one REALLY good game, another good game (Giants loss last year) and a bunch of OK games.

I'm excited by his upside and the prospect of his becoming the first franchise QB in DC since Joey T. He's on pace ... no ... ahead of pace in my view. My admittedly patient view. But I don't think we've seen enough to put him near the top yet.

Also...Hasselbeck, Romo sits to pee, McNabb, Bulger...they might all have experience on Campbell now but for the long haul Ill take Campbell.

Nobody in this thread alluded to wanting ANY qb other than Campbell.

This is about right now, present tense. Campbell is not a top 10 QB.

These threads get frustrating. It's not a trick question.

1. Brady

2. P. Manning

3. Romo sits to pee

4. Palmer

5. Bulger

6. Roeth.

7. Favre

8. Anderson

9. Garrard

10. Kitna

11. E. Manning

12. McNabb

13. Hasselback

14. Rivers

15. Young

16. Campbell

A bit unfair to rate him at this point. He hasn't even started a full season yet. I would say he is rising fast in the ranks.

1. Why is everybody leaving Philip Rivers out of their top 10? He is also stiking similar to Campbell in terms of the way they play.

2. I cannot conceive of the thought process of the people who put Eli Manning ahead of Campbell. Campbell spreads the ball to 8 different receivers and improvises. Eli throws to a 6-5 receiver almost all the time.

3. Both Campbell & Rivers are better than Young & Eli. I don't even know if Young has ever had a 200 yd game.

Top 10:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Donovan McNaab (when healthy)

3. Brett Favre

4. Carlson Palmer

5. Tony Romo sits to pee (the guy has had 32 touch downs and multiple 300 yd games since he

started last year).

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Philip Rivers

9. Jason Campbell

10. Vince Young

Eli spreads the ball around better the Campbell. The top four recievers on the Giants are Burress with 24 catches, Ward with 20, Toomer with 19 and Shockey with 18. That's a difference of six catches between 4 recievers. Campbell on the other hand has completed 18 to ARE, 12 to Moss, 10 to Cooley and 9 to Portis. That's not the point though. No one is saying Campbell's a bad QB. He looks like he'll have a great future in the NFL, but he's not top 10 yet. He's still being asked to not lose games for the Skins instead of being asked to win games.

He's ranked:

17th in QB rating.

24th in completion percentage.

16th in yards per game.

Has thrown 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions (a stat he shares with Joey friggin Harrington)

I can't see having an argument about him being top 10 while this is the case. Unlike other QBs that have a reputation to consider showing them to be better then the rating would say (like Brees at #32) Jason has no history. He's still in his first 16 game window.

So no I wouldn't say he's in the top ten. He has to actually be a top ten QB for a season before he can be considered top ten currently playing football. Right now he's a guy with potential that is playing well, nothing more.

Placing him in the top ten right now, based on production not potential, is just homer nonsense.

Manning, Brady, Palmer, Brees, Hasselbeck, Big Ben, Bulger, Kitna, Favre, Jeff Garcia, Romo sits to pee.

Most of those QBs are either having a better season than Campbell, or have shown they are better up to this point.

Campbell has started 11 games though so it's still a bit premature.

how is vince young in any of your top ten lists. VY sucks ***. He is not a good qb and i would never take him over campbell, ever. Anyways i think JC has the potential to be top 5 but he has to put together a season of lion's games or games close to that to be thought of as in the top 10.

It's threads like this that get linked to other websites and laughed at.

Let them laugh. Unless they are fans of the Patriots or Colts, they have no business thinking that THEIR QB is any great shakes at this point. And no one is suggesting Campbell is as good as either of those two at this point.

Campbell has all of the tools to be a top QB in this league. He is certainly among the very best in the NFC, by any standard (did I really see Kitna on people's lists? Weren't you watching, oh, I don't know, last week???). Until he develops consistency he can't be considered among the very top, but, as I said, nobody other than the Big 2 has really blown anyone out of the water with their performances this year, either. You could have made an arguement for Romo sits to pee before Monday Night, but now?

Carson Palmer has been good. I'd say he's 3 right now.

Brett Favre, despite his stupid INT last week, has done an amazing job leading an offense with no running game whatsoever. He's 4.

McNabb is still a great QB at 5.

Hasselbeck and Brees are probably 6 and 7, for now, but Brees is in danger of plummeting down this list if New Orleans doesn't figure out exactly what is going on.

Beyond that, you have a mess of talented young QBs like Campbell, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, Young, Eli, Leinart (who is, of course, out for the season), Schaub, Roethlisberger, Bulger, Garrard, and Cutler. None of those has done anything exceptional to make themselves stand out from the group (you could argue that Roethlisberger has, but you'd be giving him more credit for riding Parker and Bettis and the Pittsburgh D to a championship than I am).

I'll say this for Campebll, though. Of all of those QBs, he is the only one who doesn't crap the bed. I've never watched a Skins game and thought, "Man, Campbell is KILLING us."

Jason's had 1 great game and 3 good games in his young career. Keep in mind that nobody wanted to give Romo sits to pee big props at this point in his career. Jason has a long way to go and he's got to stay healthy like Romo sits to pee has to get as good as even the top 15 QBs in the league.

I'll say this for Campebll, though. Of all of those QBs, he is the only one who doesn't crap the bed. I've never watched a Skins game and thought, "Man, Campbell is KILLING us."

While I agree with you 100% on this, I'd still have to say this isn't the point of the thread.

Campbell isn't a top 10 QB right now. He's one of my favorite players, and I want nothing more than for him to become a Hall of Famer and lead us to multiple trophies while Portis runs over the league every year for 1500 and 15 TDs, but guess what, only one of those things has happened already.

Give it time.

Im baffled to see guys like Hass, Eli, and Romo sits to pee above JC.

If we're talking about the complete package, JC has to be a Top 5 QB. He is not rattled at all, and gets better and better week after week. It's as if he never makes the same mistake twice.

I have:

Peyton

Brady

Palmer

Favre

JC

Big Ben

Jake D

What defines a top 10 qb? Passer rating, completion % etc? There will be many different answers to that question, depending on each persons own bias. Being biased

myself, and believing the most important stat is W's, here are the best QB's so far this year.

100%

1a P. Manning

1b Brady

1c Romo sits to pee

80%

4a. Favre

4b. Big Ben

75%

6a Jason Cambell

6b Vince Young

6c David Garrard

60%

9+ too many 3 and 2 teams to choose from.

Sample size is too small to really say, but based on current standings (it's all about the w's).. yeah JC is a top 10 qb. Now things will change, but enjoying being above .500

These are the guys that are getting it done. There are better QB's than those on the list, but if they arent winning, they werent included.

And yes cherry picking statistics is lame, but already admited to wearing some rose colored glasses on this one. Hard to not support the OP's optimism that we may have finally found some stability at the single most important position on the field.

Now feel free to post the link to the NFL.com QB rating page and bash away. But daydreaming for a bit until the cold harsh realities settle back in. :)

Jason's had 1 great game and 3 good games in his young career. Keep in mind that nobody wanted to give Romo sits to pee big props at this point in his career. Jason has a long way to go and he's got to stay healthy like Romo sits to pee has to get as good as even the top 15 QBs in the league.

wow Romo sits to pee played like 5 more games than him and had 4 yrs in the same system essentially.

jason campbell is getting close to spending a good 8-10 year run in the top ten - top 5 talent - we should be very excited about this

some very interesting lists ( kitna over carson on many?)

1 manning ( because he works so much harder than brady)

2 tom brady

3 carson

4 farve ( hope hes still i good enough shape)

5 mcnabb (if he returns to health)

6 hasselback

7 bulger

8 mike vick (would have been the best slotback/kr ever)

9 kitna (least physically gifted)(best relatinship w god)

10 garcia (hottest wife)

Archived