Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell A Top 10 Qb?

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

Im shocked and saddened that people are putting Palmer up above Campbell..
Explain please. Plamer threw what 28 TD's last year and the year before that he was over 30 TD's, he already has thrown 6 tds in one game this year. He has no defense and all he has to do is put the ball the air and they are having a bad year. If you think Campbell is better than Palmer then your smoking the wacky tobacco. Palmer is head and shoulders above Campbell and if Campbell is is even close to Palmers level in a couple years I will be very happy. Gotta love Extremeskins, last week everyone thought our offense was terrible and everyone sucked and blah blah, we have one good game and now Campbell is a top 10 qb....

Explain please. Plamer threw what 28 TD's last year and the year before that he was over 30 TD's, he already has thrown 6 tds in one game this year. He has no defense and all he has to do is put the ball the air and they are having a bad year. If you think Campbell is better than Palmer then your smoking the wacky tobacco. Palmer is head and shoulders above Campbell and if Campbell is is even close to Palmers level in a couple years I will be very happy. Gotta love Extremeskins, last week everyone thought our offense was terrible and everyone sucked and blah blah, we have one good game and now Campbell is a top 10 qb....

he has 6 more TDs then Campbell and you already said that 6 came from one game that was the ****ing BROWNS. congrats on shredding such a premiere D. so if he has 10 TDs total, and 6 in one game, that doesnt sound too good to me when you look at the big picture.

this year he has twice as many INTs with 6 and is throwing for less YPA then Campbell. His longest pass is almost 20 yards less then Campbell's, but he has 300 more yards in 47 more passing attempts then Campbell. Palmer does have a higher rating though, by 6 points.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

and dont try to throw me in the lump of O bashers that were here last week; you really have no idea what my thoughts are.

and in all honesty, i thought he was talking about this year, because I dont normally like to think about last year's stats unless it is to bash a puke fan;)

Im shocked and saddened that people are putting Palmer up above Campbell..but you have shocked me with the Derek Anderson up above Campbell. but when you say Kurt Warner, who is JUST NOW starting in AZ, i am sure you must be smoking the wacky tabaccy. he wassnt even a starter on his team until this week and you have him listed above our QB?

and what in the hell has derek anderson really done?

Warner is a former NFL MVP. He makes it simply on past performance. Plus, look what he has done with fewer pass attempts than Campbell: 4 TDs and no picks.

There is no way in hell you can say that THIS SEASON, the likes of Warner, Kitna, McNabb, Brees, Hasselback, Anderson, and Young are better than Campbell! No way!

Agree...........

Unfortunately

1. Manning, P

2. Brady, T

3. Campbell, J

and the others fall far behind....................Jason has improved this year - yes, he had ONE "bad" game..............but he is the better QB for it. HE responded so "out of the box" last Sunday - just in leadership alone.

Personally, in leadership - he is #1 and "P" falls so far below; have you ever, ever seen Jason on the sideline "pouting"???????? Really - have you?;)

OW>>>>>>>>>>here comes the hits!:laugh: , but Brady would be #2 when it comes to professionalism............

and the QB from Dallas - Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................he cries on the sideline - oh yea, it was something in his eyes..............TEARS :D

Jason IS the QB of the year, :2cents:

Warner is a former NFL MVP. He makes it simply on past performance. Plus, look what he has done with fewer pass attempts than Campbell: 4 TDs and no picks.

it is easy to have inflated stats when you come in for plays that are specifically designed for you. he is not in there grinding it out for the whole game.

I'm a huge Skins fan but the homers in this thread are hilarious.

Campbell has ONE game where his rating was over 100. Most of the QB's listed have double digit games above 100 rating, and in some cases maintained a 100+ rating over more than a season. Until Campbell can show that type of consistency there is no way you can call him a top QB.

Now, I'm not saying QB rating is the end all stat for QBs, but it's one of the better stats to look at consistent play over time.

He has POTENTIAL to be a top 10 QB, but currently he is not.

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. Palmer

4. Mcnabb (when healthy)

5. Favre

6. Romo sits to pee

7. Brees (I know he is having a terrible year, but look at the past years)

8. Vick (oh my bad) "Big Ben"

9. Delhomme

10. Bulger

11. "Tim" Hasselbeck

12. Eli Manning

13. Campbell and a few other guys right there with him (Schuab, Garcia, Kitna, Young, Rivers)

I may have missed a few. I went right off the top of my head

Im shocked and saddened that people are putting Palmer up above Campbell..but you have shocked me with the Derek Anderson up above Campbell. but when you say Kurt Warner, who is JUST NOW starting in AZ, i am sure you must be smoking the wacky tabaccy. he wassnt even a starter on his team until this week and you have him listed above our QB?

and what in the hell has derek anderson really done?

You are out of your mind if you think Campbell is better then Palmer. You my friend are smoking the wacky tobaccy and it is definitely burgundy tinted.

And yes Derek Anderson is better then Campbell right now.

You are out of your mind if you think Campbell is better then Palmer. You my friend are smoking the wacky tobaccy and it is definitely burgundy tinted.

And yes Derek Anderson is better then Campbell right now.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4284339&postcount=30

sorry man, i just dont feel like typing it all out again, but i backed up what i said i believe.

Whoever listed Derek Anderson and Jon Kitna ahead of Campbell...

please let me know what you are smokin and where I can get it.

Also...Hasselbeck, Romo sits to pee, McNabb, Bulger...they might all have experience on Campbell now but for the long haul Ill take Campbell.

Only qbs who are most definitely better than Campbell are Peyton, Tom, Carson...maaaybe Eli but I think it will be even...

Honestly, anyone who thinks Derek Anderson is better than Campbell right now needs to check in to Lindsay Lohan rehab immediately. This guy is going to lose his job sooner rather than later to Brady Quinn and the only reason his numbers are remotely good is because he had 6tds against a woeful bengals d. Take out that day and his numbers are below mediocre and I will give you plenty of other qbs to argue about but Anderson shouldnt even be in the damn equation.

Wow....just wow. The homerism is running rampant this week. Better than what I saw for the two week prior, but still just as astonishing! Let the kid mature a little bit before you place him in the top 10. For god's sake, two of you have him in the top5? You cannot be serious. I love the kid. Would not want another QB right now, but that does not mean he is a top10 QB YET.

Campbell has looked OK to good until last week. Last week he looked great. I'd say he isn't a top ten QB yet. I kind of wonder if Al Saunders no-audible system will ever allow him to be what I'd consider a top ten QB anyway. It's all just my opinion.

Plus, last week was a different game for him. The passers were kept shorter, though there were more of them. But I don't see Campbell as "in charge" out there yet.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Homo

4. Favre

5. Big Ben

6. McChoke

7. Kitna

8. Eli Manning

9. Vince Young

10. Matt Hassleback

11. Bulger

12. Palmer

Palmer @ 12? I'd put Palmer @ 3...and McNabb @ 4, and Farve @ 5. Those, IMO, are the only five qb's in the league that can be considered great right now.

1. Why is everybody leaving Philip Rivers out of their top 10? He is also stiking similar to Campbell in terms of the way they play.

2. I cannot conceive of the thought process of the people who put Eli Manning ahead of Campbell. Campbell spreads the ball to 8 different receivers and improvises. Eli throws to a 6-5 receiver almost all the time.

3. Both Campbell & Rivers are better than Young & Eli. I don't even know if Young has ever had a 200 yd game.

Top 10:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Donovan McNaab (when healthy)

3. Brett Favre

4. Carlson Palmer

5. Tony Romo sits to pee (the guy has had 32 touch downs and multiple 300 yd games since he

started last year).

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Philip Rivers

9. Jason Campbell

10. Vince Young

Campbell has looked OK to good until last week. Last week he looked great. I'd say he isn't a top ten QB yet. I kind of wonder if Al Saunders no-audible system will ever allow him to be what I'd consider a top ten QB anyway. It's all just my opinion.

Plus, last week was a different game for him. The passers were kept shorter, though there were more of them. But I don't see Campbell as "in charge" out there yet.

Yes, I think that's maybe true to some extent. The Cowboy's system is certainly better suited to making Romo sits to pee look better than he might somewhere else.

Archived