Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell A Top 10 Qb?

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

When you're evaluating qbs, you can't just look at numbers. I look at all around talent and the ability for a qb to succeed in other systems given times. Take away the 'system quarterbacks' and you take away Warner, Big Ben (Steelers run way more than pass), Romo sits to pee who has been in the same offense his career (qb coach became o coordinator) and Monday's performance took him off the top 10.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Carson Palmer

4. McScabb (when healthy)

5. Favre---He will throw the picks but there's no denying the talent

6. Vince Young-only qb outside top 2 who can win a game with no supporting cast

7. Matt Schaub-I'm sold

8. Drew Brees-bad year this year, but he's still fantastic.

9. Jason Campbell-Call me a homer, but though there's question about his accuracy the guy can and will succeed in any system

10. Phillip Rivers-though I don't like him as much as the top 9, the guy can put up some numbers.

I wanted to put Garcia up but he's a west coast type qb.

1a. Peyton Manning

1b. Tom Brady

2. Carson Palmer

3. Donovan McNabb (depends on health)

4. Favre

5. Bulger (When healthy)

6. Hasselback

7. Roethlisberger

8. Eli

9. Brees

Okay you can pretty much order those how you want . . . I'm not gonna put VY on this list which might piss some people off but I definitely wouldn't call him a great qb to this point regardless of W-L record. Anyway I think it's entirely possible that he could be considered up there. Cutler hasn't looked good at all this year. You could probably remove some of these based on this years performance . . . and I'm also not completely sold on Romo sits to pee as a franchise qb yet either. Campbell has looked shaky and just based on stats you probably wouldn't bring him into the discussion, but watching him play every week you can really appreciate his intangibles and growth from week to week.

Yeah, I agree. Everybody is leaving Brees off because of a few bad games, bad games by the whole team, and they are 0-5. Brees played 3 straight excellent seasons before this one. He wasn't a 1 year wonder and should be top 10 at least.

are you serious? Kitna #7? Eli #8?:doh: palmer #12!!!! do you watch football? american football? Farve 4?

That wasn't in any particular order. It was just 12 QB's off the top of my head that I would take over Campbell if I needed a win this Sunday. Not that Campbell doesn't have a bright future in Washington, but right now he's still being asked to just not lose the game.

Romo sits to pee who has been in the same offense his career (qb coach became o coordinator) and Monday's performance took him off the top 10.

Jason Garrett is the cowboys NEW offensive coordinator, his 1st year in fact. Last year he was a QB coach for the Dolphins and according to you ONE game takes Romo sits to pee off the top ten and ONE game puts Campbell in ?

That's fine I'll call you what you wanted to be called and that's a homer.

lets get this out of the way now.

Vince Young isnt good. yes his team wins game. is it him that wins them? NO! it wasnt last year, it isnt this year. Ten's defense has showed up big time and he throws picks all day and has his defense win the game for him, and everyone thinks hes great. hes thrown 3 TDs to 5 INTs, has a low completion percentage, low QB rating, and his numbers were identical last year. how do you win the rookie of the year throwing MORE ints than tds? its ridiculous.

vince young is mediocre. AT BEST.

but QBs better than campbell:

brady, p manning, palmer, mcnabb, favre, big ben, Romo sits to pee, hasselbeck, rivers, and schaub. thats this year so far. bulger belongs there too but not this year.

campbell looks like hes going to be legit. lets hope he ends up 3rd or 4th on that list at some point.

I don't know if I could actually name 10 other QB's that are better than Jason in the league right now, but I don't think that Jason is a top 10 QB at this moment. I think that he is getting close, but he needs to become more consistent and still get better at the intermediate passes (which he did show improvement on last week).

Romo sits to pee isn't a better quarterback. I guarantee you will never ever see Jason throw 4 picks in just a half of football. By the end of this year, no one will say Romo sits to pee is better.

Come on man dont be such a Homer. You have to aknowledge that Romo sits to pee has had a big time season (aside from the Buffalo Debacle).

The more i think about it the more I would be inclined to put Campbell in the top 10.

only 5 QBs in the league really distinguish themselves as of this point. The rest fall in any other.

1. Peyton Manning (simply the best of his generation)

2. Brett Favre (enough said)

3. Tom Brady

4. Donovan McNaab (Always has the highest QB rating when healthy)

5. Carlson Palmer

Other than that, while I hate to say it, Romo sits to pee is closer to the top 5 than anyone else.

Campbell has a huge potential to be there, but let's let him grow. Other potential QBs Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub & VY.

I love Jason, he is a great quarterback, and will be for years. I'll try to name 10 better though, I'm not sure if hes earned that yet.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tony Romo sits to pee (I may take some heat for this, but you can't deny he is a talented guy, even after that disaster in Buffalo)

4. Brett Favre

5. Jon Kitna (He played terrible last week, but previous weeks have to be taken into account)

6. Carson Palmer

7. Derek Anderson (He is playing his butt off, no one expected him to do this well, or thought he would be starting at this point. Yes, he throws interceptions sometimes, but the Browns haven't had a good O-line in a long time)

8.Ben Roethlisberger

9. Jeff Garcia

10.Kurt Warner

I have confidence he will be in the top ten before the season is over.

LOL @ DEREK ANDERSON

LOL @ KURT WARNER

LOL @ JEFF GARCIA

you have to be kidding me.............i hope you've done more research than what you obviously haven't.

Agree...........

Unfortunately

1. Manning' date=' P

2. Brady, T

3. Campbell, J

and the others fall far behind....................Jason has improved this year - yes, he had ONE "bad" game..............but he is the better QB for it. HE responded so "out of the box" last Sunday - just in leadership alone.

Personally, in leadership - he is #1 and "P" falls so far below; have you ever, ever seen Jason on the sideline "pouting"???????? Really - have you?;)

OW>>>>>>>>>>here comes the hits!:laugh: , but Brady would be #2 when it comes to professionalism............

and the QB from Dallas - Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................he cries on the sideline - oh yea, it was something in his eyes..............TEARS :D

Jason IS the QB of the year, :2cents:[/quote']

I like your confidence in our QB, but ahead of Carson Palmer?

LOL @ u

much love though~

1. Brady

2. P. Manning

3. Romo sits to pee

4. Palmer

5. Bulger

6. Roeth.

7. Favre

8. Anderson

9. Garrard

10. Kitna

11. E. Manning

12. McNabb

13. Hasselback

14. Rivers

15. Young

16. Campbell

A bit unfair to rate him at this point. He hasn't even started a full season yet. I would say he is rising fast in the ranks.

the thread asks for 9 other QBs, you shou'dve stopped at 4.

Archived