Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Face The NFL's #1 Passing Offense For 2nd Week In A Row!

[S.S.F. | Nero]

For the second straight week, the Washington Redskins will face the premiere passing offense in the NFL.

Last week, the top-ranked Lions came to FedEx Field and were essentially shut down.

Consequently, the Lions dropped to #5 in the passing rankings this week as Green Bay moved up to #1.

Now, we go to Lambeau Field and attempt to stifle yet another red hot passing game.

Do you wonderful pundits in ES land feel like we can put up a repeat performance on Defense?

It will be our most accurate litmus test so far this year on both sides of the ball as Green Bay's defense is no cakewalk itself.

You are damn Skippy we will. This game is a must win for the skins. We can't go to Lambeau and play without passion. Detroit had a better receiving corps and we shut them down. I truly believe if GW plays the front 4 like the way we did against the Lions and have them pressure the O-Line of GB we will be successful, p.s. don't forget Brett is "Interception" prone.

GB has no rushing game and Montgomery alone takes away the middle (double-teams lol)

Our fast linebackers and secondary can do the rest.

If we can't stifle their passing game, we don't deserve to call ourselves a top 5 defense. I'm sure GW is looking through the Bears vs GB footage as we speak.

I feel good about our chances playing one-dimensional passing teams. But something tells me after reviewing film from the Lions game, GB is going to try to pick up some yards in the running game to keep our defense off-balance and slow the pass-rush.

Eh, if they don't, this may turn out to be Detroit pt. 2.

we're facing an offense with no running game and a mistake prone qb with no help at receiver. I'm not worrying too much about their offense, but that defense they have might be a problem.

You'd be a fool to discount any offense that Brett Favre is running!

Kitna is about as immobile as it gets at QB, thats why we were so successful at getting to him with just the front four. Favre, while not as mobile as he once was, can still avoid everyone on our d-line, except maybe Carter.

Buying just a few more seconds with his feet could do wonders for Favre. Then again, thats usually when he attempts bad throws. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I believe this will be a close game.

Interesting... They're the number one ranked offense - yet have "no rushing game" and "no help at receiver".

Really?

I enjoyed the win last week as much as the next guy. But lets not get all touchy-feely just yet. Farve can move, Kitna could not. Packers have a fairly strong D, Lions did not. Packers have a solid O-line, Lions was less than stellar.

sure have and have you heard of guys name R williams and c johnson both of det.....So what is your point....
]']Brett Favre is much better than Kitna' date=' but The Lions WRs are much better than GBs.

The difference will be our line- Can we get the same pressure?[/quote']

Ghost answered what I was going to say...Thanks Ghost!!!

Even though the Packers were able to throw some points on the bears D, I honestly think our defense is playing much better than Chicago's. I don't think brett is going to light it up, I think they'll abandon the run game quick once they see that is not effective agaisnt our D.

Interesting... They're the number one ranked offense - yet have "no rushing game" and "no help at receiver".

Really?

I enjoyed the win last week as much as the next guy. But lets not get all touchy-feely just yet. Farve can move, Kitna could not. Packers have a fairly strong D, Lions did not. Packers have a solid O-line, Lions was less than stellar.

You forgot, the game's in their back yard.

It sounds like to me from many of the posters in this thread that the game should not even be played because we already have it wrapped up and won. I hope all of you are right, because if your not, I'm sure the rest of us are going to have to put up with your fifty thoushand "Fire Gibbs" threads next week.

I think people need to stop taking shots at Brett Favre saying he is mistake prone. He is RISK prone, and there is a big difference between the two. When he gambles and things go right, he throws up 300+ yards and 3+ TDs. When he loses those gambles, that's when he has bad days. We need to take advantage of those risks he takes and be more athletic and more aggressive when the ball is in the air. Otherwise, they have Donald Driver and two more young, athletic WRs (Greg Jennings and James Jones) that can pluck the ball out of the air.

Archived