Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Face The NFL's #1 Passing Offense For 2nd Week In A Row!

[S.S.F. | Nero]

and just think, the following week we play the cardinals and then the pats. it ain't gonna be much easier.

Seriously...then we get some what of a break against the Jets then have to face Philly and Dallas. This 6 game stretch is really gonna test our secondary.

It sounds like to me from many of the posters in this thread that the game should not even be played because we already have it wrapped up and won. I hope all of you are right, because if your not, I'm sure the rest of us are going to have to put up with your fifty thoushand "Fire Gibbs" threads next week.

You ain't kiddin.

We lose - people want Gibbs' head on a plate.

We win - people start booking their Superbowl flights.

i'm sorry to say for those of you proposing that our pass rush will be key...while last week this certainly was a huge proponent of our ability to stifle Detroit, it will have little to no effect this week & here's why.

Brett Favre is getting rid of the football on 1st & 2nd downs & 3rd & short WAAAAAAY TOO QUICKLY for a pass rush to even enter into his thought process. heck, he's getting rid of the ball before his 2nd step on his drop-backs in most cases, it's unreal!

our D-line (see Phillip Daniels) must get into passing lanes & get their hands up to disrupt their rythym or this could be a looooong game. our DB's can't jump routes too often & we MUST tackle. now we haven't done the latter two but the first will be interesting to see if we can accomplish.

i don't fear their running game, & we should only use the blitz on running downs & sparingly on 3rd & long situations. that being said, our coordinators/coaches have been on top of their game this season & i believe our game plan will be air tight....i just worry about our execution.

Looking at this game I'm more concerned w/Green Bay's defense---which is really solid top to bottom and is young and coming into its own. I think we can do the job on their offense regards stopping them but I want to see JC continue to make strides against this stout defense. No doubt, if we win this one on the road we can count it as a HUGE win.

GB has no rushing game . . .

I keep reading that. But the only game I've watched (the first half, @ CHI), GB averaged almost 8 ypc.

Now granted, we aren't the Bear's defense. I'm not exactly scared if them running.

I just don't think we should just write it off, either.

They may be ranked the number 1 passing offense and same thing with the Lion offense but really they're not. They pass alot because they don't have a running game and this boost their pass rank. Teams like the Patriots and Colts have better passing attacks but it don't show because they mix it up. Not saying they are a bad passing offense but the reason they are number 1 because they don't run much.

Archived