Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor NOT on Espn's List of Game Changers

skinsn24

someone needs to send them a highlight video of all the GAMES HE HAS CHANGED..... ridiculous. to name a few..... dallas 06, carolina 06, philly 05, tampa 05..... feel free to add to the list

i gurantee you, coaches and offensive coordinators know what he is capable of

Do we not all remember Moss catching TWO GAME CHANGING TOUCHDOWNS in the Cowboys stadium in the last 5 min. to win the game behind Roy Williams. I love espn. We cannot play when we start to get praise.
I guess that means both Santana Moss and Roy Williams are game-changers, just in different ways. :laugh:

I'm younger than most of you guys and some of you really act like your 10 years old because we don't get to see someone on ESPN or in the newspaper.

Welcome to football message boards. There's only one game per week, so people go looking for other things to talk about besides hard news.

ST has to win the SB to get attention.

I mean, Bob Sanders didn't get his until he won the SB and the thing is ST is 10 times better than Sanders.

exactly. it's very simple. to the victor go the spoils. by spoils i mean scouts/players/coaches/gms accolades, if you really care about that.

also, ST had a horrible year last year. not his fault as he was trying to cover for our WEAK linebackers and injury-depleted Defensive unit, but still, people have short memories in this league. as soon as ST takes one to the house in our upset of the Patriots, he'll be on the cover of ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and probably Time and Newsweek too.

In the "overrated" section:

4. Most $7 million-a-year guards

Scout: "When Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace or Walter Jones gets paid, that's great. But when Derrick Dockery is in the top 10 in pay among linemen, it's harder for the rest of us to keep our players."

You guys are ridiculous!

This is a panel of people who all work for NFL teams. Not a single safety is on the list.

The article isnt about the best players, its about who you have to change your scheme for, specifically. And they say that safeties cannot qualify based on the responsibilities of the position. Not even Ed Reed gets listed, and sorry, but he is the best safety in the game.

Get over it!

The only way that Roy Williams changes game plans is to have opposing quarterbacks take aim at him.

Ha, your right about that. Roy Williams definitely is a game changer. Find Roy Williams and go deep.

As far as positive game changing, no one has anything on Sean Taylor. I can't find a list but I bet teams drop the ball more against the Skins then any other team. Opposing receivers are flat out scared to catch the ball near him. T.O is a prime example of that, the guy seems terrified of the Tarantula.

They have both Ed Reed and Troy P on the list (in the second best catagory) yet ST isnt on the list at all. A total joke

Uh why?

Sean Taylor has one pro bowl to his name, Polamalu has multiple, and Ed Reed has multiple AND a defensive MVP award.

You guys are ridiculous!

This is a panel of people who all work for NFL teams. Not a single safety is on the list.

The article isnt about the best players, its about who you have to change your scheme for, specifically. And they say that safeties cannot qualify based on the responsibilities of the position. Not even Ed Reed gets listed, and sorry, but he is the best safety in the game.

Get over it!

People have developed this whiny ass attitude "we get no respect." We don't because we weren't very good for a long long time.

I swear, some people here would complain if the top 5 gamechangers were

1. Clinton Portis

2. Jason Campbell

3. Sean Taylor

4. Derrick Frost

5. Peyton Manning

THESE ARE NFL PEOPLE MAKING CLAIMS, a lot more different and a lot more respectable than some hack sportswriter.

Grow up folks, we'll get plenty of respect when we are in the NFC championship game.

you can take that to the bank.

Jesus Christ....whats the big deal people? All you guys do is complain about not seeing highlights on ESPN, or not being mentioned in an article...who cares? Let the play on the field do the talking.

Such wisdom from such a young age. :applause: :logo:

You guys are ridiculous!

Get over it!

I thought Ed Reed and Troy P both played safety and are both on the 2nd part of the list...not the cream of the crop but the split. But that being said. I agree with lots of others....who cares if one of our players makes a list. I wonder if the Philly fans are in an uproar since their safety, who has been consistently one of the best safeties for years, who forces several game changing plays every year, who also gets run over by Mike Sellers once a year, didn't make the list.

The bigger indictment is that there is only one Redskin on a list that includes 54 players? It seems to me that nothing has changed since the 80's, where we were a powerhouse, but very few, if not any, players ever got individual recognition.

Very true!!! But I'm sure they didn't really care about the individual recognition. Quite a few had 2 and some even 3 SB rings which is what it's ultimately about.

As for ESPN, they have really gone downhill...the only thing I turn to them for are College Football games and maybe, just maybe NFL Live (where there is even more hate from Schlereth)...

The Redskins don't need attention and if they in fact do get some, I think they'll stay level headed. The players know what a lot of the media is like...

Now let's kick some Packers @$$!!!

HTTR!!! :point2sky

Archived