Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite all time Redskin play???

FanSinceSonnyJ

"80 yards...Touchdown!"

"Hello Sports Fans!"

How many times have I watched and rewound and watched again...

I was only 13 or 14 at the time, had only been following the 'Skins for two seasons from the UK, and couldnt believe what I was seeing.

"Doug Williams was RIGHT ON TIME with Sanders" God, I could recite virtually the whole of the second quarter commentary from Michaels and Dierdorf:helmet:

Most Disappointing Redskins Play....

Art Monk's disallowed TD against the Bills in SBXXVI, after he owned the First Quarter:mad:

Moss from Brunell or the Cooley Td against dallas

Young'n...... Way better plays than this.

For me it's the Riggo TD run in SB XVII or the 5 touchdowns in the 2nd QTR in SB XXII....

Or maybe the hurdle play by DG against Chicago....

hands down the two td passes when we came back against the cowgirls on MNF...hands down :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Too young....too young.....

the earliest play I remember seeing was Green's punt return vs. Chicago in the 87 paloffs, so that sticks out for me.

After that maybe Monk's record-breaking catch on MNF against Denver in 1992.

then there's a ton of others all really close, such as Brunell-Mossx2, Williams-Sanders, Green's OT INT return against the Lions for the win....just to name a few.

My all-time favorite is Riggo's TD run against the Dolphins in SB XVII. I remember that game as it were yesterday.

A close second is Doug Williams' long TD pass to Ricky Sanders in SB XXII, which jumpstarted our record-breaking second quarter.

Good call on both. Riggins run STILL gives me goosebumps and as for the 35 points in 18 plays of SB XXII well...... when you watch it now it's still utterly amazing!

1. Riggins on 4th down, forever one of the classic plays in the history of the NFL.

2. Green's punt return with the bad ribs against the Bears.

3. Dexter's ferocious sack of Danny White.

4. Lavar ending Aikmen's career.

5. Any offensive play in the 2nd quarter by Wiliams, Sanders and Timmy Smith.

But I firmly beleive the group playing now is capable of adding to this list this year. Hopefully against the Cowpukes.

My favorites:

1) DGrant rumbling for a TD (set the tone for the entire Gibbs era)

2) Brunell running for 1st down on 4th and about 20 (lightning strikes once)

3) Brunell to Moss, same series (lightning strikes twice)

4) Brunell to Moss, next series (lightning strikes three times)

5) Troy Vincent blocking kick, Sean Taylor running it to put us in FG range... oh, and hitting the subsequent FG with 0 seconds left.

While the Super Bowls were great... I can't really say I enjoyed them as much as I do beating the Cowboys. However, I really don't like it when people say "we want Dallas"...

Darrell Green running back a TD where he has that injury but keeps going

I like that one too. It was a punt return against the Bears in the Super Bowl run in 1987. I believe this was the divisional playoff game. People thought we didn't have a chance due to it being so cold that day. We went on to destroy the Broncos, securing our second Lombardi.

I think Riggins run is pretty much the go to play for Redskins fans whether we watched it live or have seen it on a highlight reel. My other favorite Redskins memory isn't a play so much as what happened afterwords - in the '91 playoffs when al lthe yellow seat cushions rained from RFK Stadium - the stadium was rocking, it was loud, cushions flew all over the field in excitment, and Jack Kent Cooke was in the owners box just beaming. Awsomw, awsome, awsome.

Wow, this is the greatest thread ever!! I have to say the Riggo run, DG punt return and the Moss 2 TD's against Dallas are 2-4 on my list. My favorite was the Monday night Art Monk broke the receptions record against the Bronco's. My folks were at the game (leaving me at home to watch - what the Heck is up with that?) and I remember the anticipation of the record and Gibbs deciding Art was getting it that night. The 2 plays before went to Art and everyone knew where the next play was going, but Art couldn't be stopped. The joy of that moment and the incredible buildup still gives me chills!!

Art & Darrell - HOF 2008!!!

Wow, this is the greatest thread ever!! I have to say the Riggo run, DG punt return and the Moss 2 TD's against Dallas are 2-4 on my list. My favorite was the Monday night Art Monk broke the receptions record against the Bronco's. My folks were at the game (leaving me at home to watch - what the Heck is up with that?) and I remember the anticipation of the record and Gibbs deciding Art was getting it that night. The 2 plays before went to Art and everyone knew where the next play was going, but Art couldn't be stopped. The joy of that moment and the incredible buildup still gives me chills!!

Art & Darrell - HOF 2008!!!

My parents wouldn't let me stay up for that.. and i just KNEW KNEW KNEW he was going to break the record...

My other favorite Redskins memory isn't a play so much as what happened afterwords - in the '91 playoffs when al lthe yellow seat cushions rained from RFK Stadium - the stadium was rocking, it was loud, cushions flew all over the field in excitment, and Jack Kent Cooke was in the owners box just beaming. Awsomw, awsome, awsome.

YES, the seat cushion game, I remember watching that on TV as a kid thinking that is that most amazingly cool thing ever.

Archived