Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite all time Redskin play???

FanSinceSonnyJ

My other favorite Redskins memory isn't a play so much as what happened afterwords - in the '91 playoffs when al lthe yellow seat cushions rained from RFK Stadium - the stadium was rocking, it was loud, cushions flew all over the field in excitment, and Jack Kent Cooke was in the owners box just beaming. Awsomw, awsome, awsome.

I remember seeing that one live. I was in complete awe.

one of my favorite plays i saw in person was Westbrook's OT td catch to beat the Cards at the JKC opener

yeah it ended up being a bad season and it was against a crap team (actually didnt phoenix make the playoffs that year?) but JKC stadium started out on the right note, i remember it like yesterday

That one and a really obscure play that I barely remember. Green picked off a pass and was running to score the TD. One of our own dlinemen basically picked him and carried him the last 2-3 yards to make sure he got in.

That was the 36-30 OT victory vs Detroit in 1995. Green won it with that INT.

No particular order

1. Riggins SB Run

2. D Greens punt return against Chicago

3. Moss catches against Dallas

4. Darryl Grant's pick 6 in NFC Championship game

5. D Green running down T Dorsett...the look on Dorsett's face afterward

6. Art Monk's Record Breaking catch (not a great play itself...but great for Monk)

7. Clark Scoring in OT vs Minnesota (got to see the play at halftime last week)

8 Green breaking up pass at Goal line in playoffs

9 Houston's play

10 Blocked FG vs Dallas last year

11. Most Rypien bombs in 1991 were great plays to watch.

That one and a really obscure play that I barely remember. Green picked off a pass and was running to score the TD. One of our own dlinemen basically picked him and carried him the last 2-3 yards to make sure he got in.

That was against Detroit in DC so the win streak was on the line and the game had gone to OT, Detroit had the ball inside their own 5 and Green picks him off, a D Lineman picks him up and practically carries/throws him in the endzone, i remember it so well because i was stuck in michigan at the time and was one of the few Skins games i got to see

one of my favorite plays i saw in person was Westbrook's OT td catch to beat the Cards at the JKC opener

yeah it ended up being a bad season and it was against a crap team (actually didnt phoenix make the playoffs that year?) but JKC stadium started out on the right note, i remember it like yesterday

man, i remember that game... i was celebrating my birthday at my house and we were all glued to the tv.... good time

Dexter Manley knocking out Danny White in the 1982 NFC title game at RFK. The place was rocking, the game was close, and Dexter put White about three feet in to the turf while Tony Dorsett and Shawn Springs dad stood their with their mouths hanging open wondering how a defensive lineman could have gotten in the backfield so fast.

A thing of beauty, and it's hard to describe just how big a win that was for the franchise. It was the game that put the Skins at the top of the league where they would remain for a decade.

Good times....good times

Young'n...... Way better plays than this.

For me it's the Riggo TD run in SB XVII or the 5 touchdowns in the 2nd QTR in SB XXII....

Or maybe the hurdle play by DG against Chicago....

my history of redskins glory includes norv, spurrier, marty. plz let me live :laugh:

Darryl Grant (defensive tackle) scoring in the 82 NFC Championship game was the greatest play before Riggo's run. Riggo's run was absolutely my favorite, bar none.

No doubt - I was in the 7th grade at the time. My brother and I almost made my mom miss a flight because we wouldn't leave the house. We were going to watch the 82 NFC Championship -- to top it off it was starting to snow outside - I'm gettng chills thinking about it. Riggos run was great, but for me it was the Grant play because 1) it sent us to the SB and 2) it was against Dallas.

Archived