Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Packers Fans View the Skins

VATechSkins

I understand that the Bears game was against a divisional rival, and that may have been important. However, I think it is safe to say that we all agree Chicago is a shell of its former self. If Brian Griese was able to toss a couple touches, then I think Campbell can as well. I think, also, that the Bears run game has been awful this season, and the Skins' has been very good. This should open up the play action passing game.

Obviously, Favre is great. However, he hasn't had to play a team with a secondary like the Skins. Everyone seems to be much improved from last year. Also, the slant patterns will look a little less attractive with the linebackers likely dropping a bit in coverage. With the cover three in place, it will allow for any double moves to be covered, so the shallow guy jumping the slant will be okay.

It's going to be a tough game.

Favre always tends to look good against us no matter how good/bad the Packers are doing that year.

They got a solid D, a running game that may or may not be problematic and a decent WR corp but it comes down to Favre.

If we can execute they way we did against Detroit and force Favre to thread alot of needles we got a good shot.

Packers are a much better team than I thought they would be, but the same can be said of the Skins by many non-Redskin fans.

I think we can win

HTTR

I understand that the Bears game was against a divisional rival, and that may have been important. However, I think it is safe to say that we all agree Chicago is a shell of its former self. If Brian Griese was able to toss a couple touches, then I think Campbell can as well. I think, also, that the Bears run game has been awful this season, and the Skins' has been very good. This should open up the play action passing game.

Actually, our run game has not been very good, and the packers are tough to run on. I think its crucial to get cooley going early. That could help us get on the right track with our run game.

Actually, our run game has not been very good, and the packers are tough to run on. I think its crucial to get cooley going early. That could help us get on the right track with our run game.

130 yards a game is nothing to sneeze at. That is 3rd in the NFC (only 10th in the NFL though). Not sure how that is not very good. Just because Portis has split carries, and has not topped 100 yards because of it, doesn't mean the run game isn't good. YPC (3.8) is definitely low, I'll give you that, but its still a first down if you do it three times in a row. The ability to control the clock, with the exception of the Giants game, has been there because of the run game.

Their board and every other board sounds just like us. What fans go into a game not thinking they will win?

um, hello? half the fools on this board thought we would lose to the lions. i said we would smoke em and we did.

we can beat the pack too but they are light years better than the lions. their d is for real and farve in sync is just scary. farve getting harrased and chased is also scary, for them.

i see a very good tight game for three and then we put in away in the fourth w/ a defensive TD and some serious smash mouth.

skins 31 pack 20

Packer fans are some of the most knowledgeable and friendly (no attitude toward other fans wearing colors ) in the league.

couldn't agree more. never met a green bay fan who wasn't both super nice and seriously football smart. im sure they are out there, i just havent run into them.

and they have every reason to feel confident. they are a very good team, with a legend at QB and they are playing at home coming off a tough loss. everything points to a pack bounce back win.

everything, that is, except for the emergence of very nasty redskin defense and a young qb with a huge arm who is really getting into the flow of al saunders' offense and has truly superb weapons at his disposal (portis, betts, big mike, santana, randle el, coooooley, and now even keenan and maybe reche)

i think the redskins win this game and send a big message around the nfl that they are for real. this will be a win no one will be able to dismiss.

that said, if the pack takes it it won't surprise me at all and won't discourage me, even if JC makes some mistakes that cost them the game. thats just gonna happen, esp. against good teams on the road. and weve still got lots of winnable games on the sked.

what i really wish is that i could just be there, checking out sweet old lambeau, drinking a few cold ones and talkin' old school ball w/ some cheeseheads. gonna be a great scene.

heres to a big Skins win.

Actually, our run game has not been very good, and the packers are tough to run on.

Very true despite popular belief. PORTIS has been good this year, but Betts has not. Portis needs to take another 5 carries a game I think for people to truely fear our running game again. What I like is that we're one of the most balanced teams in the NFL on both sides of the ball.

The thing that's disturbing about this game is:

Miami - everyone confident we win - we win barely

Philly - not much confidence we win - we win

Giants - everyone feels pretty good about it - we lose

Lions - lots of worry about this game - we win

Packers - people feeling good about our chances - ????

see the pattern?

Trends-Favre against the Redksins-Hmmm, not good for us. Now their 12th man is overrated, those fans get quiet real quick when any adversity hits their team on the field. The key is can we stop the famous Favre quick slants? And can Jason C step it up to the next level against a pretty ferocious Packer defense? I have two friends that are both excellent at predicting games. One said We win by 4 points the other said Favre will continue to shred us up. I say we come home with an improbable win. :):):):):) :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Without a doubt, the most intelligent enemy forum I have seen this year. Though I have to admit with NY and Philly being included the comp is not all that stiff.

I did't know they had so much trouble with TEs so Cooley could have a big day, and their thoughts on beating us with the PASS! Wow. I bet Driver is thrilled to know Taylor and Landry are lurking back there on every play.

We only win if we attack relentlessly. any second half play calling like the giants game and we will lose.

other then that, our D is too good. We are overall a better team.

lets see how much home field advantage helps them.

either way, this game will come down to a field goal something along the lines of

20-17

Lets not forget that Lambeu(sp?) field is not the same frigid, horrible place to play at in October, like it is in December. We did catch a break that we play them in the fall instead of the winter.

To me, the Packers are a better version of the Lions. They have the same characteristics, no running game, very good passing game. They have a respectable defense, but not an elite defense.

I think this is a very winnable game, and I would challenge anyone who thinks a coach like Joe Gibbs would allow his team to have a let down, hell he comments every week about how "we are playing a really good team" There is NO WAY Gibbs lets the guys have a let down, he is too smart of a coach and can smell a "trap game" a mile away.

I expect the Packers to be angry and try to take a bunch of shots downfield early, to get something established on offense.

Archived