Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crowd noise on Sunday

Stadium-Armory

dude...read what he wrote...The first thing he said was that he didnt go to the game.

Do people read threads or just find the negative things they want to ***** about and not read the rest. He was simply asking a question not talking smack.

SkinsNoles21 - The voice or reason once again. Thanks for the backup.. classy.

Try turning up your TV. IT was LOUD
It was surprisingly loud, given the heat/humidity.

The crowd was fired up. Probably a little too fired up. I saw a lot of fights/heated arguements breaking out.

Yelling first down and singing 'Hail to the Redskins' at Lions fans in our section was a lot of fun though!! :D

Another one of these. Can we go one week without someone making a dumb complaint about the crowd? Give it up we beasted the lions.

I was purposefully descriptive in the thread title, so those like your self who are uninterested in the topic could just ignore it. Or show blantatly that they just want to post hate for the sake of it. Job well done, you've once again shown your true colors (and that you can't spell).

I think the crowd was average as far as noise goes in the first half, and then toned down a little in the second half. Keep in mind that we're supposed to be loud on defense and quiet on offense. The truth is that the Lions never really did much to threaten. Aside from the drive that ended in the FG that made it 14-3, what did they really do all game? I think it was more of a case of the crowd not really feeling it needed to get into the game because of the way things were playing out on the field.

My only comments on the stadium yesterday:

- The upper deck seemed to fill up nicely as the game progressed, but was probably at most 70 percent full at kickoff

- I did notice commotion in the upper deck a couple of times, which must've been fights. Unfortunately, late in the game I saw two guys in Sec 328 going at it and one of them looked like he got bloodied pretty good. This in a game the Skins had well in hand......what are people thinking? I think "Skinsfan44" sits in that section......maybe he can comment. Also, some guy called into 980 post-game claiming he was seeing a lot of drunks and fights in the parking lot.....Andy and Doc blew him off.

- Kudos to the Skins for rolling out-of-town scores very regularly on the board which has the time-of-day. Mark The Homer must've gotten through.

- Gratuitous wine-and-cheese club level comment: I noticed before the Giants game that they had started the recarpet the area near the cigar bar. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like they made must progress since. They need to....after 10 years, that rug looks disgusting.

From 402, it was a helluva lot louder than usual. Towards the end of the game half of the stadium had left, which is dumb because we're the Redskins and it almost ALWAYS comes down to the end. I'd say a quarter of the attending fans missed Rogers's INT and half missed the sack to end the game.

While they were there, though, it was LOUD even though I lost ten pounds in sweat.

Why the hell would anyone leave that game? That's ridiculous. Give me tickets and I'm there 3 hours before kickoff and 3 hours after.

""Number one, who cares what you thought it sounded like on television. If you weren't at the game then you don't really have much reason to complain to the people THAT ACTUALLY SHOWED UP, do you?""

Hey Idiot. I have season tickets and gave them to a charity. I go to most games. No I didn't write the initial post, but it's people like you who have ruined everything about going to the game.

My family has had tickets for 50 years. Sometimes its okay to let your aunt, uncle, A disabled kid get to experience...................

In my 27 years of going I have heard lound and quiet stadiums. And yes yesterday on the TV seemed tame.

It was weak...which is about average for FedEx field. About 80% of our section was sitting down quiet on most 3rd downs (428) - par for the course pretty much.

2nd half was very weak. Understandably so really...Im normally very fired up but when it became apparent it was going to be a blowout I slowed things down and decided to save my tonsils. I dont blame others for doing the same. When we scored off of the Taylor INT I chilled out a bit.

First half - 2.5 stars out of 5.

Second - 2 stars

Pete was at the ES tailgate after the game. He said the crowd noise was absolutely DEAFENING on the sidelines.

I thought it was loud in my section, however the concrete was not shaking....that is the gauge (sp?) for me. That has been mostly for Eagle and/or Dallas games...Still WAY loud. I think my ears still feel blocked from the noise...

...and a side note. I realise that parents want to take their kids to the game...but is it necessary to take a tiny baby? I saw a few very very little babies, one only looked a couple weeks old. If my ears are ringing and feel blocked today - can you imagine was is happening to the little ears of the baby? ok rant over.

yesterday was the quietest of the 3 games this year. Miami game, people screamed their faces off every play. Giants game a little less. this week the crowd was more in Randy Moss play-when-we-wanna-play mode. i blame the heat and crappy Lions O.

i've sat in 130 all year and we're pros. we know when to scream and when to rest. the upper bowls in my experience are always quieter.

I wasnt at the Skins game, but I was at the Terps game the day before and it was HOT. I cant really blame the crowd if they were a little quieter than past weeks. It didnt sound too quiet.

And I cant believe people are still jumping on the thread starter when I dont think he could have possibly asked the question any more politely.

The 200 level of the visitor's side is always loud when the game gives us a reason to make noise.

I've sat in all different regions of the stadium and there's no doubt about the noise making capabilities of The Cave dwellers.

I sit in 221 and it was loud the whole game... A lot of people stayed seated but i was able to get a lot of people in my section and in the section to my right to get up and scream. The Stomping Zone wasnt bad, i know i was screaming my head off..

on a side note, it was nice seeing you yesterday bud...

I had Detroit fans coming by and shaking my hand after the game saying "you definately get this section going...i gotta give you props"

I was purposefully descriptive in the thread title, so those like your self who are uninterested in the topic could just ignore it. Or show blantatly that they just want to post hate for the sake of it. Job well done, you've once again shown your true colors (and that you can't spell).

blantatly ???? Come on man your better then that.

Archived