Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thrash and Rock doubters - Man up

The Rook

I have had to read and react to some of the ________ :mad: (fill in the blank) threads these past few weeks that have questioned the resolve and value of James and Rock to the team. For example:

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214265&highlight=Thrash

OK - you had your rant - MAN UP and post your attitude now!

It is NOT about the most talented - it is the person who wants it more!

These people have earned the right to wear the uniform - I am not attacking you, but I question your right to wear the colors.

I do not question your loyality to the team - just remember that this is not Fantasy League play - who will give it their all, all of the time? Rock and Thrash will not help you in Madden!

Thrash and Rock - players of which to be proud!

Gentlemen - I salute you.

Doubters - I await your retort.

(sound of crickets)

:helmet: The Rook

I am by no means a Rock hater, but what exactly did he do today that blew you away? Right place at the right time on the fumble. I love the guy, but it's not like he took one back for 6.

hes a ****in hustler. makes special team tackles play 3rd rb, what else can he do

I am by no means a Rock hater, but what exactly did he do today that blew you away? Right place at the right time on the fumble. I love the guy, but it's not like he took one back for 6.

The fact that it was him in that position and not someone else tells a lot about his hustle.

Rock may (arguable) of made the most valuable play of the game when he recovered the fumble on the 2 yrd line. His recovery sealed the victory, had he not been so heads up, the odds would of been against Detroit, but we would of let them back into the game with back to back turnovers in the red zone.

Rock has not broken a big one since Dallas a year ago, but consistently gives us good if not great field position, and seldom makes mistakes. To me he is a core Redskin. The same can be said for James Thrash.

i think it's a little excessive to question someone's right to wear the B&G because they didnt like the production out of our #3 WR and #3 RB.

yes, they have a lot of heart, but until today, thrash did not have a catch. i have always loved what rock brings to our team on special teams, and love seeing him in our uniform. thrash is another good special teamer, but it is fair to question his performance on offense, and wonder why we don't have a better WR3.

not doubting or hating here, just saying that you are jumping the gun a little. try to keep your accusations down and just give those two guys the kudos they deserve for stepping up when called upon today.

i think it's a little excessive to question someone's right to wear the B&G because they didnt like the production out of our #3 WR and #3 RB.

yes, they have a lot of heart, but until today, thrash did not have a catch. i have always loved what rock brings to our team on special teams, and love seeing him in our uniform. thrash is another good special teamer, but it is fair to question his performance on offense, and wonder why we don't have a better WR3.

not doubting or hating here, just saying that you are jumping the gun a little. try to keep your accusations down and just give those two guys the kudos they deserve for stepping up when called upon today.

I am not calling you out - in fact, you have some valid points.

HOWEVER - it is your first statement that led to my thread. ... they didnt like the production out of our #3 WR and #3 RB

They bring so much more to the team.

This really is a life example.

Do you not know someone who is talented, but unreliable or self-centered?

Don't you know someone, who is not as talented, but shows up for the hard work always?

If you don't, you aren't paying attention or you will.

I do not want to be-little great talent - I want to appreciate devotion.

I am not calling you out - in fact, you have some valid points.

HOWEVER - it is your first statement that led to my thread. ... they didnt like the production out of our #3 WR and #3 RB

They bring so much more to the team.

This really is a life example.

Do you not know someone who is talented, but unreliable or self-centered?

Don't you know someone, who is not as talented, but shows up for the hard work always?

If you don't, you aren't paying attention or you will.

I do not want to be-little great talent - I want to appreciate devotion.

first off, you aren't doubting me because i never said anything negative about them. secondly, you don't specify what people actually said about them, you just tell people that they aren't real fans because they talk trash on a couple guys.

all you have to do is say what a great job these guys did, it's tiring to see people calling each other out and trying to one-up each other on these boards. our entire team played great today, i'd love for us to learn how to pick up a fumble, but all in all we shut down a top offense, made them look sorry.

let's keep it positive

When a guy charges 80 yards down field like a madman, it's not lucky, or "being in the right place at the right time" when he recovers a fumble. Rock made his own luck by playing so hard, knowing that on most plays, his effort will go largely unnoticed. That's a real competitor and a real Redskin. I was happy to see him in there late in the fourth quarter getting a couple of carries.

I have to say it reminded me of that brilliant drive years ago when the #3 back, Nick Giaquinto (how's that for a blast from the past?) was put in. The Hogs were so dominant, little Nick, a total overachiever, wasn't touched until he carried the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Carry after carry, the Skins pounded it downfield. At the end of the drive - touchdown, Giaquinto.

When a team has that much heart, and that much respect for the less-well-known players, and is ready to fight that hard, good things happen. We saw some of that today, in a truly dominating performance.

Did you spot the graphic on Comcast's Redskins Live Postgame Report regarding pass receptions? Eight guys had at least one catch. That's very promising, and is another aspect of this team that recalls past great ones. The way a real Gibbs team can call on one man after another, in a variety of roles, to contribute, is a real weapon.

The new wide receiver McCardell got in on the act with two catches for 39 yards. Fullback Sellers ran, blocked, caught passes and generally destroyed defenders. Cooley continued to go over the middle and scare opponents. I'm feeling pretty good about this, and hoping it's a sign of things to come.

I cant remember if i posted on that thread or not, but i do know somewhere on the forum i said something along the lines of this. (and its still my the way i feel even now) Thrash is a great player, and a great redskins cause he's been with us for so long. A great special teams player obviously, but just not a WR type to be our #1 on a day like this. I still think lloyd should have played more, some deep balls thrown to Thrash are better suited for lloyd.

all in all, we won, thrash played great, but lloyd should have got some more looks

as for rock, he is the man.. a great hustler.big ups to him today

Ive always supported both of these guys. My favorite of the 2 is thrash. He has always been a solid player no matter what hes asked to do. His attitude, on and off the field, have been second to none. Never once have I heard this guy complain. I hate it when I hear fans talk bad about thrash. Hes a hell of a worker, and the league could use more like him.

I am one that said Thrash could do nothing on offense, and I was correct :) Someone said that Thrash was the #1 receiver today now that Moss was out which is why I said that. Anyways, he was amazing on the punt return. I didn't know the kid had it in him. Great job.

I never ever doubted Rock. The man constantly puts us in great field position on kickoffs and he had a great fumble recovery on a hustle play. Great job both of them so I'm here to sort of eat crow for bashing Thrash.

I have had to read and react to some of the ________ :mad: (fill in the blank) threads these past few weeks that have questioned the resolve and value of James and Rock to the team. For example:

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214265&highlight=Thrash

OK - you had your rant - MAN UP and post your attitude now!

It is NOT about the most talented - it is the person who wants it more!

These people have earned the right to wear the uniform - I am not attacking you, but I question your right to wear the colors.

I do not question your loyality to the team - just remember that this is not Fantasy League play - who will give it their all, all of the time? Rock and Thrash will not help you in Madden!

Thrash and Rock - players of which to be proud!

Gentlemen - I salute you.

Doubters - I await your retort.

(sound of crickets)

I personaly have never said a bad word about either one of them. I love them, but after a great win like this, when everyone is at their Zenith and all is right with the world, you gotta dig and try to start a bunch of BULL S***! Please give these "call out threads" a rest. We all love our team. Sometimes your craw might be a bit tighter than someone elses craw. NKAY?:2cents:

Archived