Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CLINTON PORTIS - EXTREME BLOCKs

BDawkinsSucks

How come no one ever talks about Portis' extreme blocks that he drops on these blitzing LBs/DBs.

So sick.

Did anyone see that block Portis laid on Pierce on a blitz up the middle that sprung Campbell for a 10 yd scramble in that Giants game?

That got everybody on their feet in the house where I was watching that game.

Anyone have that footage?

Here's some other previous footage: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhtObxQL3kY

People on this board talk about his blocking all the time. Are you referring to the media?

The blocking that Portis does is definitely a skill that not all RB's possess. I think a better point is it's not a thing most RB's are willing to do b/c they fear injuries. Portis' veins do not pump Kool-Aid, that's for sure.

Portis's blocking is uneffingbelievable. I swear, I am the biggest Sean Taylor fan out there, but Portis lays 'em out just as hard. And he doesn't HAVE to do that crap. There is NO other back in the LEAGUE, or 23-year-old memory, that has ever done what he does. I mean, damn.

Actually, there has been a great deal of talk about C.P.'s blocking and I'm going to hazard a guess and say yeah. Pretty sure that folks here saw that block.
People on this board talk about his blocking all the time. Are you referring to the media?

The blocking that Portis does is definitely a skill that not all RB's possess. I think a better point is it's not a thing most RB's are willing to do b/c they fear injuries. Portis' veins do not pump Kool-Aid, that's for sure.

Pretty sure it was the media. Even if it weren't, though, then I'll hijack the thread and make it about people in general, not just ESers.

Honestly, though, isn't it obvious? It's like in physics. Physicists are AMAZED by how an atom splits, just like we on ES are amazed with how Portis blocks. The media/rest of the world doesn't notice that, it just notices, "Wow, bomb go big boom!!!!"

yes finally a video of his blocking! i wanted to see the clip from the giants game where he laid out antonio pierce. that was amazing

CP is THE best RB blocker in the league, bar none. There's just no one else who puts people on the floor. watch that video, there's plays where he is laying out 2 people at once.

He seems to enjoy it too. Can't say exactly what it is that gives me that impression, but he seems to really like laying to a defensive player coming back there. You see a blitz, see C.P. back there, and things seem to be okay.

I've been telling you guys this about CP since I became a member on this site. Why he isn't getting 75% of the time on the field instead of splitting it 60/40 or whatever with Betts is beyond me? The guy is so good at all phases of the game. Nice vid. He's always been one of the better pass pro Backs in the league

HTTR

I've been telling you guys this about CP since I became a member on this site. Why he isn't getting 75% of the time on the field instead of splitting it 60/40 or whatever with Betts is beyond me? The guy is so good at all phases of the game. Nice vid. He's always been one of the better pass pro Backs in the league

HTTR

Exactly, Ladell Betts is a great change of pace back. He isnt a back that you split carries 60/40 or 50/50 though. Especially when you obviously have one of the top all around backs in the league.

Archived