Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog: Coach Joe Is On The Warpath/Moss Doubtful (Merged)

arkowi

Damn, Gibbs is PO'ed...looks good for biz this weekend:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/10/coach_joe_is_on_the_warpathmos.html?nav=rss_blog

Coach Joe Is On The Warpath/Moss Doubtful

Wow, Coach Joe wanted no part of the media today (can't blame him for that) and engaged in some of testy exchanges. Made for good theatre.

Okay, Ill get back to that in a minute. First the news.

Santana did not practice and is listed as doubtful. He didn't rule himself out, but after not practicing all week and just running a few routes Gibbs did not sound like he would play. Said there is a chance Santana could take warmups Sunday and maybe sneak into the active roster, but it sounded remote.

Also, Lloyd was back to practice and Mike Sellers missed most of practice with his heel injury, largely as a precaution.

As for Coach Gibbs, he certainly had his game face on. Any reporter who has been around here more than 30 seconds learned long ago that coach Joe is never going to say much the later you get in the week and people looking for flowery quotes on Friday in particular are barking up the wrong tree.

Today he was downright ornery - and if I'm a Skins fan I'm all in favor of that. He looked like he was ready to crack a head or two if need be. It started off well enough but after 90 seconds he got worked up, his arms started pumping. The man was animated

It started when one of the guys from the Times (DLD) mentioned the 0-20 record the Lions have here in DC - something Gibbs already talked about earlier in the week - and the man started getting a lather. "It's ridiculous," Gibbs started, and then went on a rant. Segued into: "We won Super Bowls here before, right now we can't win anything." He then dropped a "swinging soul" bomb - about as close as this man will ever get to cursing. "We need to get A win someWAY, and it's going to take every swinging soul we've got." (Am I the only one who smells a Swinging Soul T-shirt here?).

Seemed like this would be a good time to let the man walk, and Coach Joe was already heading towards the locker room as he concluded this response, then my fellow Baltimoron, Jerry Coleman from Sportstalk 980 alluded to some comments that Gibbs allegedly made to George Michael during an interview about wanting to run the ball 70 percent of the time, and I turned the recorder off and just took it all in.

Coach Joe must have grunted the word balance six times in the exchange. "I have never said that my entire life! It's balance." (This reminded me of two things - a geology professor I has in Syracuse who would randomly yell out "Balance!" during his lectures to wake people up who fell asleep, and also the dude in Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science" video, whose yelling "Science!" in the background.)

So, now we're ready to play some football! That's what I'm talking about. Bring on the Lions.

I'm sure someone else will beat me to this, but, from JLC:

Coach Joe Is On The Warpath/Moss Doubtful

Wow, Coach Joe wanted no part of the media today (can't blame him for that) and engaged in some of testy exchanges. Made for good theatre.

Okay, Ill get back to that in a minute. First the news.

Santana did not practice and is listed as doubtful. He didn't rule himself out, but after not practicing all week and just running a few routes Gibbs did not sound like he would play. Said there is a chance Santana could take warmups Sunday and maybe sneak into the active roster, but it sounded remote.

Also, Lloyd was back to practice and Mike Sellers missed most of practice with his heel injury, largely as a precaution.

As for Coach Gibbs, he certainly had his game face on. Any reporter who has been around here more than 30 seconds learned long ago that coach Joe is never going to say much the later you get in the week and people looking for flowery quotes on Friday in particular are barking up the wrong tree.

Today he was downright ornery - and if I'm a Skins fan I'm all in favor of that. He looked like he was ready to crack a head or two if need be. It started off well enough but after 90 seconds he got worked up, his arms started pumping. The man was animated

It started when one of the guys from the Times (DLD) mentioned the 0-20 record the Lions have here in DC - something Gibbs already talked about earlier in the week - and the man started getting a lather. "It's ridiculous," Gibbs started, and then went on a rant. Segued into: "We won Super Bowls here before, right now we can't win anything." He then dropped a "swinging soul" bomb - about as close as this man will ever get to cursing. "We need to get A win someWAY, and it's going to take every swinging soul we've got." (Am I the only one who smells a Swinging Soul T-shirt here?).

Seemed like this would be a good time to let the man walk, and Coach Joe was already heading towards the locker room as he concluded this response, then my fellow Baltimoron, Jerry Coleman from Sportstalk 980 alluded to some comments that Gibbs allegedly made to George Michael during an interview about wanting to run the ball 70 percent of the time, and I turned the recorder off and just took it all in.

Coach Joe must have grunted the word balance six times in the exchange. "I have never said that my entire life! It's balance." (This reminded me of two things - a geology professor I has in Syracuse who would randomly yell out "Balance!" during his lectures to wake people up who fell asleep, and also the dude in Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science" video, whose yelling "Science!" in the background.)

So, now we're ready to play some football! That's what I'm talking about. Bring on the Lions.

Gibbs on the warpath/Moss doubtful

He's either angry about the Giants game and how they played and is ready to unleash hell on the Lions or he is angry after a lackluster week of practice and is not looking forward to Sunday. My bet is about 10 people argue that he's a man on a mission, 10 people argue that he's a frustrated old windbag, this one goes 5+ pages back and forth before we all conclude that we hate Brandon Lloyd.

Now this is what I like to hear. An animated Coach Gibbs, pissed off, angry, passionate. This will be great if it translates to the players on the field. I want us to pound the Lions, pound them some more, and not let up. Should be a very physical game. :applause:

if Gibbs is fired up at the presser the boys will be fired up on sunday.

:yikes:.........Joe's:kungfu: mad? :excited:

He finally has had it :wavetowel

This makes me think of the "ole" days :drool::yes: ; and just a couple of years ago;

Joe is kinda like: "When momma's mad ain't no body happy"; and hearing this makes me:jump:

So here we go..................."Swingin' Soul Train"..........(:rotflmao: :rotflmao: )...........get on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be winnin' us some football~and our receivers will be catchin' 'em! GO JASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consistent with my feeling ever since the Giants game ended, and as I wrote to a friend not 1/2 hour ago:

"My guess is coach knows how crucial this game is to the season, and by extension to Gibbs II. If he still has the ability to focus and motivate a team that made him "Joe Gibbs" in the first place, this is the game it will show. Same if he does not."

I cannot overstate how crucial I think this game is to the immediate future of this organization. Life is full of crossroads moments--many you don't recognize until long after they've passed. Not this time. This one stands out.

Looks like Gibbs might sense it too.

He's either angry about the Giants game and how they played and is ready to unleash hell on the Lions or he is angry after a lackluster week of practice and is not looking forward to Sunday. My bet is about 10 people argue that he's a man on a mission, 10 people argue that he's a frustrated old windbag, this one goes 5+ pages back and forth before we all conclude that we hate Brandon Lloyd.

And trade CP because Dan is the debil for pushing both 70th & 75th anniversary jerseys.

He's probably PO'd about the Giants game and all of the media scrutiny that has followed them for the past two weeks. Losing before the bye week will do that to you. And i like it!! ;)

Consistent with my feeling ever since the Giants game ended, and as I wrote to a friend not 1/2 hour ago:

"My guess is coach knows how crucial this game is to the season, and by extension to Gibbs II. If he still has the ability to focus and motivate a team that made him "Joe Gibbs" in the first place, this is the game it will show. Same if he does not."

I cannot overstate how crucial I think this game is to the immediate future of this organization. Life is full of crossroads moments--many you don't recognize until long after they've passed. Not this time. This one stands out.

Looks like Gibbs might sense it too.

And we need every "swinging soul" in the stadium to be cheering as the 12th man when the defense is on the field as well! It's not just the players and coaches that need to get fired up....it's every "swinging" Redskin fan!

HTTR

Archived