Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those so-called Redskin Fans

Redskins4ever

Okay! I dont have a dog in this fight. But could it be we just had a bad half of football? I think some of us are over reacting to this lost.

I will admit, I'm not impressed with gibbs this time around. But to say I dont want him as my coach anymore? I think its to early in the season for that.

Look guys, We are 2-1. If we would have lost to philly and beat the Giants we would not even be having this convo. Because I know most of us pick them to lose to Philly and beat the gmen.

I know I know, It was horrrid lost. I'm still angered by it, But the total melt down I'm seeing around here is funny.

We got 13 games to go. I think that this team was smelling itself and got the big head and came out in the second half and got beat..........plan and simple. stop trying to over do it because thats what happend. I have watch tha game 3 times and thats what I saw. its over, done, finished.

Has the coaching been great?NO. But I think we have plenty of raw talent to when 10 games.

So look! Everybody chill out. We are going to beat the F*** out of Detroit and this will all be forgoten.

CHILL!

just because they weren't dominant doesn't mean that they were conservative. See 1983. And if you think Gibbs is conservative by nature, he's anything but. In his first year here in 1981, they started out 0-5, mainly because Gibbs wanted to throw the ball all over the place like Steve Spurrier or Air Corryel(Joe's mentor). He quickly learned that you had to run the ball and 11 games later and a 8-3 finish later, the rest is history.

If you re-read my post, I edited it. I said in 1983 and 1991, we were NOT conservative. Plus, I witnessed the games in 1982. We were conservative during the regular season and rode Mosely for 8 of 9 wins. Then we rode the back of Riggins in the playoffs. In 1983, we threw the ball all around. Only 1983 and 1991 were the only YEARS I would not consider Joe conservative.

Everyone is talking about Bill Cower. Well, Cower couldn't take his Steelers to the playoffs the following year after winning it all, could he? How many NFL coaches from Gibbs era who was successful came back to even attempt to do what he's doing now? Not Mike Ditka, not Chuck Noll, not John Robinson, not John Madden, not Tom Flores, not Don Coryell, not anyone but maybe Parcells and Bill Parcells wasn't even gone from the game for the duration of time Gibbs was gone.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop abusing the head coach. If you can't be a true diehard Redskin fan, then cheer for some other NFL franchise. You sound like undercover Dallas Cowboy fans.

Note: If Joe Gibbs can coach the Redskins to a divisional playoff round in only his second season back after a twelve year hiatus, then he can take them do the Super Bowl too.

REDSKINS4EVER

I agree fully with you 4ever, thats what I've been saying, who are we going to get thats better and no one can answer that.

being a true fan doesnt mean wear the homer goggles 24/7. A true fan wants whats best for the team

I think Gibbs should go, that doesnt make me any less of a fan as i want this team to WIN

I do not think it makes you less a fan to question the coach or say "Gibbs should go"; however I do question your reasoning behind saying it.

shut the **** up

May want to come back and edit that one. Could almost get the impression you're attacking the poster and not the post. And as you well know, that's against the rules here. Betting you can do better than that response as well. Just sayin'.

May want to come back and edit that one. Could almost get the impression you're attacking the poster and not the post. And as you well know, that's against the rules here. Betting you can do better than that response as well. Just sayin'.

I respect the way that you approached that so I'll not ignore you :cheers:

I do not think it makes you less a fan to question the coach or say "Gibbs should go"; however I do question your reasoning behind saying it.

There is nothing wrong with that at all. you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. Isnt that what message boards are for? :cheers:

Do you honestly think that someone else could be doing a better job right now, and if so who?

Yes I do find that someone else could be doing a better job. Hell, i think Gibbs himself can be doing a better job however he just isnt. I am not only saying this because of one half of football. I wasnt impressed with our offense in our 2 wins this year, nor was i impressed with it last year. I'll cut some slack for last year as we had brunell and a virgin Campbell under center.

I am curious tho, as i see you are younger then me. I have never seen Gibbs 1.0 so i am unfit to comment on how he was. So my judgements are based solely on his second stint. How much of Gibbs 1.0 have you seen and watched. Do you have enough information that is made up in your own mind to justify his awesomeness? Or do you just say "I GIBBS I TRUST" Because of all these older people who still have faith since they witnessed Gibbs 1.0 first hand?

So, as I said, I have not seen any of Gibbs 1.0, however, with his track record I find it VERY plausible that he can be the man. However, in his second time around I see very little evidence that he can, and if this trend continues, then it is time for him to go. Look at our offense, we should be rivaling the cowboys for the Number one offense. lets make a comparison.

Owens - Moss

Witten - Cooley

Romo sits to pee - Campbell

Jones + Barber - Portis + Betts

Why are we struggling to put up 20, while they put up 35 with ease.

Lets remember what Gibbs adopted shall we?

AWFUL qb situation

AWFUL rb situation

Laverneus Coles as #1 receiver and nothing else at wr

Good foundation at ol; but wasn't that good outside of ot

DL was awful

LB was average at best

DB best part of team

Now to take a look at that here's what we have now...

Great foundation in young qb

Great rb corps

Good wr corps: now we have 2 actual threats including a top 5 te

Good ol; even though they are hurt, we're still a top 5 ol

Average dl; still improved from when Gibbs got here; we now have Carter and some good young depth at dt

Great lb corps: Great olb and great youth in rocky and hb.

DB; probably the only part that has taken a hit in Gibbs era, but we still have a true #1 corner, but now the best safety tandem for the next 10-15 years and we have great depth at cb position.

So I ask anyone who says Gibbs II has been a failure, HOW? Forget the playoff appearance in his 2nd year when we really didn't have much business there with an old qb and a defense and running game that literally carried us through, how is Gibbs II such a failure? I admit, that I think bringing in Saunders wasn't a good idea, but who thought that when we signed Saunders? Who said, "Wow Gibbs should have a bigger ego and shouldn't be willing to let someone else succeed with our offense?" Exactly. He did what he thought it would take to win. And that's why he's the best and I will ALWAYS trust Gibbs

HAIL

Yes I do find that someone else could be doing a better job. Hell, i think Gibbs himself can be doing a better job however he just isnt. I am not only saying this because of one half of football. I wasnt impressed with our offense in our 2 wins this year, nor was i impressed with it last year. I'll cut some slack for last year as we had brunell and a virgin Campbell under center.

I am curious tho, as i see you are younger then me. I have never seen Gibbs 1.0 so i am unfit to comment on how he was. So my judgements are based solely on his second stint. How much of Gibbs 1.0 have you seen and watched. Do you have enough information that is made up in your own mind to justify his awesomeness? Or do you just say "I GIBBS I TRUST" Because of all these older people who still have faith since they witnessed Gibbs 1.0 first hand?

So, as I said, I have not seen any of Gibbs 1.0, however, with his track record I find it VERY plausible that he can be the man. However, in his second time around I see very little evidence that he can, and if this trend continues, then it is time for him to go. Look at our offense, we should be rivaling the cowboys for the Number one offense. lets make a comparison.

Owens - Moss

Witten - Cooley

They have had a qb with the same offensive system for the last 3-4 years. JC has had one year in the same system along with the rest of the offense. If we keep Saunder for another year after this year (which I don't think we will) than I think our offense would be EXPLOSIVE next year at the latest. That's if Saunders is not handcuffed and the players buy into the system, which I don't think either will ever happen.

They have had a qb with the same offensive system for the last 3-4 years. JC has had one year in the same system along with the rest of the offense. If we keep Saunder for another year after this year (which I don't think we will) than I think our offense would be EXPLOSIVE next year at the latest. That's if Saunders is not handcuffed and the players buy into the system, which I don't think either will ever happen.

Dallas has a new OC who has modified the system along with a new HC who I'm sure has some modifications as well. So your point on him being in that system doesnt work so well.

Also you do mention that saunders is handcuffed. Who is handcuffing him? Joe Gibbs. Why does he take control inside the red zone. He has stated that he calls the plays. Saunders didnt know why portis wasnt on the field on the last series. does that sound like a Saunders offense? Why do we have terrible clock management? Isn't that the HC's responsibility?

Lets remember what Gibbs adopted shall we?

AWFUL qb situation

AWFUL rb situation

Laverneus Coles as #1 receiver and nothing else at wr

Good foundation at ol; but wasn't that good outside of ot

DL was awful

LB was average at best

DB best part of team

Now to take a look at that here's what we have now...

Great foundation in young qb

Great rb corps

Good wr corps: now we have 2 actual threats including a top 5 te

Good ol; even though they are hurt, we're still a top 5 ol

Average dl; still improved from when Gibbs got here; we now have Carter and some good young depth at dt

Great lb corps: Great olb and great youth in rocky and hb.

DB; probably the only part that has taken a hit in Gibbs era, but we still have a true #1 corner, but now the best safety tandem for the next 10-15 years and we have great depth at cb position.

So I ask anyone who says Gibbs II has been a failure, HOW? Forget the playoff appearance in his 2nd year when we really didn't have much business there with an old qb and a defense and running game that literally carried us through, how is Gibbs II such a failure? I admit, that I think bringing in Saunders wasn't a good idea, but who thought that when we signed Saunders? Who said, "Wow Gibbs should have a bigger ego and shouldn't be willing to let someone else succeed with our offense?" Exactly. He did what he thought it would take to win. And that's why he's the best and I will ALWAYS trust Gibbs

HAIL

Very selective with those posts. You cite "good ol" for Gibbs II but how different are the key players on the line from prior (not including injuries as you cited) and i beleive R. Thomas was here (he plays OG)

Awful RB situation? Didnt we have Betts?

Wr-interesting, moss outshined coles once, coles currently outshining moss. Blloyd one of the worst moves in the history of the league.

Has gibbs added some good players and made some very nice moves? Yes!

But has there been a bunch of failures as well? Yes!

What matters the most is wins and losses and there are 6 more losses than wins.:2cents:

If you re-read my post, I edited it. I said in 1983 and 1991, we were NOT conservative. Plus, I witnessed the games in 1982. We were conservative during the regular season and rode Mosely for 8 of 9 wins. Then we rode the back of Riggins in the playoffs. In 1983, we threw the ball all around. Only 1983 and 1991 were the only YEARS I would not consider Joe conservative.

no offense, but you would call doing what you do best(running with Riggins) conservative? I would call it smart. Sometimes you just don't have the horses to put up 50 every game. The receiving corps was young and/or full of guys that weren't really superstars. Monk was in his 3rd season and was injured and missed the playoffs. We had guys like Charley Brown who was a middle round pick out of a divsion 2 school in his 2nd season. Virgil Seay was a 2nd year receiver, who was about 5'6 in high heels and he was out of the league shortly after that 82 season. Alvin Garrett never really played for us until the playoffs started and even then, he was never a big time gamebreaking receiver. Clint Didier was in his 2nd season and really didn't get the ball. Doc Walker was the starting Tight End and he was never worth a damn to begin with. They didn't really have the personel to be a wide open "throw up 50 on ya every game" team in 1982 and the strike that cost them 7 games didn't really help the passing game gel. Throw in noodle arm Joe Theismann and you couldn't have expected them to be a dominant passing team. Running with Riggins was the smart thing to do and it carried them to a Super Bowl. That's not conservative it's coaching to your players strengths, something Gibbs was known for.

And I don't really have time to get into all of the other seasons, but if 83 and 91 were the only seasons you wouldn't call Gibbs conservative you must have slept through 1989. You know when The Redskins became the first team in NFL history to host three 1000 yard receivers on the same team in the same season. Gibbs didn't even have a 1000 yard back that year, doesn't sound conservative to me. In 1986 Jay Schroeder threw for over 4000 yards and set a team record that wasn't broken until Brad Johnson's 99 season. 4000 yards passing isn't ever conservative.

I really think a lot of you guys are talking yourself into the "Joe Gibbs is conservative" mindset when he really never has been. He coaches smart and if that comes off as conservative so be it. Bottom line is the guy wants to win and he'll do whatever it takes. Sometimes you don't have the players to play a certain way. You have to play to their strengths and believe me Gibbs and Saunders are working on it. You can't come in with a system and say okay it's going to work no matter who's playing for me...no, it doesn't go that way. You have to custom fit it around your guys and it takes time. You've gotta be patient and not let one half of football influence opinions on things like this because it just isn't true.

I hope my other post answers your question

Dallas has a new OC who has modified the system along with a new HC who I'm sure has some modifications as well. So your point on him being in that system doesnt work so well.

Also you do mention that saunders is handcuffed. Who is handcuffing him? Joe Gibbs. Why does he take control inside the red zone. He has stated that he calls the plays. Saunders didnt know why portis wasnt on the field on the last series. does that sound like a Saunders offense? Why do we have terrible clock management? Isn't that the HC's responsibility?

Where was the offensive coordinator last year? Cowgirls qb coach, using the same system.

Looking at the film, the oline didn't block that well, CP or Betts wasn't getting in. If you want to bring in quotes, listen to CP. I'm as big a CP fan as anyone, but he wasn't getting through that penetration. And as far as clock management is concerned, if our oline blocks, we're not discussing clock management. We got down to the goalline in a minute. That sounds like pretty good clock management to me. Could we have done better at the 1? yes, but at the same time, how many times do we normall score at the opponents 1? 9 out of 10 times.

Owens - Moss

Witten - Cooley

I dont get you,. If your cutting Gibbs slack from last year than you have to go back to 2005 if you forget last year, and if you do that , you must want Gibbs head for going 10-6,winning a playoff game, and going 2-1 this year, makes no sense to me

Archived