Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those so-called Redskin Fans

Redskins4ever

It's not one game.

It's his entire tenure he has been here.

Show me GibbsII's record, and then try to tell me he is the best coach in the league, or whatever nonsense you are spewing.

Something isn't right. 2-1 isn't much to brag about. We tied MIAMI---who blows---at home. The coin flip goes the other way, and we are sitting here 1-2.

The franchise is not in a healthy position, nor has it been under GibbsII. Something is askew. If I could tell you what it is, I could solve all our problems. But we keep making questionable roster moves and somehow managing to screwup on the field.

You couldn't be any more wrong then to suggest that a fan of the team must find the coach to be without fault. Be a Gibbs fan all you want. I'm a Redskins fan. And if someone isn't part of the solution, then they are part of the problem to me.

Don't forget the lofty 17 points a game.

I love that Gibbs came back. I DO NOT want Cowher as our head coach and I damn sure don't want Gibbs to be fired or quit. I DO however want him to adapt to the modern game and let Saunders do his job and take the handcuffs off.

I'm getting sick of this "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. It's just crazy to talk about a coach that has lead your team to all of their Super Bowls and is the best coach in NFL history because you lost a game.

Like Coach Gibbs said in his book Fourth and One, there are those fans that will scream "go for it" on 4th and 1 and then boo you when you don't get the first down. If you bash Joe Gibbs then you aren't a fan in my book.

keep living in the 80's and frankly no one made you judge and jury of who are fans and who aren't. Keep it to yourself.

Oh great. My favorite kind of thread where the complete homer lemming fans attempt to call out the fans that possess the ability to use information to form logical, rational thought. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I understand though. It is also logical that after 15 years of almost exclusive ****ty football from the Redskins that we'd collect our share of Chicago Cub-like fans around here. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Here, read this thread below to see why a lot of fans feel that there is a very good possibility that this coaching staff can't get the job done. When Gibbs came back in 2004 we all expected a lot of changes that still haven't happened. The team is better, but 1982-1991 better? No freaking way.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46943

Thank God we have you here to see and speak the truth, skinsn24.

I think we'd be lost without you.

Hey, the pukes are winning...maybe you could root for them?

Just a thought.

Always your argument. When a Redskins fan doesn't 100% agree with your propaganda, we're suddenly Dallass fans. Whatever gets you up in the morning. Your more at home in the ATN, where most of the Dallass fans actully beleive your crap.

Of course, I agree.

I am one of those 'so called' fans who actually like to see their team progress instead of regress. I like to voice my concerns regarding this team if I see a glaring problem. Maybe not as much as some but, I do my share. Whether it be pointing out the flaws of my hero--someone who I look up to and envy--Joe Gibbs ( I WILL meet him atleast once in my life or would be seriously pissed) . Or even someone as simple as a player on one of the lines.

I am not 'bashing' the player or coach out of hate. Rather, I am pointing out said flaw and voicing my concern on why it is a problem.

For some reason, that is a problem. It doesn't fall under the category of 'being a fan'. But, you know what? I don't give a ****. I know what I like and don't like. I know what team I choose to root for and not root for. I know what players I like and shows a lot of potential and progress, and even the ones that either don't right now or at all.

I may not be the poster fan but, that doesn't make me any less or more of a fan than anyone else on this friggin website. I log onto this site because I love this team.

How dare anyone on this site question my fandom because I choose to root in a different manner.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Ignorance blinds you from the reality of the truth behind that saying. Just because I choose to root for my 'Skins in a different manner than you, doesn't mean :pooh: !

Uhh. He's on your side.

There is a difference between bashing and being critical in a constuctive manner.

Do you have any posts on this message board where you voice a concern and how to correct it? Or just look at everything as being rosy.

Good thing you don't watch the news. You would have a heartattack to see what reality is. ;)

See, that's what gets to me. There are too many in here that Bash the team too hard. Then when one of us offers constuctive criticism about the team, we're branded haters.

On the other hand, you have some in here that see the Redskins or Gibbs that can do know wrong. Are they smoking something I haven't? Are they that delusional.

I can still be a fan, still have a passion for my team, still love Joe Gibbs and still sit in front of the TV every game to root for the same team I've rooted for since 1976. I can also be critical, point out problems and not be happy with the current product on the field.

That doesn't make me a better fan or a worse fan. It makes me a loyal fan. A fan that can see the good AND bad in my team. When you stray too far to one side, that's when I question how loyal or what kind of agenda you really have.

I agree.

When Gibbs leaves people will be crying once we get some sketchball coach in here to replace him.

Be grateful and enjoy it while you can. Our coach is a great leader and an even better person.

That said, there are some things that bother me.

First, the praying during crucial moments in games: Now, there's surely no harm in praying on the sidelines during a game-winning field goal attempt, but I just think it's weird if not wrong. I just wish he showed more confidence on the sidelines and, even if he's not confident, at least exude confidence. Have faith in your players and not god when it comes to a game-winning field goal. I think calls like kicking a field goal in OT on first down and attempting a field goal with 14 seconds on the clock before a half are examples of his lack of confidence and cut-throat, kick-ass attitude. I just wish he had more of that. Not too much, but balance the conservative nature and self fear.

why do we bash our head coach?

21-27 for his first 3 years back

any other coach other than the almighty legend would have been fired, especially under snyder, but he cant fire gibbs because that would be business suicide.

so you get 3 years to turn around a team and that's it?

By what you say, if all coaches that have a combined losing record after 3 years should be fired, then shouldn't like 1/3 of all coaches be fired every year? Not every team in the nfl can win all the time... you have winning records, and therefore, somebody must have losing records.

Not every coach would be fired after 3 years with that record... that's just false. It's been so long since the Skins had stability here that we can't even stand it when we have it.

Gibbs II so far has been less than stellar. He is not the same coach and if you can't see that maybe you don't know as much about the 'Skins as you think you do. Simply put, Gibbs coaches scared. He never really had a killer instinct but he was a great coach who made excellent halftime adjustments.

Now, he just seems like a nice guy who can't coach too well. It's sad but true.

Not so, nobody complained about Gibbs playing scared when he won 3 superbowls, and was conservitive then to, now wasn't he

Oh great. My favorite kind of thread where the complete homer lemming fans attempt to call out the fans that possess the ability to use information to form logical, rational thought. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I understand though. It is also logical that after 15 years of almost exclusive ****ty football from the Redskins that we'd collect our share of Chicago Cub-like fans around here. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here, read this thread below to see why a lot of fans feel that there is a very good possibility that this coaching staff can't get the job done. When Gibbs came back in 2004 we all expected a lot of changes that still haven't happened. The team is better, but 1982-1991 better? No freaking way.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46943

boy i will be glad when our coach wins,what is it 3 or 4 games to get to 500 as Gibbs 2 you act like hes lost all our games hes only lost 3 or 4 more than he has won, thats an improvment ,If I were him I would resign cause yall sure dont want him here

I agree.

When Gibbs leaves people will be crying once we get some sketchball coach in here to replace him.

Be grateful and enjoy it while you can. Our coach is a great leader and an even better person.

First, the praying during crucial moments in games: Now, there's surely no harm in praying on the sidelines during a game-winning field goal attempt, but I just think it's weird if not wrong. I just wish he showed more confidence on the sidelines and, even if he's not confident, at least exude confidence. Have faith in your players and not god when it comes to a game-winning field goal. I think calls like kicking a field goal in OT on first down and attempting a field goal with 14 seconds on the clock before a half are examples of his lack of confidence and cut-throat, kick-ass attitude. I just wish he had more of that. Not too much, but balance the conservative nature and self fear.

What now we have an athiest, well thats okay, i dont think its wrong to prey anywhere if you desire, thats your right

I agree.

shows confidence in your kicker, and oh by the way i thought we won that game so it was a great call

so you get 3 years to turn around a team and that's it?

By what you say, if all coaches that have a combined losing record after 3 years should be fired, then shouldn't like 1/3 of all coaches be fired every year? Not every team in the nfl can win all the time... you have winning records, and therefore, somebody must have losing records.

Not every coach would be fired after 3 years with that record... that's just false. It's been so long since the Skins had stability here that we can't even stand it when we have it.

most coaches that have double digit losing season 2/3 years get the axe. it took gibbs 1 year in his first stint to turn this team into a juggernaut. it took lovie smith a year or two? it didnt take marvin lewis to turn the bengals into a solid team (they have no defense but their o is insane).

how long do we give gibbs? if we go 7-9 this season, does he get another free pass? it shouldnt take half a decade to build some sort of momentum. we have drafted poorly, brought in bad free agents, and not had great coaching in terms of clock management and playcalling.

i dont understand why people think it takes forever to build a winning team. if you draft well and have good coaching it shouldnt take that long.

most coaches that have double digit losing season 2/3 years get the axe. it took gibbs 1 year in his first stint to turn this team into a juggernaut. it took lovie smith a year or two? it didnt take marvin lewis to turn the bengals into a solid team (they have no defense but their o is insane).

how long do we give gibbs? if we go 7-9 this season, does he get another free pass? it shouldnt take half a decade to build some sort of momentum. we have drafted poorly, brought in bad free agents, and not had great coaching in terms of clock management and playcalling.

i dont understand why people think it takes forever to build a winning team. if you draft well and have good coaching it shouldnt take that long.

If you've got someone that you know can do a better job with Daniel Snyder as an owner, I'd sure like to find out who?

Not so, nobody complained about Gibbs playing scared when he won 3 superbowls, and was conservitive then to, now wasn't he

EDIT: This was talking about the seasons as a whole not just the SB games themselves.

SB 17 conservative

SB 18 not conservative- same team as 82 and put up a record 543 points

SB 22 Semi-conservative- instability at QB as Jay Schroeder couldn't follow up on his 4,000 yard (not censervative) 1986 season

SB 26 Second highest scoring offense in team history, 6 shutouts and scores of 56-17, 45-0, 41-14, etc, not conservative.

SB 17 conservative

SB 18 not conservative- same team as 82 and put up a record 543 points

SB 22 Semi-conservative- instability at QB as Jay Schroeder couldn't follow up on his 4,000 yard (not censervative) 1986 season

SB 26 Second highest scoring offense in team history, 6 shutouts and scores of 56-17, 45-0, 41-14, etc, not conservative.

SB 17 conservative? You call going for it on 4th and 1, down 3 points with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl conservative?

SB 22- Jay Schroeder was a head case and Gibbs kept trying to get Schroeder's head on right but he never could and Doug Williams was never that good, that 87 team was probably the least talented of all of them, they weren't conservative, they just weren't dominant.

SB 26 was joe Gibbs football. They ran ran ran and took their shots deep, that's what he wants to do, but we aren't doing that very well right now.

If it was 3 years in a row with 10+ losses then I'd agree with you.

But the huge factor here is that we went to the playoffs two years ago and won a playoff game. That means a lot and shows that Gibbs can still do it.

Things in the NFL can be incredibly fickle as well. It's only 4 games that can turn a 6-10 season into a 10-6 season. Injuries, badly officiated games, and downright bad luck can sometimes wreak havoc on a season. In the long run, you should see successful seasons more often than not if you've got a good coach. Well, we've only had 3 so far with Gibbs II and one of those turned out really well. Let's see how we do this year and go from there.

Archived