Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those so-called Redskin Fans

Redskins4ever

He has gone 4 years without a superbowl win--get it straight lol.

The point isnt just coach joe, its the entire organization.

But you want to cite draft picks that we didnt have? Gibbs traded most of them away or has been very happy to trade them away.

We signed mega free agents under gibbs as well.

The clock management has been a problem for 4 years now, i hope to god it improves but it is not excuseable.

I was saying that it has been a Super Bowl drought for 3 years. If you go back 4 then you go back to the Super Bowl year. I should have made that clearer.

We were talking about hating on Joe so please don't change the subject.

I will concede that a good number of draft picks have been traded and free agent signings have been made under Gibbs. Vinny Cerrato has been making those moves though.

If clock management is your biggest problem then you don't have a very bad situation, now do you?

I was saying that it has been a Super Bowl drought for 3 years. If you go back 4 then you go back to the Super Bowl year. I should have made that clearer.

We were talking about hating on Joe so please don't change the subject.

I will concede that a good number of draft picks have been traded and free agent signings have been made under Gibbs. Vinny Cerrato has been making those moves though.

If clock management is your biggest problem then you don't have a very bad situation, now do you?

No you are incorrect. Gibbs coached 1 year after his superbowl year. Then he has coached 3 years here in Gibbs II and now we are in the 4th year. So its been like 4.2.

So not to be rude but i cannot debate facts as they are facts and set in stone.

Vinny has not made any of the moves according to this organization. Gibbs is team president and has 100% final say on everything. Again i cannot debate a factual matter.

HTTR

No you are incorrect. Gibbs coached 1 year after his superbowl year. Then he has coached 3 years here in Gibbs II and now we are in the 4th year. So its been like 4.2.

Vinny has not made any of the moves according to this organization. Gibbs is team president and has 100% final say on everything. Again i cannot debate a factual matter.

HTTR

I've always been under the impression that the team president isn't the one making the trades or free agent signings. I thought it was the general manager and since the Redskins don't have one I would assume that the Director of Player Personnel would take care of it.

It's not one game.

It's his entire tenure he has been here.

Show me GibbsII's record, and then try to tell me he is the best coach in the league, or whatever nonsense you are spewing.

Something isn't right. 2-1 isn't much to brag about. We tied MIAMI---who blows---at home. The coin flip goes the other way, and we are sitting here 1-2.

The franchise is not in a healthy position, nor has it been under GibbsII. Something is askew. If I could tell you what it is, I could solve all our problems. But we keep making questionable roster moves and somehow managing to screwup on the field.

You couldn't be any more wrong then to suggest that a fan of the team must find the coach to be without fault. Be a Gibbs fan all you want. I'm a Redskins fan. And if someone isn't part of the solution, then they are part of the problem to me.

Excellent post! Nice Job! You get a star.:cheers:

Lol seriously, the name calling, stereotyping, im a better fan ect ect ect is soooo pointless.

Lets talk football not soap opera.

I am sure you would agree.

:dallasuck

Of course, I agree.

I am one of those 'so called' fans who actually like to see their team progress instead of regress. I like to voice my concerns regarding this team if I see a glaring problem. Maybe not as much as some but, I do my share. Whether it be pointing out the flaws of my hero--someone who I look up to and envy--Joe Gibbs ( I WILL meet him atleast once in my life or would be seriously pissed) . Or even someone as simple as a player on one of the lines.

I am not 'bashing' the player or coach out of hate. Rather, I am pointing out said flaw and voicing my concern on why it is a problem.

For some reason, that is a problem. It doesn't fall under the category of 'being a fan'. But, you know what? I don't give a ****. I know what I like and don't like. I know what team I choose to root for and not root for. I know what players I like and shows a lot of potential and progress, and even the ones that either don't right now or at all.

I may not be the poster fan but, that doesn't make me any less or more of a fan than anyone else on this friggin website. I log onto this site because I love this team.

How dare anyone on this site question my fandom because I choose to root in a different manner.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Ignorance blinds you from the reality of the truth behind that saying. Just because I choose to root for my 'Skins in a different manner than you, doesn't mean :pooh: !

I've always been under the impression that the team president isn't the one making the trades or free agent signings. I thought it was the general manager and since the Redskins don't have one I would assume that the Director of Player Personnel would take care of it.

Please talk to art about this or go read any of the chats that have been done here.

Team President is over Cerrato. It has been noted in many threads and conversations.

Gibbs has the call, at least according to all sources.

Not saying i beleive them 100% but we have to take what they say as the truth.

Of course, I agree.

I am one of those 'so called' fans who actually like to see their team progress instead of regress. I like to voice my concerns regarding this team if I see a glaring problem. Maybe not as much as some but, I do my share. Whether it be pointing out the flaws of my hero--someone who I look up to and envy--Joe Gibbs ( I WILL meet him atleast once in my life or would be seriously pissed) . Or even someone as simple as a player on one of the lines.

I am not 'bashing' the player or coach out of hate. Rather, I am pointing out said flaw and voicing my concern on why it is a problem.

For some reason, that is a problem. It doesn't fall under the category of 'being a fan'. But, you know what? I don't give a ****. I know what I like and don't like. I know what team I choose to root for and not root for. I know what players I like and shows a lot of potential and progress, and even the ones that either don't right now or at all.

I may not be the poster fan but, that doesn't make me any less or more of a fan than anyone else on this friggin website. I log onto this site because I love this team.

How dare anyone on this site question my fandom because I choose to root in a different manner.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Ignorance blinds you from the reality of the truth behind that saying. Just because I choose to root for my 'Skins in a different manner than you, doesn't mean :pooh: !

Great post. I could not say it better myself.:cheers:

HTTR

DIDN'T YOU HAVE A PART IN gIBBS GLORY YEARS, IF YOU DID THAT SHOULD LAST YOU A LIFE TIME, HOWEVER IF THERE ARE ANT FANS THAT WERN'T AROUND IN GIBBES GLORY YEARS I APOLOGIZE BUT GUARRENTEE IT WONT BE LONG

DIDN'T YOU HAVE A PART IN gIBBS GLORY YEARS, IF YOU DID THAT SHOULD LAST YOU A LIFE TIME, HOWEVER IF THERE ARE ANT FANS THAT WERN'T AROUND IN GIBBES GLORY YEARS I APOLOGIZE BUT GUARRENTEE IT WONT BE LONG

1. Dont yell

2. I was 5 years old when we last won the SB (look at the age next to my name)

3. Hell if i was part of the glory years i would prob be even more pissed because then i would know what winning actuallly felt like.

There was actually alot more than 1 compliments in that post. Go read when we signed fletcher or smoot. Go read the iggles game thread.

Hell i dont need to defend myself agaisnt your ignorance. It is out there for all to see.

You're right...98% of your posts are Redskins negative.

I'm trying to learn to hate my team as much as you do. Because it's right...it's true...it's reality.

Redskins suck!

How was that?

I'm trying to learn to hate my team as much as you do. Because it's right...it's true...it's reality.

Redskins suck!

How was that?

There is a difference between bashing and being critical in a constuctive manner.

Do you have any posts on this message board where you voice a concern and how to correct it? Or just look at everything as being rosy.

Good thing you don't watch the news. You would have a heartattack to see what reality is. ;)

Gibbs II so far has been less than stellar. He is not the same coach and if you can't see that maybe you don't know as much about the 'Skins as you think you do. Simply put, Gibbs coaches scared. He never really had a killer instinct but he was a great coach who made excellent halftime adjustments.

Now, he just seems like a nice guy who can't coach too well. It's sad but true.

Gibbs II so far has been less than stellar. He is not the same coach and if you can't see that maybe you don't know as much about the 'Skins as you think you do. Simply put, Gibbs coaches scared. He never really had a killer instinct but he was a great coach who made excellent halftime adjustments.

Now, he just seems like a nice guy who can't coach too well. It's sad but true.

You forgot the 'Redskins Suck'

--Tr1

:laugh:

There is a difference between bashing and being critical in a constuctive manner.

Do you have any posts on this message board where you voice a concern and how to correct it? Or just look at everything as being rosy.

Good thing you don't watch the news. You would have a heartattack to see what reality is. ;)

After watching the second half against the Giants last week you are right. The Redskins suck!!!

Redskins suck!

How was that?

No the redskins dont suck. Please show me a post where i said "the redskins suck"

The redskins are 2-1 but after being up 17-3 at the half the loss to the Gmen was not acceptable. Try to rationalize it, but you cant because there is no excuse it was a meltdown.

The redskins do not "suck" but since gibbs one losing has been a consistant thing-fact.

That does not make me a hater. I love the team but i hate losing, so sue me.

The only thing you have to offer is to call me a cowpuke or say i am not a fan. I would love to talk football but that doesnt seem possible.

Why do you bash your head coach? Why do you think everything in the NFL is easy? We lose one game, and then all of a sudden people say, Gibbs doesn't have it anymore, Gibbs's attention is split between the Redskins and Nascar, Gibbs isn't giving his all, Gibbs from the past would have had these 2007 Redskins player harder, Gibbs has lost it, Gibbs only plays not to lose, Gibbs is too conservative, the game has past him by, etc..

I'm getting tired of hearing this. I for one, KNOW Gibbs is the best coach in the NFL. If I'm not mistaken, he has the highest winning percentage amongst active coaches. I for one KNOW he's the best man for the job. This is an entirely different NFL than he coached in before. Gibbs teams from the past blew halftime leads also.

Everyone is talking about Bill Cower. Well, Cower couldn't take his Steelers to the playoffs the following year after winning it all, could he? How many NFL coaches from Gibbs era who was successful came back to even attempt to do what he's doing now? Not Mike Ditka, not Chuck Noll, not John Robinson, not John Madden, not Tom Flores, not Don Coryell, not anyone but maybe Parcells and Bill Parcells wasn't even gone from the game for the duration of time Gibbs was gone.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop abusing the head coach. If you can't be a true diehard Redskin fan, then cheer for some other NFL franchise. You sound like undercover Dallas Cowboy fans.

Note: If Joe Gibbs can coach the Redskins to a divisional playoff round in only his second season back after a twelve year hiatus, then he can take them do the Super Bowl too.

REDSKINS4EVER

All bow to the greatest Redskins fan ever. :notworthy Whatever dude. Keep living in 1982 and telling us how great things have been or will be.

Archived