Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those so-called Redskin Fans

Redskins4ever

These are the type of posts that make me so mad.

Also there are prob 10000 other threads on this subject, a search would do you well.

But to answer breifly;

Why are you ok with 14-15 years of almost nothing but failure?

Why are you ok with 2 playoff apearences since Gibbs I.

Why are you ok having less wins than the Bills in the last 5 years or so?

Why do you know Gibbs is the best current coach in the league?

Why are you ok with 2 losing seasons in the last 3?

Why are you ok with signings like archuleta and b lloyd for more money than i will ever see in my life?

Why are you ok with giving draft picks away like candy (4 picks for lloyd and duckket)?

Why do you consider yourself a fan if you are ok with the team continously losing? (i mean i am ok with the cardinals losing all the time, but alas i am not a fan of that team)

I am a HUGE fan of this team, i pour my heart out during each and every game. However, i do not accept mediocritoy or below average play (which we have been for the last 14 years).

If you are a fan, you should want W's and not be happy without them. If you are a casual observer than i guess you wouldnt care how well the team actually does.

I however, only care about 2 things: wins and a superbowl win. I have seen neither any time in recent memory. So why again is someone who is ok with losing a fan and one who is not ok with losing not a fan?

Why are you okay believing winning games is all the games abou There are plenty of teams that have never been to a bowl.

Noone is ok with losing.

That doesn't mean you bash the team and show extreme negativity every opportunity. There's a difference between questioning and accusing/bashing. there's no such thing as a fan without hope. IMO, if you're a fan, you have hope. It's what keeps you ROOTING for your team. The belief that things will go your team's way.

If you refuse to have that belief, and you refuse to cling on to any hope... I'm sorry, your not a fan. It's that simple. You can't root for something that you have hate and disgust for. Something you can't believe in. That's all the OP is saying.

Those of you who do what I'm saying know who you are, and yes, we can tell you that you're not a fan. Keep clinging to your weak arguments about how we shouldn't be ok with losing, and Gibbs II record, and the team's direction... whatever. That doesn't give you the excuse to bash THE TEAM YOU CLAIM TO ROOT FOR. Bashing the Redskins should be left for opposing teams. PERIOD.

Question, and question with hope that things will be solved. Bash, and you're not a fan. You're just someone who happens to know a lot about this team and decided to watch them intently, focus on the wrongs they do, and go off on it. Good job. You're no better than a negative Cowboy-loving ESPN analyst. You're as far from a Redskin fan as they are.

I agree that Gibbs is being ridden a little too hard for the O's performance in the Giant loss, but then you have the other side like the OP who strikes the tone of "How dare you criticize Gibbs, best coach in the NFL??!!" Sorry, but some of the decision-making during games in his second tenure have been very tough not to bash. What about taking two consecutive timeouts in St. Louis last year because he couldn't decide what play to call on 3rd and 1, and then again because he couldn't decide whether to trust Suisham kick a 52-yard yarder. And then in the Philly game, when he was going to kick a field goal on 2nd down at the 11-yard line with 14 seconds still left in the half. Submittedone, I remember from a previous post you were applauding the call for the FG.....whatever floats your boat. I thought the call was insane.

When you're team consistently makes the same mistakes, no coach is above the questioning that will follow it. While i wish the Joe Gibbs of old were here, thats just doesn't appear to be the case. This is Gibbs 4th year back, and yet the only consistent thing about us is our inconsistency. We keep saying give Gibbs time to get things right, but its already been 3 full years and part of the 4th. As we continue to make the same mistakes as past losing squads, its only natural to question the head coach.......regardless of how much of legend he is.
Here your self saying lol, if players make the same mistakes blame the coach, if that isn't, well no talking to you redskin bashers

Well from 92 until now how many seasons has Coach Gibbs coached? 10? 15? No, it's been a 3 year drought for Coach Gibbs. The last time he won a Super Bowl was only 3 of his seasons ago.

I'm sick of this "what have you done for me lately?" mentality because Joe Gibbs has had 3 years to turn a bad franchise into a championship contender. In his first 3 years, with hardly any draft picks, a below average QB and hardly any cap room he took us to the playoffs and almost the NFC Championship game.

Again, Joe Gibbs has only gone 3 years without a Super Bowl victory. If you criticize him then you raise the question "How many times does he have to prove to everyone out there that he is a better football coach then the people sitting at home that supposedly know everything?" Stop ragging on the best coach of all-time because nobody could do it better under the circumstances.

He has gone 4 years without a superbowl win--get it straight lol.

The point isnt just coach joe, its the entire organization.

But you want to cite draft picks that we didnt have? Gibbs traded most of them away or has been very happy to trade them away.

We signed mega free agents under gibbs as well.

The clock management has been a problem for 4 years now, i hope to god it improves but it is not excuseable.

Why are you okay believing winning games is all the games abou There are plenty of teams that have never been to a bowl.

Umm yea so lots of teams have not been to a bowl...sucks. I would be just as pissed if i was a fan of those teams, prob a little more.

Fact is i was 5 when we went to a bowl, i am now 21. That is alot of time.

Why do i think winning is everything? Well we play to win the games.

But you want to cite draft picks that we didnt have? Gibbs traded most of them away or has been very happy to trade them away.

The clock management has been a problem for 4 years now, i hope to god it improves but it is not excuseable.

Yikes!

Thanks for setting us Skins fans straight, again...

I need to do more hating on my team...

:rolleyes:

Yikes!

Thanks for setting us Skins fans straight, again...

I need to do more hating on my team...

:rolleyes:

Not hating on my own team...hating would be making up untrue stories or citing an opinion not grounded in facts.

I am simply just responding to a poster who tried to out fans who are not ok with losing on a consistant basis.

Gibbs is way too conservative though

Jason Campbell isnt Mark Brunell, therefore lets not run the Mark Brunell offense for the future star. Throwing swing passes and running the balls on sweeps just isnt working. Campbell has an awesome arm, which Brunell lost, also he is able to move out of the pocket and run with it. Let the guy play and let loose.

Here your self saying lol, if players make the same mistakes blame the coach, if that isn't, well no talking to you redskin bashers

i'm not bashing the Redskins at all, in fact i defend them and Gibbs despite his mistakes when i'm in debates with fans of other teams and rivals. I'm also a realist and realize that as of right now Gibbs II has been somewhat of a disappointment. i've defended this team when it was damn near impossible to in the past, criticizing is not bashing :2cents:

Not hating on my own team...hating would be making up untrue stories or citing an opinion not grounded in facts.

I am simply just responding to a poster who tried to out fans who are not ok with losing on a consistant basis.

Thank God we have you here to see and speak the truth, skinsn24.

I think we'd be lost without you.

Hey, the pukes are winning...maybe you could root for them?

Just a thought.

i'm not bashing the Redskins at all, in fact i defend them and Gibbs despite his mistakes when i'm in debates with fans of other teams and rivals. I'm also a realist and realize that as of right now Gibbs II has been somewhat of a disappointment. i've defended this team when it was damn near impossible to in the past, criticizing is not bashing :2cents:

Well, with your encouragement, I tremble at the thought of us going 6-2...

Thank God we have you here to see and speak the truth, skinsn24.

I think we'd be lost without you.

Hey, the pukes are winning...maybe you could root for them?

Just a thought.

Your taking things too personal tr1.

I have said nothing untrue or exceptionally negative.

I responded to a post trying to call out people who are not ok with losing.

Dont know why you are so upset, son.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm complimenting you, skinsn24...don't you understand?

You're telling me I should be hating more on my team...right?

This makes perfect sense...

I guess I just don't understand what being a fan is.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not hating enough.

**** Redskins!

Yea but look at his draft picks now,he tried via free agency,didn't work, thats why what we have here now is a young upcoming team be patient

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm complimenting you, skinsn24...don't you understand?

You're telling me I should be hating more on my team...right?

This makes perfect sense...

I guess I just don't understand what being a fan is.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not hating enough.

**** Redskins!

Lol, im not telling anyone to hate on the skins. I wont hate on them either.

Seriously this is pointless, you want to debate some football, you know im down, till then stick with the ATN where its all fun and games.

HTTR

> Talking about mysef, was a washington senetor fan all those years , they never won anything

Yea but look at his draft picks now,he tried via free agency,didn't work, thats why what we have here now is a young upcoming team be patient

I do agree it seems he realized he failed in one department and is now trying another.

I will always be a fan so patience doesnt really matter, but ive been waitin 15 years. How long should i have to wait untill i can complain a little?

I see very little bashing personally. I see plenty of questioning, and I think it's healthy. This is a great forum to cathartically dispell, agree and/or share in any and all things Redskins. This is the place to be and it would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything. Discourse is good and I think Gibbs himself would be the first one to tell you the same.

Well you got that right - there's a whole lot of questioning that's been going on for a whole lot of years around here in Redskins Country! :D

And the faithful are still around waiting for answers and probably will be no matter how long it takes.

I just hope it happens before I die. That's all I'm asking for. If I can't get that then oh well, I'll still die a Redskins fan baby!

I do agree it seems he realized he failed in one department and is now trying another.

I will always be a fan so patience doesnt really matter, but ive been waitin 15 years. How long should i have to wait untill i can complain a little?

Never a positive post about your favorite team...

...I'm thinking sock puppet...

Yeah, and he's right.

People getting ticked over one game, losing faith, bashing their coach..thats a fan alright..

I love JG and am glad that he came back to coach us but in JG's 1st go around he had a great FO and Great GM. He does not have that now. Hiuge difference!!!!

I do not believe that most redskins fans are panicking over last week, however the play calling was awful and I cannot ignore that fact. The Philly game before that we screwed up before halftime but got away with it.

JG is still an excellant coach and he as much as ack what most of us knew Sunday after the goal line spike that in hindsight maybe he should have let JC audible at the line on 1st down and try to throw the ball into the end zone. That was the right thing to do given the time left and the situation and anyone that know football is aware of that!!!

I still believe that we can receover from tnis but we cannot keep making the same mistakes over and over. I was listening to the John Riggins show today and he brought up a good point about having a set go to guy in that situation, possibly Mike Sellers. JR does know a little about getting short yardage and getting into the end zone and I respect his opinion.

Never a positive post about your favorite team...

...I'm thinking sock puppet...

It would do you well to do some research before you comment on things. You are starting to look very foolish.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212786&highlight=naysayer

The Iggles-A team I view as on their way down but still with enough talent to be a decent ball club. None the less, the Skins went into Philly and won a primetime game. The win could have been a blowout had JC hit Moss over the top, that said the game would have been tied or been 2 points if McNabb had hit Curtis wide open on 3rd down, but this would not have been an issue if the pass to moss was completed. I LOVED the go for the throat play call. One of the best plays called by Saunders since he has been here, if not the best play call.

Wow, I am so impressed with Rocky and it was not something I saw coming. The kid can play and has played at a phenomenal level so far. I am really surprised but I am now a true believer in this kid.

Fletcher is great as I knew he would be, one of the most underrated player in the league for the last 10 years.

Landry will be a stud, he has made a few mistakes but he is not a wild player and has his head on his shoulders. Very sound

I love JG and am glad that he came back to coach us but in JG's 1st go around he had a great FO and Great GM. He does not have that now. Hiuge difference!!!!

I do not believe that most redskins fans are panicking over last week, however the play calling was awful and I cannot ignore that fact. The Philly game before that we screwed up before halftime but got away with it.

JG is still an excellant coach and he as much as ack what most of us knew Sunday after the goal line spike that in hindsight maybe he should have let JC audible at the line on 1st down and try to throw the ball into the end zone. That was the right thing to do given the time left and the situation and anyone that know football is aware of that!!!

I still believe that we can receover from tnis but we cannot keep making the same mistakes over and over. I was listening to the John Riggins show today and he brought up a good point about having a set go to guy in that situation, possibly Mike Sellers. JR does know a little about getting short yardage and getting into the end zone and I respect his opinion.

See thats what i mean, back on bashing the playcalling. Even the media (tv and radio) had no problems with playcalling, least not Redskins Radio

Archived