Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those so-called Redskin Fans

Redskins4ever

Why do you bash your head coach? Why do you think everything in the NFL is easy? We lose one game, and then all of a sudden people say, Gibbs doesn't have it anymore, Gibbs's attention is split between the Redskins and Nascar, Gibbs isn't giving his all, Gibbs from the past would have had these 2007 Redskins player harder, Gibbs has lost it, Gibbs only plays not to lose, Gibbs is too conservative, the game has past him by, etc..

I'm getting tired of hearing this. I for one, KNOW Gibbs is the best coach in the NFL. If I'm not mistaken, he has the highest winning percentage amongst active coaches. I for one KNOW he's the best man for the job. This is an entirely different NFL than he coached in before. Gibbs teams from the past blew halftime leads also.

Everyone is talking about Bill Cower. Well, Cower couldn't take his Steelers to the playoffs the following year after winning it all, could he? How many NFL coaches from Gibbs era who was successful came back to even attempt to do what he's doing now? Not Mike Ditka, not Chuck Noll, not John Robinson, not John Madden, not Tom Flores, not Don Coryell, not anyone but maybe Parcells and Bill Parcells wasn't even gone from the game for the duration of time Gibbs was gone.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop abusing the head coach. If you can't be a true diehard Redskin fan, then cheer for some other NFL franchise. You sound like undercover Dallas Cowboy fans.

Note: If Joe Gibbs can coach the Redskins to a divisional playoff round in only his second season back after a twelve year hiatus, then he can take them do the Super Bowl too.

REDSKINS4EVER

I'm not just saying this now to get on your side, but seriously this is the same exact thing I've been thinking.

It's so messed up how people only realize these stupid little things when we lose! I knew this is going to happen, and this is the reason why today was the first day I posted this whole week.

Earlier (I think it's still up) I saw a thread about Bill Cowher and it's so funny how 1 loss can bring that up. ONE loss people. Wow, teams talk about changing coaches after an unsuccessful season but damn one game can bring you all down.

Great post man keep it coming :applause:

I think others are entitled to their opinion on this matter.

I think also that as good fans go, the Skins have the best. A good fan also tries to get to the bottom of things when things aren't going quite as we would like.

I understand your want to defend coach Gibbs. He's done alot for this team. But sometimes he should shoulder some of the blame imo. He's not perfect, therefore the team isn't perfect either.

Just my :2cents: .

HTTR!!

The simple fact is, there are a lot of people around here who seem to believe when a team loses, it's always because of what they DIDN'T do, and what the OTHER team did somehow meant NOTHING at all!

Sometimes teams have momentum that can't be stopped. Look how great the Redskins were in 1983.

And look what happened.

Did coach Gibbs just :censored: that one all up with poor clock management, bad play calling, or because he had lost it?

No. Football teams do lose games, you know?

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

sorry. "Did coach Gibbs just poopy that one all up..."

I see very little bashing personally. I see plenty of questioning, and I think it's healthy. This is a great forum to cathartically dispell, agree and/or share in any and all things Redskins. This is the place to be and it would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything. Discourse is good and I think Gibbs himself would be the first one to tell you the same.

I see very little bashing personally. I see plenty of questioning, and I think it's healthy. This is a great forum to cathartically dispell, agree and/or share in any and all things Redskins. This is the place to be and it would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything. Discourse is good and I think Gibbs himself would be the first one to tell you the same.

I find some people's lack of faith disturbing though. I just feel some people need to stop pouting and thank their lucky stars Gibbs is here. Talking bad about him won't help matters. I just feel strongly about it.

What about a guy that spends all day berating his son for missing tackles in a game.

Does that make him a good father?

lol

I just turn it off if I don't like it. Like Lavar, ****el, Comcast, If they go negative I turn the channel. If the post is complaining and whining I just don't read it. So many coaches out there LOL,, not

It's not one game.

It's his entire tenure he has been here.

Show me GibbsII's record, and then try to tell me he is the best coach in the league, or whatever nonsense you are spewing.

Something isn't right. 2-1 isn't much to brag about. We tied MIAMI---who blows---at home. The coin flip goes the other way, and we are sitting here 1-2.

The franchise is not in a healthy position, nor has it been under GibbsII. Something is askew. If I could tell you what it is, I could solve all our problems. But we keep making questionable roster moves and somehow managing to screwup on the field.

You couldn't be any more wrong then to suggest that a fan of the team must find the coach to be without fault. Be a Gibbs fan all you want. I'm a Redskins fan. And if someone isn't part of the solution, then they are part of the problem to me.

I find some people's lack of faith disturbing though. I just feel some people need to stop pouting and thank their lucky stars Gibbs is here. Talking bad about him won't help matters. I just feel strongly about it.

Sure, but most of that is just knee-jerk emotional stuff I think. I'm guilty of that on occasion too. Gibbs understands this also. He knows the questions will continue until they start winning again consistently and he said as much. Nobody can take away your faith in the man and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

I love how people say we bash Gibbs over one game. Its been three years and he never goes for the kill. We lost in the 4th quarter more than any team in the NFL last year. By that I mean we had the lead and lost it, because all Gibbs does is run when we are up. He thinks you can just run the clock out when we are up by 3 or 7. Sorry this is the NFL and teams score when they need to the most. We need to learn how to put teams away. Gibbs is the coach and he has to be the one putting the game away. By the way Gibbs record is 23-28 the last 3 year and that counting the 2-1 record right now. So don't give me this BS that its because of one game.

Guest Rafterman
It's not one game.

It's his entire tenure he has been here.

Show me GibbsII's record, and then try to tell me he is the best coach in the league, or whatever nonsense you are spewing.

Something isn't right. 2-1 isn't much to brag about. We tied MIAMI---who blows---at home. The coin flip goes the other way, and we are sitting here 1-2.

The franchise is not in a healthy position, nor has it been under GibbsII. Something is askew. If I could tell you what it is, I could solve all our problems. But we keep making questionable roster moves and somehow managing to screwup on the field.

You couldn't be any more wrong then to suggest that a fan of the team must find the coach to be without fault. Be a Gibbs fan all you want. I'm a Redskins fan. And if someone isn't part of the solution, then they are part of the problem to me.

:applause: :cheers:

Players, coaches and owners come and go but the team remains.

Guest Rafterman
I love how people say we bash Gibbs over one game. Its been three years and he never goes for the kill. We lost in the 4th quarter more than any team in the NFL last year. By that I mean we had the lead and lost it, because all Gibbs does is run when we are up. He thinks you can just run the clock out when we are up by 3 or 7. Sorry this is the NFL and teams score when they need to the most. We need to learn how to put teams away. Gibbs is the coach and he has to be the one putting the game away. By the way Gibbs record is 23-28 the last 3 year and that counting the 2-1 record right now. So don't give me this BS that its because of one game.
:applause:

23-28 That's the bottom line.

Anyone who thinks that this is just "one game," or that you can't be a fan if you criticize the head coach seriously needs to never open their mouth again. How ignorant. People are up in arms over what has become a systemic and pervasive piss poor pattern of play-calling and game management under the Gibbs regime. His inability to adjust to the modern NFL is costing OUR BELOVED REDSKINS important games. Feel free to be a mindless lemming and worship the feet of an unprepared and outmatched headcoach, gobbling up his weekly inane propaganda. Some of us, however, would actually like to raise, address, and propose solutions to the problems this team has so that OUR BELOVED REDSKINS will stop sucking. Gibbs clearly hasn't gotten the message on his own after 4 years, and apparently the coaches are too scared to confront him even though they know whats up. So, someone has to tell him he is being a dumbass, and that someone is us.

Why do you bash your head coach? Why do you think everything in the NFL is easy? We lose one game, and then all of a sudden people say, Gibbs doesn't have it anymore, Gibbs's attention is split between the Redskins and Nascar, Gibbs isn't giving his all, Gibbs from the past would have had these 2007 Redskins player harder, Gibbs has lost it, Gibbs only plays not to lose, Gibbs is too conservative, the game has past him by, etc..

I'm getting tired of hearing this. I for one, KNOW Gibbs is the best coach in the NFL. If I'm not mistaken, he has the highest winning percentage amongst active coaches. I for one KNOW he's the best man for the job. This is an entirely different NFL than he coached in before. Gibbs teams from the past blew halftime leads also.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop abusing the head coach. If you can't be a true diehard Redskin fan, then cheer for some other NFL franchise. You sound like undercover Dallas Cowboy fans.

Note: If Joe Gibbs can coach the Redskins to a divisional playoff round in only his second season back after a twelve year hiatus, then he can take them do the Super Bowl too.

REDSKINS4EVER

These are the type of posts that make me so mad.

Also there are prob 10000 other threads on this subject, a search would do you well.

But to answer breifly;

Why are you ok with 14-15 years of almost nothing but failure?

Why are you ok with 2 playoff apearences since Gibbs I.

Why are you ok having less wins than the Bills in the last 5 years or so?

Why do you know Gibbs is the best current coach in the league?

Why are you ok with 2 losing seasons in the last 3?

Why are you ok with signings like archuleta and b lloyd for more money than i will ever see in my life?

Why are you ok with giving draft picks away like candy (4 picks for lloyd and duckket)?

Why do you consider yourself a fan if you are ok with the team continously losing? (i mean i am ok with the cardinals losing all the time, but alas i am not a fan of that team)

I am a HUGE fan of this team, i pour my heart out during each and every game. However, i do not accept mediocritoy or below average play (which we have been for the last 14 years).

If you are a fan, you should want W's and not be happy without them. If you are a casual observer than i guess you wouldnt care how well the team actually does.

I however, only care about 2 things: wins and a superbowl win. I have seen neither any time in recent memory. So why again is someone who is ok with losing a fan and one who is not ok with losing not a fan?

Archived